痛.

The Sins of Kim Hanbin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The devil has always been described as the worst creature but, I believe he is actually the loneliest one. That pitiful angel who has been exiled from heaven just because he wanted to be the strongest. In fact, what’s the difference between him and us? We all carry the same amount of desire to become the best version of us and in the end, he was the only one who got punished for it.

What if the devil itself was once just a misunderstood angel? What if the evil is just a misunderstood good?

 

 

Since the day I met Kim Hanbin my life turned into a complete roller coaster. My father has always warned me about the darkness that might captivate me if I look too closely but never about the consequences of stepping into it as the more I got to know Kim Hanbin, the more it felt like I was losing myself.

 

In their game of chess, I was apparently an important pawn: ''The Queen''… King’s closest and also strongest chess piece but, in reality, I was far from that. A queen should give power to her King meanwhile, I was just his only and at the same time biggest weakness.

 

Hanbin’s empire was a refuge for dangerous people, a place for the broken ones and a home for those who decided to replace their sadness with hatred. The elders used to say that ‘’the loneliest people are the kindest, the saddest people smile the brightest and the most damaged people are the wisest because they do not wish to see anyone one else suffer the way they do’’ but, the underground world proved it wrong. Here, everyone was seeking for revenge and none of them was going to stop until they have it.

 

The blood was pounding in my ears and the wind was hitting my face violently. I was rushing towards the place where everything started and the heels turned out to be my biggest enemy. Who would have thought that the size would be so inappropriate?

 

As soon as I arrived there, the crowd became quiet and this time, it wasn’t because of me. They were all encircling the same spot in the middle of the road, some of them were holding their phones in order to record everything meanwhile the others chose to capture the moment with their own eyes.

 

‘’Excuse me…’’ I repeatedly said until I managed to make a path and get in the first line. A few whispers behind my back and a bunch of annoying giggles made me realize that I wasn’t known as Haeun anymore but as Hanbin’s girl.

 

I sat there silently meanwhile a thousand of words leaped to my tongue. The way everyone looked at me made me feel uncomfortable and coy. Their judgmental eyes wouldn’t give me any break as they seemed to research even for the least important imperfection of my body. In a world where physical appearance came in the first place, I was an intruder as I never understood how can be beauty related to the doubled eyelids eyes, a well-defined nose, fair skin and other stupid standards.

 

Beauty has always been in the eye of the beholder. Beauty doesn’t have a skin color, a v line jaw or a certain nose. Beauty can be found only inside of us and it can't be covered by fancy make-up products or expensive line clothes. So, even if I was surrounded by girls who probably had a better physical appearance than me, they were all uglier because of their toxic interior which outshined everything else.  

 

Hanbin glanced at me with a very concerned look before Jiyong grabbed his collar and forced him closer. Their eyes flashed with irritation through a glare that nearly made me tremble. Jiyong’s face muscles tightened, eyes narrowed and fist clenched. The small curl in the corners of his lips displayed the scariest smirk I’ve ever seen.


When he angrily spat the words ‘’You will regret this.’’ into Hanbin’s face, I knew the things won't end up in a good way for any of them as for the first time, I could spot the seed of hatred into their eyes.

 

They were brothers. They weren't supposed to fight each other for the power... Things would be so different if they could only understand that they weren't born to be enemies but each other's strongest weapon.

 

 

‘’Ahhh! ‘’ A short but high pitch scream left my mouth when I saw Bobby’s body laying in a pool of blood just a few meters away from his motorcycle. My hands reflexively covered the mouth but, unfortunately, it was too late... Everyone was now staring at me just like I was some kind of weird creature.  Perhaps seeing bodies covered in blood from head to toe wasn’t such a big deal for them but, for me it was. I couldn’t stand seeing anyone like that and mostly not Bobby who turned out to be totally different from the notorious troublemaker feared by everyone in my school.

 

My brain couldn’t help but remember those times when he lightly laid his hand on my shoulder…When his soft voice wrapped me in a blanket of care and also when his bright smile betrayed his true personality for the first time.

 

I quickly moved my hand to right side of my dress.

 

‘’Damn it...’’ I mentally mocked myself for not having the phone anymore. I almost forgot how useless the backless d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter