prisoners

Full Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter thirty seven; prisoners

  “What?” Jae Ah’s eyes widened in surprise and she hid back her horror at his statement. “What are you talking about? Jinwoo, I didn’t do anything. I swear, I-”

 

Jinwoo in a breath as his eyes momentarily shut. He struggled to control his temper, not wanting to lash out at her despite his rage slowly rising within him, “Jae Ah,” he gritted his teeth together, “just show me your phone.”

 

Jae Ah was at a loss. She could show him her phone and he would clearly see her message to Mark. She could not show him her phone and he would assume she was hiding something. Either way, she was in trouble. And she had no way of asking for help. There were at least 5 boys in the apartment that probably wanted to kill her now for betraying them.

 

“Isn’t it obvious?” Mino’s voice came from behind Jinwoo and he came into full view. His eyes shot daggers at Jae Ah and she flinched at his animosity. “She’s hiding something. She must have told them something.”

 

Jinwoo’s heartbroken gaze returned to her for a moment before dropping. He desperately wanted to believe Jae Ah would never do that to him but he knew better. He’d known her since they were young. And she was hiding something.

 

He sighed, loudly. Jae Ah’s worried gaze returned to him as he composed his expression into a cold mask. He lifted his eyes to her and she was startled by the rage in them. “Fine.” He said, seething. “I trusted you, Jae Ah. But since you betrayed us, I guess we have no choice now.”

 

Before Jae Ah could ask just what he meant, he pushed forward, startling her. She stumbled back, hitting the glass shower door in surprise. He reached for the bathroom door and pulled it shut, leaving her in the small room. She heard loud chatter from outside before a click from the door.

 

Jae Ah stared at it, blinking. What had just happened? She slowly came forward and her hand rested on the knob. She tried to pull the door open but it wouldn’t budge. She noticed the lock had twisted shut and she tried to unlock the door but the little switch wouldn’t move. Jinwoo had locked her in the bathroom.

 

“W-What?” Jae Ah mumbled to herself, staring at the door in a loss. She was stuck in a bathroom? Her grip tightened on the small, electronic in her hand and she blinked again. They hadn’t taken her phone. They had locked her in a room but hadn’t taken her phone. What really was happening?

 

She pressed her ear against the door, straining to understand the words echoing from outside. But the voices were too muffled for her to understand what was being said. She exhaled in annoyance and pushed herself further against the door, trying her hardest to hear as well as she could.

 

Jae Ah cursed herself mentally for always listening to her music so loudly. She was sure that if she didn’t torment her ears daily with blasting music that she would have had better hearing and would be able to hear what the Hunters were saying.

 

The voices suddenly came closer to her and she perked up, picking up random words now. She didn’t understand much of what was being said until Jinwoo’s loud voice suddenly hit her hears.

 

“We have to kill that bastard. Mark is going to die today.” Jinwoo growled, close enough to the door that Jae Ah could even hear the hatred in his tone. She in a breath in surprise and struggled to listen more. “He parades around thinking he’s so great.” Jinwoo continued, “Just because he brainwashed Jae Ah doesn’t mean I’ll let him get away with anything.”

 

“Don’t worry.” It was Seunghoon’s voice she heard next, “We’ll make sure he suffers. We’re already ready for the attack. Let’s just go for it.”

 

Jae Ah pulled away from the door, fingers at her lips. She had to warn them. Whatever the Hunters were planning was obviously pushed up to any moment now because of her. The Pack was in trouble and she had to find a way to help them.

 

But Jinwoo had said that they were watching her phone. That means that any message she sent to any of the wolves would be traced and who knew what the Hunters would do then. She wasn’t sure if they forgot she had a phone or purposely had left it with her. Maybe they were expecting her to contact Mark and the others.

 

She slipped her phone out again and stared at her ‘messages’ screen, wondering what she could do. She couldn’t risk contacting Mark. Her f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter