痛.

The Sins of Kim Hanbin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was past 3 AM when I coiled myself under the warm sheets and slid my finger on the phone's screen, hoping that surfing on the internet would distract me from missing him. On the outside, I looked like a normal teenage girl who fell in love for the first time, but on the inside, I was completely devastated. My whole body was in a merciless agony each minute spent away from him. I have realised how much Hanbin actually meant to me as not seeing him for a few minutes was tough enough, but not seeing him for hours became a living hell.

 

Do you know that moment when someone walks into your life and the very next day you wonder how you lived without him this whole time? Well, that was exactly the situation I was into. No other guy has been the object of my desire before him. I was under his unbreakable spell ever since the day I firstly met him in the school's yard. That day when he almost killed me with his monstrous motorcycle, kept him trapped in my mind until now. 

 

The cloudy night rolled in covering everything and the low sky imparted a claustrophobic tension. The wind was entering the room through the large opened window, waving white silk curtain within it. The drowsiness combined with my usual state of  laziness made standing up an impossible mission.

 

I found my bed lonely and cold. I was missing his muscular arm wrapped around my waist, his addictive scent of menthol, his messy hair that made him look devilish y and that seductive dimple that always cracked his pink cheeks whenever  his plump lips curved upwards.

 

The pain that was flooding my foot was insignificant in that moment, even if the uncomfortable high heels only managed to make it worse, I couldn't care less about it. There is no other pain as big as the emotional one, no other thing that could hurt more than that.

 

I cuddled up under the soft blanket, ignoring the cold breeze that was traveling the room and imagined him being there with me. My black make-up eyelids fell heavy upon the eyes, forcing me into the embrace of sleep.

 

 

A weird sound woke me up, making me startle in fear. It could have been the wind who opened the window wider but I didn't dare to take a peek across the gloomy room. I mentally cursed all the horror movies and covered my face with a pillow, using it as a shield that would protect me from the evil spirits. 

 

I always believed that what you don't see , can't hurt you but in that moment the touch of fear dictated something else to my frail body. Suddenly, the bed curved at the edge as a weight put pressure on it.

 

''It can't be...''

 

Our house was a fortress as it had surveillance cameras all over the place, two bodyguards at the front door and an expensive safety system which was directly connected to the police station. The basic problem of my stepfather was that he always lived with the impression that someone wanted to steal his money. He was a high core paranoid and that's the main reason why our house looked rather like a maximum security jail than a welcoming home.

 

My mother sacrificed her own heart when she got herself involved into a marriage just for money. She hoped that expensive toys and fancy holidays will eventually make us surpass our father's death easier, so she ended up marrying this old man. Our stepfather was a selfish person. He pressured my mother to make another child as he couldn't stand the fact that either me or Seunghoon will inherit his wealth one day.  He blamed us for being born from a different bloodline which he liked to call the  'weak one'.  He wanted his own child as an heir instead of us but God opposed his will as my mother couldn't get pregnant.

 

When someone rested his hand on the pillow, I realized that there were not ghosts into my room but actually a person...Someone who broke into our fortress without being bothered by our security system.

 

The fear was shackles, a knife in my guts slowly twisting. My heart rumbled inside my chest meanwhile, the fear strangled my neck, leaving me breathless. I quickly pulled away from the pillow and prepared my vocal cords to release the loudest scream ever but his agile hand covered my mouth before I could do it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter