Chapter 11

I Love You

All of the students’ were free to do anything, except for illegal doing. But, JunHyung and his two ‘good’ friends didn’t spend their time happily. They just loitered under a big tree and watched the other students walked here and there with their parents.

          “What do you think?”asked L’Joe. WooHyun looked at him then sighed. “I miss my mom and dad…” answered WooHyun, in a low tone of voice. L’Joe nodded. JunHyung just pretended he didn’t what were the two guys talking about, he just pouted. L’Joe stood up “I am going to the toilet,” then he walked away. The two didn’t say anything, they busy with their own feelings that time.

          While L’Joe was on the way to the toilet, he turned around as he heard a man’s voice called his name. He was surprised to see Mr.Yong. “Ahjusshi (means uncle-àNot related)”he paused, Mr.Yong didn’t say anything, he let L’Joe finished his line first. “JunHyung….invited you?” L’Joe continued, raising his eyebrows, showing that; he couldn’t believe about; JunHyung invited his father to come over? Mr.Yong shook his head as a sign of a ‘not’ “JunHyung didn’t invite me… I come here by myself…” he explained. L’Joe nodded his head “Ohh.” He replied short. “Where is JunHyung?” asked Mr.Yong, curiously. L’Joe was intending not to answer Mr.Yong’s question, honestly. But then he thought to himself once again; I have no right to restrict the relationship between Mr.Yong and his son. L’Joe looked at Mr.Yong, “He’s someone around there…” he pointed at the place where they loitered just now. A smile was hovered on Mr.Yong’s lips. “Thanks,” he added then left L’Joe.

          Mr.Yong kept walking here and there; looking for JunHyung, till, he heard his son’s voice, JunHyung wasn’t far for him, as he turned around, and he saw JunHyung was sitting right behind him. He immediately walked towards JunHyung then patted his shoulder. JunHyung who thought it was L’Joe immediately pushed his hand away. Then, he turned his head “L’Joe…..” he stopped as he saw his dad. He gasped then immediately stood up, so did WooHyun; he bowed at Mr.Yong then moved his head closer to JunHyung, “I go first” he whispered then walked away. JunHyung just ignored him, he was surprised to see his dad, he rubbed his eyes; thought that he was dreaming.

          “You….”He paused, his whole body was shaking all of sudden; he bit his lower lip; try to control himself.  “JunHyung,” Mr.Yong smiled at him and that made JunHyung’s eyes flooded with tears, he totally misses his father’s smile. “Why….are you here??” asked JunHyung, his voice was cracking; trying to hold his tears from rolling down; it was a shame for him to cry in front of the people. Mr.Yong moved his body closer to JunHyung then hugged him with full of love. “Do not keep it, son, just let it out, there is no such thing as boys can’t cry… and I admit it, this is all my fault, I realized it, what is a dad without a son like you” Mr.Yong confessed his feeling towards JunHyung. JunHyung took a deep breath then exhaled it in relief, his tears started to roll down his cheeks; he couldn’t control himself anymore, he let his problem out by crying. JunHyung hugged his dad, tightly, he felt like he didn’t want let go his hands. He couldn’t say anything other than just kept on sniffing.

“I love you”the three words made JunHyung’s heart melt; moreover, it came out of his own father’s mouth. He wiped his tears and forced himself to stop crying. “I love you, dad…” even though he felt awkward to say the ILY word to his father, but he meant it, he knelt down, his leg couldn’t support his body, no more, he cried once again, he was glad + sad.

          “I have never seen him like that…” said WooHyun; talking with L’Joe. The two of them watched JunHyung and his father from the toilet; not quite far from them. L’Joe looked at WooHyun.  “You’re right” said L’Joe, agreed with WooHyun. WooHyun patted L’Joe’s shoulder then walked towards JunHyung, L’Joe just followed WooHyun’s lead.

          “I saw a baby crying!” exclaimed L’Joe; trying to mock JunHyung. JunHyung wiped his tears quickly, “Ya! I was not!” he yelled at his friend. Mr.Yong just chuckled to see them ‘joke’ like that. WooHyun imitated how JunHyung acted when he cried just now. JunHyung hugged WooHyun from the back then patted his chest, roughly. They laughed.

______________________________________________________________________________

-Flashback (9 years ago) th birthday>

          “Appa!” shouted L’Joe, approached  his father from a distance; he ran towards his father. He was amazed to see many cars, slippers, sandals, shoes and whatsoever; in front of their house. He continued to walk inside, then immediately looked at his father who was standing next to him.

          “ByungHun-ah (L’Joe)…”Mr.Lee (L’Joe’s dad) hunkered then immediately hugged his son; all of sudden. L’Joe could hear his father; sniffing. “Appa, what’s wrong? Why these people are here?” asked L’Joe, curiously. Mr.Lee let go his hands from hugging L’Joe. “Ah! I know!” L’Joe paused, and he suddenly became excited. “You are celebrating my birthday, aren’t you?” he continued then quickly ran inside to get his mother.

          “Omma! Omma! Today is my birthday!” he ran…then he fell. He looked around, the people who gathered there stared at him, certain of them were crying. “Don’t go there…” said a woman to L’Joe, she patted L’Joe’s shoulder then pulled him. L’Joe pushed the woman. “It’s my birthday! And why the policemen are here, too?!” he yelled.

          “ByungHun-ah! Stop it! Your mom’s dead..”Mr.Lee yelled at L’Joe, L’Joe couldn’t say anything, he gasped, tears rolled down on his cheeks. He ran away.

-Flashback ended-

______________________________________________________________________________

“Omma!”shouted L’Joe who just woke up from his sleep. He couldn’t sleep soundly in the class. L’Joe panted,as if he was tired, but, he wasn’t. Everyone in the class stared at him. 

         “Are you okay?” asked JunHyung, worried about his friend. L’Joe stopped panted; he looked at JunHyung then immediately hugged him. WooHyun looked at both of them, everyone kept thinking; what happened?

As WooHyun heard L’Joe sniffed, he got it, he knew L’Joe was crying. He patted L’Joe’s shoulder, “L’Joe, maybe what I am thinking now same as what you think… be patient, friend.” Said WooHyun, try to persuade L’Joe. L’Joe let go his hands then covered his face with his both palms. “I miss her…” he added.