Dodaeng | Doyeonjung

IOI / Weki Meki Choi Yoojung - One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Y   Jung?

 

“If it’s not the end, come run over to me”
“If it’s not the end, come run over to me”

“Gosh! This girl's voice is awesome!” Doyeon exclaims.

“Yes. Yeonjung is awesome!” Yoojung adds.

“Do you know her?”

“Of course. Sometimes the rap club has to work together with the school sing club.” Yoojung explains “And I have already had the pleasure to work with her.”

“Oh. Sometimes I forget that you are both in dance and school rap club.”

Yoojung grins brightly to her best friend.

Yoojung and Yeonjung are close friends and all the skinship between them is something new to Doyeon. Of course Yoojung is clingy to everyone however something about these two seems different. Maybe because this is the first time Doyeon sees Yoojung so close to someone who she does not know.

Yoojung decides to introduce Doyeon and Yeonjung. And after a few days, Yeonjung always stops by their table during the lunch and soon Doyeon and Yeonjung also become friends.

But the way Yeonjung and Yoojung are very affectionate still intrigues Doyeon. The taller girl is friend with Yeonjung but the girl does not treat her like she treats Yoojung.

But why that triggers her so much?

Is her smile? Or her bright personality? Can it be her cuteness? Maybe it is her mermaid voice which keeps Doyeon under some kind of spell. Doyeon does not know what it is, but she can tell for sure that Yeonjung is somehow different because aside from Yoojung, no one else ever made Doyeon feels so curious about their personality.

“Maybe you are in love.” Kyulkyung, one of Doyeon's friends, blutters out of blue, causing Doyeon to almost choke on her food. “Why are you so shocked? You keep on talking about her all the time.”

Maybe Kyulkyung is right. Maybe she is in love. But how can she be sure about her feelings? She has never felt the so-called ‘love’ before. How can she know how does it feel like?

***

School is now over for today. Yoojung and Doyeon are finally going home when the taller girl asks “Yoojung ah, have you ever been in love?”

This moment it is Yoojung's time to almost choke on her water. Doyeon being Doyeon, pats Yoojung back not in a very gentle way earning a death glare followed by a yell “AISH! You were supposed to help me, not kill me!”

“Sorry.” Doyeon says not really feeling sorry. “But you did not answer my question. Have you ever been in love?”

“Is it because of what Kyulkyung unnie said?”

Doyeon nods lightly before speaking “But the point is I do not know if I am really in love. What should I do?”

Yoojung thinks for a while. Of course she knows what is to be in love but it is too hard to explain to someone so dense like Doyeon.

“Well,” Yoojung thinks for a while then she continues “How do you know you like something?” Doyeon rolls her eyes because Yoojung's question is not a great help but she tries again “I mean, you like cheerleading, right?” A rhetorical question which earned a nod from Doyeon “How have you discovered that you liked cheerleading?”

“When I first saw it I became interested. So I searched more about it and I discovered that it was funny and that I was pretty good at it. Later when I entered in the club, it slowly became a passion without me noticing it. Now it is something I probably can not live without.”

Yoojung did not expect such a deep explanation about it. She is speechless. Doyeon looks into Yoojung's eyes and taller girl's face changes as if she has realized something “Oh my gosh! Yoojung, you are a genius!” An enquired look from Yoojung makes Doyeon to continue her monologue “In order to find out whether I am in love or not, I should try Yeonj- I am mean I should try dating Yeonjung.”

Yoojung is once more speechless. Does she just help Doyeon to realize the taller should date Yeonjung? Although Yoojung wants her best friend to figure out what she is feeling, the short girl does not want Doyeon to discover using this method.

***

The next day ~

“But Doyeon, this is not like cheerleading. There are feelings from different people involved. I mean, what if she does not like you?” Yoojung almost runs trying to reach Doyeon who is walking fast on the school corridor “Or worse, what if she likes you?”

Doyeon stops and turns around “How is this worse?”

Yoojung takes a break after letting such compromising words slipping out of “I mean, it would be worse because if she likes you and both of you get together, imagine how sad it would be if you discover that you do not like her as you thought? You might hurt her a lot!”

Doyeon thinks for a while “You are right. So you have to help me.”

If Yoojung is not willing to see Doyeon dating Yeonjung, not in a million years she could have imagined that she actually would have to help her best friend to get together to the cider vocalist.

She tries not to get involved in the story. It would hurt enough only to see them dating. Help them obviously would ache even more, however she knows that she would be the worst person ever if did not help her best friend. And this would definitely harm much more.

In the end, there is this ‘thing’ that she treasures the most called friendship. Moreover she has that motto “always think about the others first” so her best friend's happiness should be considered in first place.

***

Sure it is painful for Yoojung but the happiness displayed on Doyeon's face is enough for Yoojung to endure it.

At least for the first two months.

After that Yoojung tries to make herself busy by practicing dance and rap almost all her free time.

Meanwhile Doyeon missed her best friend.

Since Yeonjung and her started dating, the taller girl figured out that she barely was able to spend some time with her friend Yoojung. Four years with the short girl inseparable by her side no matter what situation they had to go through they were always by each other side; partner in crime as Doyeon liked to call them. She missed the short girl so badly.

So, Doyeon decides to make time to have the short girl's company. As soon as she spots Yoojung, she runs to the latter and wraps her arms around Yoojung's shoulder, giving her a side hug “Yoojung ah, what are you doing today?”

Yoojung looks up into Doyeon's dark brown eyes. She missed those eyes. She missed that voice. She missed those arms. She missed that smile. Even after all the time she tried to avoid Doyeon, it took only one smile for all her feelings to come back strong as ever.

But she knows Doyeon has someone else and she has to make an effort to leave behind that feeling for her best friend.

“I have to go to the dance practice.” Yoojung replies trying to disguise the sadness in her voice. The sadness not because she has to go to the dance practice, actually the sadness is because she feels guilty for having such feelings for her bestest friend even after all the time she tried to forget it. She breaks the eye contact and benta down to tie her shoe lace. Merely an excuse to break every contact that her body had with Doyeon’s.

“You have been practicing a lot lately.” Doyeon furrows her brow.

“We will have a competition soon.” Yoojung replies still tying her shoelace.

Gosh! Doyeon mentally face palms herself. How could she not know about that?

“Can I watch your practice?”

Yoojung stands up and glances at Doyeon after tying her shoelace. Doyeon grinned at Yoojung, causing the short one to sigh. How can she say ‘no’ to that smile of Doyeon? Impossible! “Fine! But you have to behave!”

Doyeon smiles even wider and follows Yoojung toward the practice room.

***

There is no deny; for Doyeon, Yoojung is for sure one of the best dancers she has ever seen!

The bad thing about that? It is not only Doyeon who thinks that way about Yoojung’s dance skills and for some reason this annoys Doyeon because every time Yoojung dances, fangirls come all over the short girl. Although Chungha is not there, the unfamous Dance Momochine - Momo - is also a popular member of the club, causing the number of fangirls to double.

The team is formed by seven members and they are practicing Abracadabra, a song from Brown Eyed Girls. No problem so far. The real problem started when Yoojung and Momo have a special stage. Thanks to Chungha’s sprained ankle, Yoojung had to replace her and as if thing are not bad enough, they decided to dance Troublemaker.

A dangerous combination; the cutest and smallest girl of the school dance club working with the one of the iest and baddass girl crush of school.

The worst is the fact that they have to practice tons of time. Well, 'worst' for Doyeon only.

If it is not bad enought watch the fangirls enjoying the dance practice, Doyeon also has to see Momo compliments Yoojung after every turn of practice and sometimes even hugs the small girl. Not to mention that particular movement that the two dancers have to be really close and almost kiss each other.

There are three obvious things happening this very moment; first: Yoojung’s expressions are so powerful that they are capable to let anyone breathless; two: Momo’s dance movements hypnotize whoever is watching her; three: Doyeon is breathless and hypnotized but as soon as she wakes up from her trance, she is sure she is not enjoying the show.

***

“So, what is going on between you and Momo sunbaenim?” Doyeon asks as soon as they exit the practice room. Yoojung quirks her eyebrow in doubt and Doyeon goes on “I mean, you guys were all cringe, complimenting each other after every rehearsal. Not to mention that look in your eyes as if you were deifying her.”

“She is my sunbae, her dance skills are amazing and I admire her.” Yoojung says casually, not aware of the meaning behind Doyeon’s words “I admire her as much as Chungha unnie.”

“So you guys are only friends?”

Yoojung then realizes what is hidden behind Doyeon's words and starts blushing “Oh my gawd, Doyeon!” She slaps Doyeon's arm “She is just my sunbae!”

“Why are you blushing then?” Doyeon asks in an accusation tone rather than curious tone.

Of course Yoojung notices it and teases the taller girl “Oh my! Kim Doyeon is jealous!”

“I am not jealous!” Doyeon rolls her eyes “I am just worried. This Momo girl is a player.”

“Just confess that you are jealous!”

“Why would I be jealous?”

Yoojung stops and looks into Doyeon's eyes and says in calm tone “Because you have feelings for me.” And even though Yoojung's voice is very calm while a playful grin shows up on her face, Doyeon feels something burning inside due to Yoojung's gaze. The short girl continues “You are in love with me as much as I am in love with -”

“Stop talking nonsense!” Doyeon cuts off Yoojung, shaking her head again and again in denial. She cannot bear to hear Yoojung’s tease. Maybe because deep inside, she knows that Yoojung may be a little right.

So she keeps on denying “I like Yeonjung and we are dating! Why would I like a dwarf like you?” But suddenly a realization crosses her mind. She did not let Yoojung finish her words, but she could finally understand the meaning of them. But what if she has heard wrong? What if it is only her subconscious mind doing a prank? To make sure, she decides to ask “Wait ~ you said you like me?”

Doyeon finally looks at Yoojung again and sees her watery eyes. She tries to apologize and reach Yoojung’s hand “Yoojung ah, I am sorry I did not mean to hurt you. I thought you were teasing me ~” but before she can reach Yoojung, the short girl snaps Doyeon's hand and ran away.

Doyeon starts running after Yoojung but she really does not know if it is worth it. Well, what will she do when she reaches Yoojung? As she has al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter