Dodaeng | Chaedaeng [2/3]

IOI / Weki Meki Choi Yoojung - One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wish I could disappear - Part 2

 

“Do you want a ride?” She asked me with a sweet voice but I did not answer. In fact, I could not answer because I could barely breathe. She took my breath away!

 

She saw my silence and spoke again “I can lend you this umbrella if you prefer. I work in a cafe near here. The rain will not...”

 

“Let's go there.” I interrupted her. Those were the only words I managed to say. At least she smiled wider after my answer.

 

I did not know why she was being so nice with someone that she did not know. Of course, I would not borrow an umbrella of someone and let them without any while the rain was falling so hard. The best option for sure would be take a ride and wait into the cafe until the rain stops.

 

***

 

We arrived in the cafe where she worked. It was still closed, so she opened it. The other co-workers had not arrived yet, so there were only us.

 

“Sit for a while.” She said pointing to a chair and I just nodded. “Do you like chocolate?” She asked going to the kitchen.

 

“Yes, but I do not want anything~” I replied but it was useless, because seconds later she came from the kitchen and offered me a cup of hot chocolate.

 

I sighed and took my wallet “Thank you. How much is this?”

 

“This one is free for you!” She said and gave me a cute smile.

 

Gosh! She was not only pretty but also adorable!

 

She was being so nice to me. I could not help but smile back to her and that was when I saw that her face was red “Are you ok? Your face is red. You might have a fever. Let me check!”

 

I stood up and touched her forehead. She trembled a little and her face got even redder. Her forehead was hot, but it did not seem like she had a fever “I-I am ok.” She stuttered in a low voice avoiding looking me in the eyes.

 

It took me seconds to realize that she was embarrassed, probably because she did not know me but I suddenly touched her forehead. I stepped back and prayed that she did not misunderstand.

 

I thought about leaving the place, but I could not leave without pay something for her as a thanks for the ride “As you do not want me to pay for my drink, at least let me pay you a drink.” She stared at me and I smiled again “Which one would you like to have?”

 

She sighed (because this time she would have to give in), then she said “Strawberry latte ~”

 

I found it weird, but I took it inside the freezer and put it on the table. I sat on a chair and invited her to sit on the chair in front of mine.

 

We talked about a lot of different things. I was really enjoying her company but I had to go since she had to work “The rain almost stopped. I will go now.” I said.

 

She got up, took the umbrella and said “Take this! It is still raining.”

 

“Hey! No problem! My clothes are already wet. I can face this rain.” I said this because I did not want her to be wet too.

 

“Please, take this! I have another!” She insisted and pointed to another umbrella “You know where I work, so you can come here and give it back to me.”

 

This time I gave in “Ok! Thank you and sorry!” I said pointing to the cafe’s floor because it was wet due to the fact that my clothes soaked it.

 

“No problem!” She said and then she smiled “I hope I can see you again ~”

 

“Of course you will! I still have to bring your umbrella back!” I replied and smiled back.

 

I decided to go back to the school's dorm instead of go home. It was getting dark and the dorms were nearer.

 

***

 

About the party ~ I still remember every single detail of it...

 

Somi, one of my best friends, was the person who decided to throw a party for my nineteen (Korean age) birthday. Her house was near to the dorms (and her parents were not in town) so it was easier for everyone to go there.

 

I was looking around, searching for Doyeon when Chungha-eonni came closer, back hugged me and whispered in my ear “She is not here.”

 

“Who?” I turned around and asked her.

 

“Doyeon ~” she said and rolled her eyes.

 

***

 

I have to take a break from the main story and explain some stuff about Chungha-eonni. Why? I do not know. I feel that somehow she is a vital point not only in this story, but also in my life.

 

On December 4th of the first year of high school (two years ago), I threw a surprise birthday party to Doyeon.

 

During the party whilst everybody was having fun, I called Doyeon to a quiet place, and then I confessed my feelings to her. Although she said she did not like me back, I was stupid enough to keep my hopes high. I even said “Do not worry! I will wait until you like me back.”

 

Head over heels? Whipped? Lovesick?

 

I guess these expressions are not enough to describe how much of an idiot I was and of course Doyeon used it as an advantage.

 

Some days later, on Christmas, Somi introduced me to Chungha-eonni but we did not talk so much. We really became close to each other on the New Year Party. That day Doyeon was making with a girl (a different girl every time I glared), right in front of me and this made me feel like a piece of !

 

Chungha-eonni already knew I had confessed to Doyeon (people gossip a lot and I did not hide my feelings for her). She told me that I had to be more self-confident and love myself before loving anyone else.

 

And I follow her advice!

 

I started to ignore Doyeon during the party. Whenever she came closer to me (with a girl by her side), I moved away. She called me some times, but I stayed with my friends.

 

Unfortunately, I had to go the bathroom and all my friends were busy (Somi with Soyeon; Sohye and Mina together; Chungha-eonni with someone on the dance floor) so I went alone. As soon as I got in, someone pulled me inside a stall and locked the door.

 

“Why are you avoiding me?”

 

Guess who said this?

 

Yeah... Doyeon...

 

“I am not avoiding you. I am just having fun with my friends.” I replied whilst trying to get out of the stall, but she pinned me against the wall and trapped me with her arms.

 

“So do you not love me anymore?” Doyeon said and fixed her gaze in my eyes.

 

“You are smelling alcohol! Are you drunk? You are not even legal...” I started but she interrupted me.

 

“A girl dropped her drink on my clothes...” She looked at her clothes when she said that and then she looked at me again “Now answer me, do you not love me anymore?”

 

“You are always making out with a different girl every time I see you! And worst, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!” I yelled.

 

“Are you jealous?” She said and leaned her head closer to mine.

 

I gulped and averted my eyes from hers because of the sudden proximity “Doyeon, you know I like you, but you keep doing this on purpose...” But before I could finish, she lifted my chin with one of her hands and gently placed her lips on mine.

 

It lasted a matter of seconds before she pulled away, but it was enough for my hopes to go higher again.

She was going out of the stall when I grabbed her fist and asked “Why?”

She smirked to me and said “Because I wanted to!” Then she released her fist from my grip and walked out from the bathroom.

Of course I was very happy! I was smiling from ear to ear. All my friends were asking what happened but I only told Somi. Obviously all my friends would call me idiot for believing in Doyeon. But Somi did not! Instead, she called me imbecile...

And she was right!

Hours later, when we were going to the dorms, I saw Doyeon making out with another girl in a dark corner of the street...

Stupid me! How could I have been so blind?!

 

Reason 1 - Why is Chungha-eonni so important?

Well, thanks to her advice I was able to get a kiss from Doyeon ~ I am just kidding!

In fact, I learned a little about self-esteem.

 

***

 

On the second year of high school, my friends threw me a surprise party. Everyone was there. Even Doyeon!

Some of my friends did not like her, but we had some friends in common, like Sohye and Yeunjung. I guess one of them invited her...

By that time, Doyeon was dating a senior from our school called Haerim. One of unique girls Doyeon was really respectful!

I have to confess, I liked Haerim-eonni a lot! She did not mind that I was in love with Doyeon. She did not care about it at all. She always backhugged me, pinched my cheeks, called me cute... and she teased Doyeon a lot in front of me “Doyeon-ah! Yoodaeng is soooo cute! Why do not give her a chance?”

I have not talked to her ever since she finished the school and also ended her relationship with Doyeon! I still remember that Doyeon got out of control after the break up. She started to drink alcohol and make out with a lot of different girls (sometimes more than make out). She only settled down when Pinky appeared.

But let me speak about Kim Chungha!

On the second year of high school, my friends threw me a surprise party. Chungha-eon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter