末.

The Sins of Kim Hanbin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I dropped my gaze to the floor and bit my lower lip nervously. Seunghoon surely knew how to push my guilt buttons and make me feel like I did an unforgivable sin. His eyes were narrowed, rigid and cold. I drew another deep breath as I knew that the merciless stare would last only until he would find the perfect line to cut me off with. He was there in front of me but I felt him emotionally distant.

 

''I have asked you one to stay away from him. Is that how much my words mean to you?'' His lethal stare felt painful and piercing but not as much as the disappointment in his voice.

 

I looked up at him with teary eyes, knowing I have let him down again. ''I am sorry...''

 

''No. That is the point, Haeun. You are not sorry.'' He coldly cut me off. ''When you repeat a mistake, it is not a mistake anymore. It is a decision.''

 

His last words hit me back to senses. My brother was right. Everything I did was a decision and the consequences were bigger than I ever expected them to be. I believe once in life, we all get the chance to feel that annoying yet, uncontrollable attraction. It makes us gravitate towards the person that has captured our attention and unfortunately the more exposed we are, the more we fall for them.  No matter if he was physically near me or not, my attraction remained constant.  I felt caged into that feeling even if a dangerous guy was never the type of guy I would imagine myself with.

 

''Just go to your room.'' He suddenly interrupted my line thoughts, making his way upstairs back to his room.

 

The door banged behind him, leaving me alone in the silence of the night. Our parents were already sleeping but unfortunately for me, the security cameras weren't. I knew I was going to get scolded for the late hours.

 

There was nothing I hated the more than waking up for classes when I had no motivation to face another day. That kind of mornings when the sunlight slaps you in the face and you are forced to crawl out of the bed and get ready for a new day in the same jail room classroom, with the same noisy classmates and the same grumpy teachers. The difference between jail and school? You get free food there meanwhile here you have to pay for it.

 

After I took a shower and changed my clothes, I found myself staring at the ceiling. I was laying there, snuggled up in my sheets waiting to fall asleep. I knew all the techniques for falling asleep faster but none of them seemed to work that night as my mind kept drowning in the thoughts of him. I was wondering if he got home safe, if had time to eat something, if Bobby and Junhoe were alright and if I was going to see him tomorrow at school.

 

I rolled over and looked at the time every ten minutes as every event from the past days kept replying into my mind, making me relive the moments with the same intensity. After an hour I felt how my eyes became heavier and finally sent me into a deep sleep.

 

What I didn't know back then was that in the next few weeks I was going to regret falling asleep that night...

 

 

• • •

- 3 weeks later -

 

The hallway was even more crowded today. The nerds were happily exchanging their notes meanwhile the cheerleaders along with Jihyun were talking about God knows what new hair products. The wannabe troublem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter