Dodaeng

IOI / Weki Meki Choi Yoojung - One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Incomplete

 

Doyeon always thought about Yoojung as a cute girl with chubby cheeks and a 'need to be protected’ face. But besides that, the girl had some sort of charm that could make everyone – boys, girls, students, teachers, an acquaintance passing by – love her.

The first time they met, they were in middle school. Yoojung used to be a clumsy girl and one day she was carrying a lot of books which made her bump into Doyeon. Yoojung said sorry with those puppy eyes that turned into crescent moons as she smile. Doyeon felt her heart skip a beat by the sight of that cute girl, but she shook it off and helped the girl to pick the books up. Now, Doyeon wonders herself what could have been different if she had decided to follow her heart.

Ever since that day, Doyeon kept admiring the cute girl secretly. Not in a stalker way, but in an innocent and in a Doyeon’s way.

The middle school was over and they barely interacted. Thinking about it, all the interactions were 'accidentally' caused by Doyeon's friends and Doyeon still can remember all the situations involving the other girl.

Even the simplest as the day they were in the line of the school canteen and Yoojung was in front of her. Doyeon always denied, but Doyeon's friends knew how much she in love she was with Yoojung, so they decided to push Doyeon against her. Yoojung turned around and that was THE opportunity for Doyeon to talk to her, but all Doyeon managed to say – maybe murmurs suits better – was “Sorry...”

Not that she was good with words from the beginning, but she could at least try, right? Mainly because Yoojung's response for the hustle was better than Doyeon thought “No problem! Are you ok?”

Yoojung was worried about her, even though it was Doyeon – read, Doyeon’s friends that pushed Doyeon – who bumped against Yoojung. Doyeon tremble by such cuteness and her heart started to beat hectic. All she managed to say stammering was “I-I am fine ~” Yoojung smiled wide and turned her attention back to her friends.

Another situation that Doyeon remembers, happened during the middle school graduation day. A lot of people signing everyone's yearbook. Doyeon's friends asked Yoojung to sign Doyeon’s yearbook. Yoojung signed it, smiled and asked Doyeon to sign hers. Doyeon knew that Yoojung was just being polite, but it did not prevent her heart from racing as a fast train.

The high school... Although it started better than expected, it turned into not a very pleasant memory for Doyeon. At least not in terms of love.

Doyeon thought would never see Yoojung again but just her luck, Yoojung was in the same high-school that Doyeon. Same school but different classes again. However, because Doyeon signed Yoojung's yearbook, Yoojung remembered her and every time they saw each other, Yoojung would smile to Doyeon as a greeting. And every time Yoojung did that, Doyeon's heart would try to come out from her chest while Doyeon would try to keep it cool and just smile back.

Yoojung joined the drama club and became popular as hell. Not that she was not popular before, but she reached another level. Even people from other schools came to watch the school's play only because of Yoojung. She was like a rising star even though she was still in first year of high-school.

It did not matter how much attention Yoojung was gaining, every time she saw Doyeon passing by the corridors of the school, in the bathroom or anywhere else, she always greeted Doyeon with a smile. “Maybe she likes you...” One of Doyeon's friend said when she saw Yoojung smiling to Doyeon and after that, all Doyeon could think was 'Maybe she likes me!’

However, nothing would be so easy, right? Life is not that easy! Right when Doyeon thought about confess her feeling in a letter, Yoojung started to date Eunha. A girl as cute as Yoojung. Another of Doyeon’s friends told Doyeon “Maybe you are not her type.” And all Doyeon could feel was a pain in her chest.

Yoojung’s relationship did not last too much. After two weeks she was single again and once more, Doyeon’s hope was high. Again she could see the bright smile on Yoojung’s face whenever they saw each other. Not that Yoojung stopped smiling to Doyeon whilst dating Eunha, but something felt different by that time. At least that is what Doyeon thought.

“Maybe she figured out that she likes you!” Some of Doyeon’s friends said.

Weirdly, Eunha and Yoojung stayed as friends after the end of their relationship. One month after the break up with Eunha, Yoojung started to date a boy called Jungkook.

‘Maybe she did not like girls from the beginning.’ Doyeon used to tell herself whenever she saw Yoojung and Junkook together. That sight always made her feel a sting in her heart. However, to Doyeon’s surprise, this relationship lasted one month, but everyone could see the love in Jungkook’s eyes. Even after he broke up with Yoojung.

Doyeon could not understand why their relationship would end. Yoojung seemed to be the perfect girlfriend whilst Jungkook seemed to be so in love with Yoojung. They looked very cute together. Actually, Yoojung and Eunha also looked cute.

Two months later, Yoojung started to date a girl called Tzuyu. The third relationship in less than six months. Doyeon could feel empty spaces filling her up with holes.

“Maybe she is a player.” One of Doyeon’s friends said. Doyeon thought about it and maybe her friend was right for the first time. People seemed so in love with her. Why would they break up with her? ‘Maybe she is a player.’ Doyeon talked to herself.

“No, she is not a player!” Jungkook came closer to Doyeon’s friends who were talking about Yoojung “She is a kind person and one of most pure human being in this lame world.”

“If she is as pure as you say, why would she date three different people in less than six month?” One of Doyeon’s friends asked.

“Eunha asked to date her but Eunha was way too jealous. She decided to break up after two weeks because she could not handle Yoojung ‘s popularity in the drama club.”

“What about you, Jungkook?” Doyeon stared at her friend for making such impolite question, but in fact Doyeon wanted to know the reason for their broke up too.

“She did not love me as much I loved her.” Jungkook sighed, defeated. “Do not get me wrong. She was a perfect girlfriend. The problem was I loved her ~ I mean, I love her too much but she is not able to love me in the same level. At least not for now.”

The relationship between Yoojung and Tzuyu lasted two months and they only broke up because Tzuyu had to go back to Taiwan. Yoojung did not date anybody after Tzuyu. Not in that year.

Doyeon finally decided to confess her love for Yoojung in the last day of the first year of high school. She wrote a love letter and she was going to put it inside Yoojung’s locker, but someone interrupted her “Hi!” When Doyeon turned around she saw Yoojung gre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter