tears

Full Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter twenty two: tears

A loud howl broke through the air and Mark snapped his head up from where he sat in the warm living room of Jaebum’s house. He glanced out the large window that looked upon the forest and heard Jin Young’s voice hit them all moments later.

 

There’s someone in the woods.

 

Mark was on leaping out of the front door in seconds, his wolf breaking free. Dark brown paws hit the ground as he fled to where Jin Young was. He was determined to find the hunter and kill them.

 

His glowing blue eyes easily scanned the trees for any more people as he could feel himself getting closer to Jin Young’s location.

 

All at once, though, another scent hit him and he stumbled in his path. His mate was here.

Before he knew it, he could see her. His wolf happily yipped inside his head at the sight of his mate but Mark stayed silent as he came out of hiding. Jin Young was right beside her as she leaned over him, lying on the ground.

From the smell of it, Jin Young was bleeding but the only thing on Mark’s mind was the look of awe on Jae Ah’s face. He felt a envy creep up inside his mind and he let out a loud growl, startling her. Her eyes snapped to his and he watched her carefully, seeing recognition flash on her face before she whispered his name, “Mark.”

Mark felt his heart pound louder as she said, “You remind me of someone.” He felt like cheering in the situation. She had recognized him, which was good and bad. His wolf was proud but his human side knew better. “Well,” Her voice caught his attention, “if I’m going to die might as well make friends with my killers.” Mark felt like laughing at that. There was no way he would ever hurt her.

You have to get out of here. Jin Young spoke to him. She might actually recognize you.

Mark missed Jae Ah’s next few words as his concentration was on Jin Young but he noticed her step back and he growled. She kept speaking, watching him carefully as he stalked forward, headed for Jin Young.

Are you okay, Jin Young? Mark asked as he sniffed over his friend’s body before looking back to Jae Ah. Who hurt you?

Jin Young scoffed. A coyote. It was attacking her.

Mark growled loudly at that, his gaze glued to Jae Ah’s. He saw her lips move to say something else but he only half paid attention. His wolf was surfacing again now that he was close to her.

All at once, she said something and suddenly turned and ran. Mark let out a loud growl at his escaping mate and his wolf acted before he could stop as he chased after her fleeing body. He easily launched himself over fallen trunks as he followed close behind her, but not close enough to pounce on her.

Mark! Get back here! Jin Young sounded angry now. There’s a hunter out there! You could get hurt.

Mark sped up slightly at the reminder of the hunter. He had to make sure Jae Ah made it out of the forest safely. I can’t.

He noticed her suddenly stumble from ahead as her feet came to a stop and her hands came up to block her. Mark looked past her to suddenly see a bright light.

His blue eyes glowed brighter as his wolf came forward and he let out a dangerous growl. Hunter. He launched himself o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter