Chapter 13

I Love You

-Two weeks later-

L’Joe phone rang, and that made him awake from daydream. He rubbed his eyes and immediately answered the call.

          “Hello, L’Joe speaking.”He said, sounded pampered, he knew it was ChunJi who called him. “L’Joe, it’s me,ChunJi.” Answered ChunJi in a low tone of voice, she sounded sad. “Hey, what’s wrong?” asked L’Joe, became curious; he felt worried all of sudden; afraid that ChunJi was sick or whatever. “I want to meet you, at HwaRoGaIn…now..” ChunJi ended the call immediately; she didn’t want to hear any objection from L’Joe. “ChunJi-ah!” shouted L’Joe, no one answered him, and he immediately took his motocycle’s key then ran outside. He sat on his motorcycle then rode it to the casual dining bar (Hwa Ro Gain).

          Minutes passed, he ran in the bar. He turned his head left to right looking for ChunJi. He walked few steps onwards and he found her; sitting next to the window. He walked nearer then patted on ChunJi’s shoulder.

          “ChunJi-ah, what’s wrong with you?” asked L’Joe, curiously. “You cried?” he came again with his question as he realized ChunJi’s eyes and nose were red. ChunJi shook her head then looked at L’Joe. L’Joe sat in next to her; putting his arm around ChunJi’s shoulders then raised his eyebrows. “Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked again. ChunJi took a deep breath then exhaled. She wiped her tears then sighed. She looked at L’Joe for a second. “I wanna break up…” answered ChunJi, short then immediately took her bag and get out of the bar. L’Joe stayed quiet for a second; he was surprised to hear that. He closed his eyes hoping that he was dreaming. And when he opened his eyes once again, he sighed in frustration. He walked out of the bar and tryna catch for ChunJi.

          ChunJi wasn’t far from him. “ChunJi! Why!” he shouted in frustration. His eyes suddenly flooded with tears but he held himself from crying. “I love you! Why did you do this to me!!” L’Joe continued to shout alone, ChunJi ignored him and continued to walk further from L’Joe, tears rolled down on her cheeks.

______________________________________________________________________________

          “JunHyung!” approached WooHyun, patting JunHyung’s shoulder. JunHyung raised his eyebrows as a sign of what. “I just realized that L’Joe is not around again for today, do you know where he is?” asked WooHyun, he sounded worried; hoping that JunHyung knows the answer. “I have no idea” answered JunHyung. WooHyun sighed in frustration the pouted. “I’m worried you know? He has been absent for 3 days, it’s a pattern, and why he didn’t tell us?” WooHyun sighed once again, he sounded totally worried. JunHyung put his arm around WooHyun’s shoulder.

         “Don’t worry, he knows how to take care of himself.”Said JunHyung, then smirked; acted cool, but the fact was, he worried about L’Joe more than WooHyun did. WooHyun just nodded. “Yeah, you’re right, I shouldn’t be that worry…” said WooHyun.

         “WooHyun-honey!” SungYeol interrupted. WooHyun moved JunHyung’s hand away from him then immediately forgot about his friend when he heard SungYeol called him. “Yes?” he answered with a smile hovered on his lips; raised his eyebrows. SungYeol grabbed WooHyun’s hands then brought him outside the class. “What is it?” asked WooHyun, held SungYeol’s hand. SungYeol grinned; she looked very excited. “My parents….” She paused then bit her lower lip. “Yeah?” asked WooHyun, curiously. “They wanted to meet you, that’s it” SungYeol ended her talk with a giggle. WooHyun widened his eyes. “Ah! Really?” He forced himself to act excited, but the fact is it was a lame for him, he just don’t want to hurt SungYeol’s feeling. SungYeol nodded. “When?” asked WooHyun. “This evening…” answered SungYeol with a child voice. “I’ll be there,” answered WooHyun and that made SungYeol satisfied with him. The bell rang, showed that class has ended.

When comes to girl, WooHyun easily forget about his friends. Lame =. =

______________________________________________________________________________

          “L’Joe-ah!” Shoued JunHyung, he pressed the doorbell once again. There was noresponse. He tried to call L’Joe once again. But this time, someone opened the door, and it was L’Joe; he looked at JunHyung then raised his eyebrows.

         “What happened to you?” Asked JunHyung, sounded mad, but he was worried. L’Joe just shrugged and didn’t say anything. “How come you don’t know? Look, it is okay if you are not coming to school but at least you tell me or WooHyun!” JunHyung yelled at L’Joe. L’Joe smirked, he didn’t bother what JunHyung just said then he invited him to come in.

          JunHyung sat on a sofa; he glared at L’Joe; who still stay quiet. “Want some drink?” asked L’Joe. JunHyung sighed then looked at him again. “Ya, L’Joe, I am not your guest, I am you friend, Come on, just sit and talk.” Answered JunHyung then patted the sofa; offered L’Joe to sit next to him. L’Joe sighed then he did. “Okay, I tell you now….” Minutes passed, L’Joe ended their conversation with a fake smile hovered on his lips.

______________________________________________________________________________

          “You wait here, I call my parents…”said SungYeol, she left a kissed on WooHyun’s cheek before she ran upstairs to call her parents. WooHyun smiled then sat on a sofa in the living room.

         “Omma,Appa,” called SungYeol then knocked the door. “Yes?” answered Mr.Lee before he opened the door. “He’s here…” answered SungYeol, short. Her mom heard it, then immediately walked downstairs.

          As SungYeol’s parents reached the living room, WooHyun immediately stood up then bowed at them. “Have a seat,” offered Mr.Lee then smiled graciously at WooHyun. “Let’s us start with Q and A session” said Mr.Lee, he wanted to know more about WooHyun. WooHyun nodded to show that he agreed with that.

          “What’s your name? SungYeol never told us..” asked Mrs. Han (SungYeol’s mom), started the session, she glanced at SungYeol. SungYeol giggled. WooHyun looked at Mrs.Han then he paused, his eyes suddenly became wide then he paused for a second.

          “Hello?” approached Mrs.Han to stop WooHyun from staring at her like that. “Oh, sorry what did you asked?” Asked WooHyun then scratched his head. “Forget it,he is WooHyun,” SungYeol interrupted then sighed. “Oh,” replied Mrs.Han. “What do your parents do?” asked Mr.Lee, SungYeol looked at WooHyun; afraid that he acted Emo all of sudden, WooHyun was sensitive when comes to parents. WooHyun bit his lower lip. “My dad has died, and my mom….she’s still alive,” answered WooHyun, in a low tone of voice then he looked down. Mr.Lee and Mrs.Han looked at each other. “WooHyun, you said your mom is still alive, we wish to see her” said Mr.Lee, he looked worried. WooHyun changed his views to Mr.Lee then sighed. “You don’t need to, she’s here,” said WooHyun then changed his views again to Mrs.Han. “Omma,” he called. His eyes suddenly flooded with tears. Mrs.Han covered with his palm then looked at WooHyun. SungYeol and Mr.Lee looked at each other, they had no idea what happened.

          “Omma, don’t you recognize me? Nam WooHyun?” WooHyun stood up, he suddenly became Emo. SungYeol grabbed WooHyun’s hand. “Yeobeo (means honey)” said SungYeol, tried to stop him. Mr.Lee stood up then yelled at WooHyun. “Get out of this house!” he exclaimed. WooHyun didn’t bother bout him, he eyes were still focus on Mrs.Han. “Appa! Don’t say that!” SungYeol felt unsatisfied with his dad. “Mrs.Han, I know that bracelet was the last present you got from your son before he left you, you and your family were involved in a car accident 6 years ago… These reasons are adequate to prove that I am not lying, right? If you don’t want me to be here, it is okay, I just want you to know that I love you, mom…”
WooHyun ended his ‘story’ with tears rolling down on his cheeks. Then he walked out of the house.

          “What drama is this?” SungYeol whispered to herself, she stood up then followed WooHyun from the back and so did Mrs.Han. SungYeol patted his shoulder and made him stopped, he did but he didn’t turn around. “Is…Mrs.Ham Woo Young, your biological mom?” SungYeol voice was cracking all of sudden, she couldn’t believe what she heard in the living room, WooHyun didn’t give a respond. SungYeol moved her hand as she saw her mother standing beside her. Mrs.Han grabbed WooHyun’s hand, and that made him turned his body. Mrs.Han approached him with a smile hovered on her lips, she stared deep inside WooHyun’s eyes; he knew that WooHyun wasn’t lying.

         “WooHyun-ah,” called Mrs.Han with her weak voice, WooHyun’s heart melted as he heard his mom’s voice calling him. “I believe in you,son..” added Mrs.Han, WooHyun immediately hugged her, Mrs.Han cried.

          SungYeol covered with her palms then ran to her room, crying. Mr.Lee tried to stop her, but she just ignored him when he called her name. She pushed herself on her bed and cried. She took a picture of WooHyun in a frame on her small drawer and stared at it. “I …can’t believe that…You..Are..My step-brother…” SungYeol covered with her palm then shook her head then continued to cry.

        Minutes passed, suddenly someone knocked the door. SungYeol turned her head then immediately wiped her tears. “Come in…” she said, her eyes were still read and she kept on sniffing. It was WooHyun, SungYeol looked at him without giving out even a word. “Hey.” Approached WooHyun, he raised his left hand 90 degrees than wave at her. SungYeol looked down, she didn’t response. WooHyun pushed himself on the bed then lied beside SungYeol. “Come on, don’t be like this, I can’t believe that I am your brother too, but, sister, we can continue our relationship, we are not real sibling, you know that,” WooHyun SungYeol’s head then ran his fingers through her hair. SungYeol immediately hugged WooHyun.

          “I love you,” whispered SungYeol. WooHyun hugged her back. “I love you more,” said WooHyun then chuckled. SungYeol moved her head a lil bit further, and then looked at WooHyun. “Yeobeo, we can still be together till we got married, right?” asked SungYeol, she sounded worried. WooHyun shook his head, “No, we can be together till we die,” said WooHyun, they laughed for a non-funny joke. They quiet for a second. “SungYeol-ah,” he said then moved his head closer to SungYeol, then their lips met ~kiss~CHU

          Since that day, they live as a family; it was a relief for WooHyun because he didn’t have to think about money no more. Mr.Lee accepted WooHyun as a part of their family, but WooHyun and SungYeol still couldn’t accept the fact that they are siblings, for them, they are more than that.