变.

The Sins of Kim Hanbin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I looked in the mirror but no matter how intently I peered into it, squinted my eyes or even touched my face, I couldn't recognize myself. I stood there motionless, staring shocked at the sight of my own reflection. I was nothing but a weak girl who fell in love with the wrong guy. He played with me and then threw me away like I was nothing but one of his many toys. I was the fool to think that someone like me could tame the well-known troublemaker, Kim Hanbin. I was not even the brave-hearted heroine in this story, I was just his easiest prey. I unconsciously felt that my sensitivity and feelings made me look pathetic in front of everyone as their jokes, giggles and the rumors remained like an open wound on my brain. 

 

My lipstick was gone and the mascara was runny and smeared. I took a few wipes and started to rub my face until there was nothing left but red marks of anger and humiliation.

 

''I need a change.'' I told myself before I turned to a pair of scissors and grabbed my hair to cut it. 

 

I hesitated at first but not long after that, the strands of hair began to fall on the floor. I cut my hair short and messy but even so, I wasn't satisfied yet. I rushed to the bathroom and used a hair dye to change the color of it. An hour later I found myself staring in the mirror once again. This time I was facing a short haired blonde.

 

What I did next was to dry and straighten my hair. I picked up a small tube of lipstick from my mother's makeup tray. removed the lid and applied the deep red color evenly over my top and bottom lip. I slowly pressed my lips one against another for the final retouch when I suddenly heard someone knocking at the door.

 

''Haeun!'' Seunghoon snarled. ''I need to take a shower. I am going to that one night trip with Jihyun. You have been there for more than an hour and l...'' Seunghoon abruptly stopped in the middle of the sentence when I opened the door.

 

He gaped widely; his gaze zipping to my hair. He relapsed into silence for a few seconds as he stared at me open-mouthed. His brain formulated no thoughts other than to register how shocked he was. I have to admit that he looked funny. It was the first time seeing my brother like that and I fought hard not to giggle. He looked like a pop-eyed toy from one of those claw machines at the fun fair.

 

''I am coming on that trip too.'' I announced as I placed my hand on his shoulder.

 

He looked at my hand before he closed his mouth, lifted his chin and raised his eyebrow. His facial expression changed completely.

 

''It doesn't look that bad.'' He admitted in the most arrogant way.

 

My brother was not the type who would compliment people. His words would rather seek to point out the bad things in someone's appearance than the good ones.

 

The corner of my lips slightly curved upwards at the sound of his words. ''That is a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter