Dodaeng [2/3]

IOI / Weki Meki Choi Yoojung - One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Aperture [2/3]

They closed their eyes and they were about to lean in when someone knocked on the door “Yoojung, are you there?”

It was the receptionist. Yoojung stopped and replied, still with her eyes shut “Yes, I am.”

Doyeon also stopped. Both of them stood still, in the same position for a while, this time with open eyes, looking intensely at each other. Never letting go of each other's hands while their foreheads were still touching, whilst sent sparks all over their bodies, exchanging some kind of energy between them, something inexplicable and indescribable.

“Yoojung, there is a guy here looking for his fiancée. He said they are going to take some photos today.” The receptionist said behind the closed door.

That only could only mean one thing. The only couple that Yoojung was going to take photos was Doyeon and her fiancé. The next words said by the receptionist hit Yoojung's heart as sharp as knives “His name is Eunwoo. Cha Eunwoo.”

Doyeon’s eyes widened.

Cha Eunwoo, Doyeon’s fiancé, her future husband. The reason why everything felt so wrong. The person who Doyeon loved the most or at least that was how she used to think before she met Yoojung.

Although Doyeon and Yoojung did not do anything wrong - at least not yet - Yoojung knew that what they did was not right either.

Doyeon was frozen in her place since the time she heard her fiancé’s name so Yoojung took the first step. She gentle let go of Doyeon’s hand and stepped back. Doyeon stared at Yoojung, but the latter just gave a bitter smile.

Yoojung broke the eye contact with Doyeon and looked at the closed door. Even though the receptionist could not see, Yoojung replied, looking at her direction “I am going.”

No need to say it was just an excuse to avoid Doyeon's eyes. She could not face Doyeon by that moment. The pain was excruciating, it was hard to breathe, she felt like suffocating.

They heard steps going far away from the door. Yoojung regained her conscience, and after a while, she decided to head to the door.

Doyeon woke up from her breakdown when she saw Yoojung moving, so she grabbed Yoojung's wrist. Yoojung stopped, but she did not turn around. Her back was facing Doyeon, waiting for Doyeon to say something but the model just kept in silence. Yoojung sighed, still avoiding to face Doyeon “I have to go Doyeon. Your fiancé is waiting.”

Those words hurt Yoojung even more immediately after they came out from and Doyeon felt the same pain stabbing her heart. Not only because she was hurt, but because she hurt Yoojung, and she also could have hurt Eunwoo.

Doyeon did not have anything to say to Yoojung. She was confused, helpless. And after a while she just stood still, in silence and let go of Yoojung’s wrist. Yoojung did not turn around and the only thing she managed to say was “Doyeon, let us finish this photobook as quickly as possible.” and then the photographer exited her office, leaving Doyeon alone.

Doyeon felt nothing about herself but miserable, pitiful. What was she expecting? There was not even a single way of this 'thing' between Yoojung and she could end well. Why did it take so long for her to realise this?

***

During the photoshoot, Doyeon tried to behave like nothing had happened, but it was so obvious that something was wrong. Yoojung, on other hand, was so professional that no one could tell how she was really feeling.

Doyeon left the office and headed to the place where Yoojung was going take their photos. Doyeon and Eunwoo photos were taken first because Doyeon said she was not feeling well and needed to rest. Then Eunwoo's individual photos were taken.

Since that day, Doyeon did not show up. Nayoung was the one who took the photobook once it was complete. Yoojung felt relieved because, of course, see Doyeon would be tough and she did not feel prepared for that. The problem was she could not get Doyeon out of her mind.

She decided to travel abroad, to expand the company's business, an excuse that could work.

Kyulkyung did not like the idea of running the company without her partner, but she owed a favor to Yoojung, and that was what the smaller asked her.

On her last night in Korea, Yoojung decided to clean her house and rest, she was not in the mood to go party. “Yoojung, is your last day here! Let us go to the club!” Kyulkyung invited her whilst pouting, but Yoojung just declined the invite.

Yoojung knew the girls were going to Doyeon's bachelorette party but Yoojung did not want to see Doyeon. She knew it might hurt her too much and who could garantee if she would be able to control herself.

Yoojung finished cleaning her house when she noticed that Kyulkyung had forgotten her handbag. Yoojung thought that maybe Kyulkyung had forgotten her handbag, but had taken her wallet. In fact, Yoojung did not care. If it was important, the girl would come back because Yoojung was not going to take it to her.

She was about to turn on her TV and watch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter