warnings

Full Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter twenty seven; warnings

    Jae Ah’s lips parted in surprise, “What?”

 

Jinwoo looked back to her with a glare and she was shocked by the hostility in it. He didn’t seem anything like the boy she knew now, “It’s because of him, isn’t it?”

“I-” Jae Ah swallowed hard, “No. We don’t get to see each other a lot, oppa. And I just-”

“Jae Ah,” Jinwoo’s voice sounded as if he was trying very hard to be patient with her, “ever since you came here and met them, you’ve been acting differently. Is it because of him? That’s all I want to know. Nothing else.”

Jae Ah fell quiet. She wasn’t sure what to say. She could never tell him that it was because she had feelings for Mark that she was breaking it off. That would break him. But that’s all he was asking to know, too. She felt her stomach churning as a sick feeling hit her.

With a whisper, she answered, “Kind of.”

Jinwoo’s lips pulled up into a mocking smile, “I knew it. Mark likes you, doesn’t he? And that bastard has been playing you the entire time. He-” Jinwoo suddenly stopped talking. He shook his head after a moment, “Whatever. It doesn’t matter.”

Jae Ah blinked in confusion, “I’m sorry, oppa. I just-”

“I have to go.” He brushed her hand off his arm and stood up. “I’ll see you around. Jaehyun must be happy now. He never did like me, did he?” He asked but didn’t bother waiting for an answer before he walked off to where they had come from.

Jae Ah sat there and watched him leave until he was gone from her sight. She fell against the back of the bench and her eyes shut as she struggled to keep herself composed. This is what she wanted. This is what she had really wanted.

------

Mark had no idea what was happening on the TV but he kept watching. Even though it had been on for almost 2 hours now, he hadn’t understood a moment of it. All because his mind was on Park Jae Ah.

He let out a small sigh as his finger ran over the buttons of the remote absentmindedly. He had to see her. But how could he? After he had kissed her, remembered she had a boyfriend, and then left? Everything was calling for a disaster.

His eyes shut as he leaned his head back against the wall behind the couch. He hadn’t been able to sleep a wink last night despite his injuries and brain needing the rest. His wolf refused to relax and wished only to go out and explore the forest. But he knew that it was just a trick to get him to shift and then his wolf would only lead him straight to Jae Ah. That’s where his wolf really wanted to be.

“Mark?” Jin Young’s voice startled him as he snapped his eyes open to stare at his childhood friend. Jin Young watched him for a moment before falling onto the couch behind him, “What are you doing?”

“I don’t know.” Mark honestly replied.

“Have you slept at all? You look like .” Jin Young commented and Mark gave him a sarcastic look. “Just saying the truth…” Jin Young replied nonchalantly. Mark looked back to the TV, choosing not to reply to him. After a few more moments of silence, Jin Young spoke again, “Okay, what the hell is wrong?”

“Nothing.” Mark replied.

Jin Young rolled his eyes, “Bull. You’re obviously sulking about something. What happened last night when you went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter