月.

The Sins of Kim Hanbin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

They say love isn't supposed to be painful or ugly but yet, falling in love with Hanbin was disemboweling my heart.

 

I was standing in front of the window as still as a statue, unable to take his last words out of my head. They continued to pulse in the back of my mind, cutting and hollowing everything within them. 

 

The tears that once flowed unchecked down my cheeks and dripped from my chin on the ground were now dry, leaving behind only traces of pain buried into my red tired eyes. Sometimes my hollowness is a shell, holding a thousand tears inside of it and sometimes a thousand pieces of glass, wedged in between my soul and body. 

 

I have always blocked my feelings in order to avoid ending up looking miserable in front of someone else and now, when I finally had the courage to open my heart up, I found myself falling and crashing alone into the cold hard ground as Hanbin wasn't there to catch me. He made me feel like the most pathetic girl. In fact, that's what I actually was. A stupid little girl who fell for the wrong guy. 

 

I wish I could throw all my feelings in the garbage because that's the place they belonged to, or bury them deep underground along with our sweet moments. But, unfortunately, the only thing that got buried three meters underground was my pride.

 

I felt disgusted because even after he treated me like s*it, my heart still craved only for him and his addictive touches.  I rested my head on the window's frame and closed my eyes, hoping that the memories will miraculously fade away once I open them again... But, my heart strongly opposed the idea of erasing him as that person was not someone I could easily forget.

 

The way I felt around him was magical. I wasn't falling in love only with him but also with the adrenaline that was running through my veins whenever he was around. He made me feel alive. He was my sin, the forbidden fruit that brought consequences because I couldn't resist tasting it.

 

 

The door bumped into the frames when Seunghoon burst in, displaying a disfigured face expression. 

 

''Haeun, are you alright?'' He desperately asked before he quickly crossed the room within a few steps. 

 

''Why are you acting like this?'' I confusedly wondered, peeking at his pale skin that glowed in the light. 

 

Seunghoon was clammy and there was the glisten of a cold sweat on his forehead. His eyes were as wide as if someone came to deliver a fatal blow. He placed his hands on my shoulders before he inched closer to my face and looked straight into my eyes.

 

''Someone broke into our house. All the cameras are covered with graffiti spray.'' He loudly informed me exactly when our stepfather passed the door. He stood there quietly, glaring at us for a few seconds before he angrily continued his way downstairs. He was probably going to check every single spot of the house just to be sure that his 'wealth' was still untouched.

 

Seunghoon's behavior changed once the sound of his steps faded away. His eyes became narrowed, rigid and cold, making me realize that those angry eyes were just the beginning. I had to admit that my brother could be an amazing actor as he totally fooled me when he played the overprotective- brother role in front of our stepfather.

 

''It was Hanbin, wasn't he?'' He angrily snapped before he roughly pushed me against the frame. His burning hard stare would last only as long as it took him to think of the most brutally cutting thing he could tear me down with.

 

''No?'' My voice trembled, making the answer sound like an actual question. 

 

When someone looks at you with eyes flooded with anger and scorn, it hurts. Mostly when that someone is apparently someone who should never look at you that way... Your sibling. 

 

Seunghoon raised his long finger in the air and pointed over the window at the footprints that deteriorated the muddy grass. 

 

''...''

 

''How could you let him in? He is dangerous Haeun.'' I drew a deep breath at the sound of his words. Our house wasn't the only place I let Hanbin in but my heart too. 

 

''Don't worry. I am no longer interested in being a part of his game.'' I nonchalantly lied. 

 

Seunghoon furrowed his eyebrows and let out a hopeless sigh ''If you say so.'' 

 

• • •

 

Despite my little lie, hours later I found my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter