stories

Full Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter thirty two; stories

“That’s impossible.” Jaebum broke the silence with a shocked voice. “I would have known if he was an Alpha.” His eyes narrowed on Jin Young as his wolf emerged slightly, threatened by the statement. His eyes glazed over a brighter color as his human side began to retract.

 

Jin Young averted his gaze from the Alpha glaring at him, “It’s true, Jaebum. My mom told me when Mark first came to live with us.” He let out a small sigh as his eyes flew to each of the pack members. “It’s more than just his parents passing away and our parents being old friends.”

 

“What do you mean?” YugYeom asked, his eyes wide. Jae Ah glanced over to him from over her shoulder. YugYeom suddenly looked much younger to her. She knew he was still in high school and the youngest of the group but due to his large structure and clear muscles, he never seemed to be that young. But the way his round eyes looked helplessly to Jin Young seemed to emphasize the young boy in him.

 

“Why didn’t you tell us before?” Jaebum pressed, his voice taking almost an animalistic tone. Jaehyun’s frightened gaze flew to him and he subtly took a step away from the Alpha, feeling his authority.

 

“I couldn’t.” Jin Young simply answered, seemingly not bothered by his angry pack member. “I promised my mom I wouldn’t say anything. I don’t even think Mark knows he’s an Alpha.” Jin Young glanced over to the brown wolf but the said person was busy staring intently at Jae Ah, watching her every move.

 

Jae Ah’s lips pulled up slightly at Mark’s great attention to her. His blue eyes studied her face and he seemed more calm now, as if just staring at her made him feel better.

 

“What is the story then?” Jaebum growled. “The full truth this time, Park Jin Young.”

 

Jin Young hesitated but the look on Jaebum’s face made him speak. If he didn’t, he was sure that Jaebum would force it out of him. But he was also worried. He knew how Alphas worked. So much power in such little space was just calling for a fight amongst those who were born to have it. It never mattered until now because, he realized, Mark hadn’t seemed like an Alpha until recently.

 

“Mark was the Alpha’s son.” Jin Young started and all growling from the wolves beside him ceased as they eyed him warily. “His pack was wiped out by Hunters. He had no pack to lead, Jaebum. The Beta had escaped with him before they could get to him. He brought Mark to my family, knowing that my family was very good friends with Mark’s parents. He died not long after. He couldn’t live without his mate.”

 

Jaebum began snarling before Jin Young even finished, “Hunters wiped the pack out?” Although it wasn’t his pack that had been threatened, Jaebum couldn’t help but feel a sort of sadness in him for the fellow wolves that had been lost because of terrified humans.

 

“How does Mark not know?” YugYeom asked, his tone low. His eyes went to the brown wolf, his heart swelling for someone he regarded as a brother. He never knew Mark had been through that much. He had always felt for Mark since the boy had lost his parents young but this was different. He hadn’t just lost his parents. He’d lost everyone.

 

Jin Young hesitated once more, “I’m not sure. But I don’t think he does. He’s been trying to read on his past, on his parents. I think if he knew he was an Alpha and what happened, he would have told me. I’m not sure to the extent he knows.”

 

Jaebum fell silent, his eyes glowing a bright color as he shifted his gaze to Mark. He wasn’t sure what to make of the story. Mark was his friend, his brother. But if Mark was actually an Alpha, then that would explain how Mark had recently begun defying him. And that wasn’t good. Jaebum’s wolf was a natural born Alpha. He didn’t like being disrespected. And, brother or not, he wasn’t sure he could live with another Alpha around.

 

Jae Ah blinked her eyes rapidly, feeling lost. Her mind processed Jin Young’s st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter