Chapter 7

I Love You

-Weekends-

“Boys!”approached L’Joe. The others looked at him. “Where are we going to loiter today?” asked L’Joe, putting his hand around one of his friends’ shoulder. JunHyung looked at him. “As usual….” He answered, short. The seven others just agreed with JunHyung. “I just wanna tell you guys that, today is not as usual… What I mean is the atmosphere.” Said L’Joe. “Why?” Asked HoWon, one of their ‘outsider’ gang. L’Joe smirked. “I’ll bring along my girlfriend!” He shouted, excitedly. “You have one, already?” Asked HyunMin, putting his arm around L’Joe’s shoulders then patted his chest. L’Joe nodded and smiled. “I warn you all, don’t tryna hit on her” L’Joe pointed at his friends one by one. JunHyung chuckled. “Gonna be 8 of us now…” Said WooHyun, he grinned. “You let me, ‘leader’, WooHyun?” L’Joe asked, his voice was cracking, avoiding himself from laughing-for no reason-. WooHyun smirked “Of course.” He answered, short. He took his helmet then stood up. “Let’s get going, guys” said WooHyun. The others just followed his lead then rode on their own motorcycle. L’Joe waved at them, “I’ll be there with my Boo~~” he shouted, he kept staring at his friends till they gone from his view.

          L’Joe took his phone then immediately called ChunJi. “ChunJi,I wanna take you out…” he said. “Ah...Okay...Where?” asked ChunJi, both of them were shy. “I’ll fetch you,” Said L’Joe, short. He bit his lips, waiting for ChunJi’s answer. “Sure, Love you.”  ChunJi ended the call as she felt totally shy. L’Joe didn’t really care about that, he used to it.

           As L’Joe turned his head to the left, he saw an old lady; he kept staring at her for no reason. Suddenly, she fell. L’Joe immediately ran towards her. “Hey, are you okay?” he tried to pick the lady up. “Ouch...My leg...It hurts,” she complained. L’Joe grabbed her hand then put her arm around his shoulders. “C’mon, I’ll help you up.” he said. L’Joe brought her then made she sit on a bench. A sweet smile hovered on the old lady’s lips. “Thanks, and sorry if it takes your time,” said the old lady then looked down. “No, it’s okay,” L’Joe smiled, then he his head, “Nice bracelet...” he added then grinned. It was a red bracelet with love shapes around it. The lady hid her hand and looked away. “Sorry if I make you feel uncomfortable..You live here?” asked L’Joe, politely. The lady just nodded. L’Joe looked at his wristwatch. “Oh! I am late!” he quickly ran towards his motorcycle, she looked at the old lady again then waved at her. He started the engine then rode away.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Appa!(means DAD in Korea)”ChunJi approached her dad, then pinched his dad’s shoulder. “What are you doing?” she added, then hugged her dad from the back. “I am reading newspaper, isn’t it obvious?” he turned his head then kissed ChunJi’s cheek. “Where are you going?” Mrs.Lee(ChunJi’s mom) interrupted. “Loitering with friends,,,” she answered, short. “What is wrong with girls nowadays?!” Mrs.Lee yelled at her daughter, “Mom! Don’t tell me that you never went loitering,” she yelled back at her mom. Mr.Lee just sighed. “Stop it, ladies….” Said her had. The two of them quiet.

          The bell rang. Someone called ChunJi out loud. ChunJi glanced at her mom then kissed her father’s cheek. “I’m going, my boyfriend has come to fetch me!” she souted so that her mom could hear. Mrs.Lee who heard that; glared at ChunJi. ChunJi ignored her then walked towards the front door, she opened it. “Hey…..” L’Joe approached ChunJi then gave her a kiss. ChunJi smiled, shyly. She grabbed L’Joe’s hand “Come on,” she added then sat on the motorcycle. L’Joe rode away.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

          As L’Joe reached at the place his friends gather, he looked left and right. “ChunJi-ah…” he covered his mouth with his palm then patted ChunJi’s shoulder. ChunJi raised her eyebrows. “I can’t believe what I saw…” he said then walked towards his gang. There were so many people gather there too; unknown people. “L’Joe-ah!” shouted ChunJi and followed him from the back. L’Joe just remained quiet. As he reached nearer, he could not hold himself from crying as he heard his friends’ voices kept saying “JunHyung-ah, wake up…” L’Joe pushed the people so he could see JunHyung’s condition. He made it, as he saw JunHyung, he knelt down then hugged JunHyung who was lying on the road. Luckily,  .. “Guys, don’t worry, he’s still breathing!” he shouted so that everyone could hear him. All of them felt relieve when they saw ambulance coming, nearer.