werewolves

Full Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter twenty four: werewolves

    Every part of Jae Ah was on high alert. Her dark brown eyes were open to their widest as her pupils darted from right to left to absorb everything that was happening. Her arms trembled slightly as she struggled to keep her body upright.

 

She was surrounded. 5 wolves stared right back at her, unmoving. Jae Ah instantly recognized the wolf in the very front as the injured one from before. She noticed it was leaning heavily on its right paw while its left paw was stained a dark red color.

 

Jae Ah’s eyes snapped back to the very familiar injured boy right before her and a shaky breath left her lips. “T-That’s Mark.”

 

The wolf in the front let out a huff of air and took a step forward. Its eyes trailed down to Mark and it let out a small whine. Another wolf from its right came forth with a steady gaze towards Jae Ah. It stopped right by Mark’s body before it slowly leaned its head down and nudged Mark.

 

Mark didn’t respond at all and the wolf pushed the whining one aside. With one last glance up to Jae Ah, the wolf let out another huff of air before a loud crack sounded in the air.

 

Jae Ah was left with shivers running all through her body as the wolf’s body shifted and transformed as the fur thinned before disappearing back into the, now, human body. Light skin replaced the wolf’s dark fur as the once wolf figure was replaced by a familiar human boy.

 

Jaebum’s eyes were focused on Jae Ah as he took in a shaky breath, “Jae Ah, calm down. You’re shaking.”

 

“W-What’s happening?” Jae Ah finally stammered, her lips feeling dry and parched. “This isn’t real. It isn’t real.”

 

“Jae Ah, listen.” Jaebum put up his hand to show he meant no harm. He felt a light cloth hit his back and he grabbed at the shorts without even looking back. Jaebum waited to see if she would close her eyes or turn around before he mentally shrugged and stood to his full height and slipped on the shorts.

 

Jae Ah let out a gasp of surprise as she realized what he was doing but her eyes shut too late. With cheeks tinted red, her eyes opened once more to find Jaebum lighting touching Mark’s neck to check his pulse.

 

Jaebum turned to the other wolves, “We have to get him back. He needs help and fast.” He turned back to Jae Ah as one of the wolves nodded its big head and moved towards Mark. “Jae Ah, you need to calm down, okay? Everything is going to be fine.”

 

“This isn’t real.” Jae Ah breathed again. Her entire body felt like someone had dumped ice on her. She could hear her heart beating against her rib cage, faster than she’d ever heard it before.

 

Jaebum hesitated before looking back at Mark. Without any hesitation, he lifted Mark’s body and easily pushed him onto the awaiting wolves’ back. With Mark draped loosely across his back, the wolf turned away from Jae Ah and began walking in the opposite direction followed by the whining wolf and two more.

 

“Jae Ah.” Jaebum said again, catching her attention. Jae Ah felt a strange worry fill her as she watched the wolf disappear with Mark. Her worried gaze was vivid to Jaebum and he swallowed. “Look, I know you’re confused and scared but you need to listen. Mark is really hurt right now. I need to go back to check on him.”

 

Jae Ah struggled before she could speak the words, “He was shot by an arrow.” Her voice wavered at the end as she finally felt the tears stinging her eyes.

 

“I know.” Jaebum nodded. “We, wolves, have a mind link. He told us already.”

 

“Wolves.” Jae Ah shuddered a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter