Dodaeng | Chaedaeng [3/3]

IOI / Weki Meki Choi Yoojung - One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wish I could disappear - Part 3

 

Flying cars. Robots everywhere. No more cell phones, people can use a chip inside their brains to communicate. Oh ~ Maybe aliens and humans living together?

No ~ This ‘new world’ was as ‘boring’ as the other is terms of science and technology! Thank God or I would freak out living between aliens! (Sorry aliens out there ~)

But there were a lot of things different from the previous one. For example:

1) My hair. In the ‘real world’, it used to be long and brown. In the ‘new world’, it was short and red.

2) My age. In the ‘real world’, I was 19 years old. In the ‘new world’, I was 25 years old (according to Chungha-eonni).

3) Chungha-eonni. In the ‘real world’ she was my friend. In the ‘new world’ she was my manager (but also my friend).

4) My job. Actually, in the ‘real world’ I was just a jobless student in the last year of high school. In the ‘new world’ I was a rising star! (Okay… I was an actress in the beginning of the career).

5) My height. No ~ unfortunately it was still the same...

 

***

I changed my clothes, ate something and took a medicine because of my headache. Then I ate a bread and got into the car, sitting in the front sit. Before Chungha-eonni started driving, she gave me the script so I could read it during the way to the shooting studio. Weird but I could remember all my lines after reading the first one. So I decided to talk to her instead of reading the script.

“Chungha-eonni, how is my schedule this weekend?”

“After the drama shooting, you have a CF recording. Then you have a MV recording with that boy, Jimin.” She replied me and then went on “I already sent the schedule to you, take a look!”

“Jimin?” I asked her

“The guy from the drama ~” She sighed “Why are you pretending you do not remember him?”

I ignored her, because I could not remember this guy that she was talking about. How could I remember all my lines of that script, but I could not remember the person who I was working with?

“Are you not going to read the script?” Chungha-eonni fast glanced at me and then she got her attention back to the traffic.

“I already know my lines, eonni.”

I did not know why, but when it was only both of us, the Yoojung from this 'new world' always called her 'eonni'. And when there were other people with us, the 'new world's Yoojung called her manage-nim.

 

***

We arrived at the shooting studio and when I met the said 'Jimin', I recognized him. And by that moment my question was ‘how could I forget about him?’

“Yoojung ah!” He came closer to me as soon as he saw me and then he pinched my cheek.

“Hi, sunbaenim!” I bowed 90°.

“Hey! Stop pretending you are polite!” He said slightly punching my arm.

I stared at him and he stared back. We stayed quiet for a while and then we bursted into laughs. We did this pretty often and nobody could understand why (even now I do not know what was the meaning of that)!

We had similar beagle like personalities and since the beginning of the drama shooting, we got along pretty well. He even asked me to participate in his next MV. However, Chungha-eonni was not a big fan of the skinship we shared sometimes. She said people could misunderstand it mostly because of the drama, since I was part of a love triangle centered on him. But I was sure that he just could see me as his little sister, and for me, he was like an older brother.

Strange as it seems, but as soon as I saw Jimin I remembered a lot of things. Almost the same that happened to the script. When I read a passage of it, I remembered the whole part of the story that I had already read. Those actions were kind of triggers in my brain that activate my memories, telling me what I had already lived in this 'new world' ~

Jimin went to his dressing room and I turned my attention to another thing. That was when another ‘memory trigger’ was activated ~

I could not believe my eyes. Was that a trick? Was my mind playing a game with me? Was that even real?

 

The same pretty face ~

The same nice body ~

The same cute eyes ~

The same perfect smile ~

The same sensations ~

 

She looked at me and smiled. I melted but managed to smile back. Then she got into her dressing room.

Chungha-eonni was passing by my side and I asked her in a low voice so nobody would hear me “Eonni, am I dreaming?”

She gave me an intrigued look, furrowing her brows and then she decided to hardly pinch my arm out of nowhere.

“Ouch!” I shouted rubbing the place she pinched. Thanks god nobody noticed.

“I guess you are not dreaming ~” She smirked and went away.

 

***

I was staring at my feet when Jimin came closer to me. He lifted up my chin and wiped the tears falling on my cheeks. Then he leaned in slowly and captured my lips for a couple of seconds. That is when she came in the room after watching the whole thing.

“And cut!” The director cried “This scene was amazing!”

We were shooting the last episode of the drama, but some scenes would be recorded only in the following week. The director said that the last scene would shock the Korea and he did not want the viewers to have spoilers.

“You were incredible, Jimin!” The director complimented him “Yoodaeng, I am pretty sure you are going to be one of the biggest actresses of this world! You always surprise me ~” I thanked him and he started talking to the third person involved in the scene “Oh Lord! I have no words to describe your talent! I was really immersed. And what about that last part? Man! I really believed you were in love with Jimin! How do you do this, Chae?

Yeah ~ Pretty face. Nice body. Cute eyes. Perfect smile. Obviously I was talking about Chae! She was the other person inside the love triangle of the drama. We both were fighting for Jimin’s love. At least, it was what it seemed to be.

By that moment I was not really paying attention in anything but her. I could not help but admire her features. No doubt she was a Goddess!

 

***

After recording the MV with Jimin, Chungha-eonni said that I had the following day off, so I asked her to leave me by the center of the city to buy something. In fact I was trying to recovery my memories by looking around, but she did not need to know that.

Some memories popped in my mind. I recognized that place, the malls, and some salesperson. But nothing really special. Some people even asked me for autographs and photos, which I gladly gave them.

A few minutes later, it started raining so I decided to take a bus and go back home. It was almost 7pm and the sky was really dark and cloudy.

There was a girl waiting for the traffic light to turn green. I stood beside her and shared my umbrella. It felt like a déjà vu and when she turned to me, I knew I already lived a moment pretty similar before.

“Oh! Chae-sunbaenim!” I was going to bow, but since it was raining and we were under the same umbrella, that did not seem to be a good idea.

She seemed to notice my hesitation, so she smiled and asked “How are you, Yoojung-ssi.”

“I am fine and you, sunbaenim?” Call her sunbae was something automatic for the Yoojung from the 'new world'.

“I am fine too.”

“You should not get caught in the rain, sunbaenim!” I pouted and she just smiled. And that smile was enough for my heart to start racing and my mind become dizzy.

“The traffic light is green. Let us cross the street.” We started crossing the street and she asked me “Where do you live?”

“At Street Five.”

“Your house is far from here!” She said surprised.

“I was going to the bus stop.” I replied trying to hold the umbrella as higher as I could (because, like in the 'real world', she was taller than me). “What about you sunbaenim? Where do you live?”

She giggled because of my effort to hold the umbrella. “Let me do this to you.” She replied. Our hands touched for a matter of seconds when she took the umbrella from me, and yet I felt a heat rushed on my cheeks. “I-I live near here~” She stuttered a little while answering.

“I can share my umbrella with you~” I said and my voice was lower than I wanted to, but it was enough for her to hear it.

“Great!” She said and smiled wider.

 

***

We arrived at her apartment building. It was well located. Only six floors. Two apartments per floor. Quiet. It seemed like a nice place to live. She told me there were a lot of famous people living there too such as actors and models, so it was not a problem for her to live there.

As soon as we got there, she said “Thanks for accompanying me.”

“You are welcome!” I smiled and took my phone to call Chungha-eonni. Maybe she could pick me there.

“Will you not come with me?” Chae asked me pointing to the elevator.

“No, thank you sunbaenim. I will call my manager-nim to pick me here.”

“No way, Yoojung-ssi! I do not want one of my co-workers getting sick!” She pouted and I could feel my heart racing again. Even though I did not really know her for very long (neither in the 'real world', neither in this 'new world'), how could she have so much effect on me?

“I really should go” I tried my best to decline her invite “my manager-nim will be mad at me.”

I do not know why I was so stupid! Why was I declining her invite? Gosh! Obviously Chungha-eonni would not be mad because of this! If there was something alike between the 'new world' and the 'real world' this thing was Chungha-eonni (and my height)! Her personality was almost the same!

“Ah-choo!” I snoozed.

“See??” She grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me inside the elevator.

How could this girl be so perfect? I mean, not only her face and her body, but her personality was awesome too! She was beautiful inside and out!

 

***

“Do you want hot chocolate?” Another déjà vu~ This time I simply nodded and she continued “You should take a shower to warm your body first~”

“What about you, sunbaenim? You will get sick~” I started but she interrupted me.

“Do not worry! There is another shower here.” She smiled to reassure me. “I will get you some dry clothes, but first let me show you where you can shower.”

She showed me the bathroom and gave me some towels. She also showed me where the shampoo and the soap were.

When I finished the shower, I realized that there were not clothes for me to wear yet. I decided to wait a few minutes, maybe Chae was going to bring them to me.

But she did not.

I wrapped a towel around my body and another around my head. I exited the bathroom and started looking for her. And I found her ~

She was on her bedroom, I was going to knock but the door was already open and the sight got me totally off guard! She was wearing a towel around her body and another around her head. Exactly like me. But she was standing beside her bed, with one leg above it while applying moisturizer cream on her calf.

This image is still in my mind! I still can feel chills just remembering it!

“Oh! Yoojung-ssi ~” She said waking me up from my trance.

“Oh ~ S-Sorry sunbaenim.” I bowed in apologize for interrupting her moment and then I went on “I do not have... clothes to wear ~”

“Sorry! I forgot to take the clothes for you!” She took an oversized t-shirt and shorts. Then she came closer to me and I kept wishing that she could slip on something and maybe fall over me, like those cliché dramas.

But she did not ~

She lent me some clothes and I muttered “Thank you, sunbaenim.” I turned around going to the bathroom, but she softly grabbed my wrist.

~ Chills?

~ Sparks?

~ Shivers?

~ Butterflies in the stomach?

I swear to god that there are no words to describe the sensation provided by her touch, but I managed to turn around and face her “Here! Use these slippers.” She said pointing to the slippers, still holding my wrist.

Then she intensely looked in my eyes and it seemed like she was trying to read my mind; trying to reach out my soul; trying to see my true colors. But why? Why was she looking at me like that so suddenly?

We stayed in silence for a while looking at each other's eyes. Meanwhile, our bodies were exchanging some sort of warm energy, only because her hand was touching my wrist and in a matter of seconds, all the room was filled with this energy. She bit her lower lip and that probably meant that she was feeling the same as me.

But that atmosphere was too heavy for me to handle it. I could not even breathe so I decided to break our connection “Thank you, sunbaenim.”

Yes! I was a coward! Even in the 'new world', Yoojung was coward as hell!

She released my wrist and smiled, but for some reason, I could see that her smile was not as bright as the previous ~

 

***

After I had accoutred her clothes, I went to the living room where Chae was sat on the couch. She stared at me for a few seconds and I started to feel shy, so I looked away avoiding her eyes.

“You look cute wearing my clothes ~” She said that and I could tell that she was shy too because of the way she scratched the back of her neck.

“Thank you, sunbaenim ~”

“You know what? Let us drop the formality. What do you think Yoojung-ssi?”

“Oh... Sure. You can call me ~”

“Yoojungie? Yoodaeng? Maybe Yoodong?” She interrupted me and smiled.

I smiled back and replied “Anything you want is fine for me, sunbae.”

“Oh... So this is how you are going to drop the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter