Suldaeng

IOI / Weki Meki Choi Yoojung - One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Signal

 

Chungha was a waitress in a coffee shop. She had to work a lot to keep up her not-so-easy-life while trying to make her dreams come true.

One day, her boss gave her the chance to sing. It was the first step to achieve her goals.

What people were not expecting was Chungha to be an awesome singer as well.

She got everyone surprised when she started singing a ballad song. Everybody in the coffee shop stopped for a moment only to listen her soft voice.

 

[Until when will I be left here alone?]

[Another day passes and I fall asleep]

 

It was pleasant to listen to her voice.

 

[I open my eyes

But the lights are still off in my room]
 

What Chungha was not really expecting was to fall in love.

Whenever she started her performances, newer and even some older costumers would take a brief break on whatever they were doing to admire her vocal colors, and after a few seconds they would finally break the trance and resume what they were doing before. Also they never forgot to clap after her performances.

One day, during her performances she noticed a cute small girl with some books and a laptop on the table. Chungha could tell by looking at the girl's face that she was struggling to understand something.

 

Cute.

 

When one of the waitresses handed the girl a glass of green tea, the cutie gave the brightest smile in the universe to the waitress, rising the level of her cuteness to the top.

Chungha almost did not hit the high note because of the smile of the cute girl. Thanks God only a few people noticed that.

"Are you ok?" Her boss asked when Chungha finished her performance.

"Yes, I think I just need to take a break for a few minutes."

She took a break but the image of that girl smiling never left her thoughts.

 

***

The following day, while she was getting ready to sing she saw the same girl again. Again a waitress came and handed her a green tea. Again that precious smile of hers.

Even though Chungha's heart skipped a beat, at least this time she was not singing yet.

The cute girl turned her attention back to her books. Chungha thought she was finally going to get the girl's attention, but no. Before Chungha started singing, the girl put a headphone on and just to Chungha's disappointment she did not get the girl's attention how she planned.

What Chungha was not planning though was the girl to be still there when the coffee shop was almost closing.

Chungha swallow and cleared whilst trying to gather all the courage she had to talk to the girl for the first time. Before Chungha could reach her table, the girl was already picking her stuff. However something really caught Chungha's attention. When the girl took her headphone off, Chungha noticed it was not plugged anywhere.

 

The headphones were not plugged still my music did not reach her ~

 

One of her book fell on the floor and Chungha was close enough to catch it and hand it back to her. The girl took the book from Chungha's hand and smiled.

A smile strong enough to make Chungha lose her composed self.

 

Say something Chungha!

 

.

 

Silence ~

 

.

 

At least smile back Chungha!

 

.

 

Blank expression ~

 

.

 

OhMahGod! Breathe Chungha ~

 

.

 

The girl passed through the door and exited the coffee shop. That was the moment Chungha could finally manage to breathe again.

She would never imagine a smile could almost be the reason for her death.

 

***

 

Something started to bother Chungha. The girl was not listening to music since her headphone was unplugged still the girl did not bother to look at Chungha’s when the latter was singing.

The next day, Chungha prepared the best performance she could. She decided to sing her feelings; because that was ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter