We'd Like to say hi Once Again

Can we get an Order of you?

“Come on,” Joshua said with a tiny laugh, “if you two don’t hurry the water will come in and ruin our sandcastle.”

“We’re coming,” he whined. “Don’t know how you’re so excited in this weather Shua.”

“LA,” he answered back, he lifted his tiny hand to cover the sun, “I love the beaches. Come on you two.”

A hand latched onto his. “We’re right here.”

Joshua woke up, startled by his alarm screeching in his ears. His heart thumped hard in his chest, as if it could burst out from within. Joshua put his hand over his heart, breathing in and out to calm himself.

What sort of dream was that? It felt oddly real. Too real to be just a dream. Maybe it wasn’t a dream but a memory. There was a lot Joshua had forgotten from his baby years. Especially the ones where he spent summers in Korea. It all happened such a long time ago.

Maybe the twins were a part of the summers he spent here…


“Hi,” Jeonghan said, a sweet smile on his face. “We missed you the days you weren’t here.”

Jeongsu nodded. “It was disheartening to not see your lovely smile every day.”

Joshua should have really learned how to take compliments so now he wouldn’t be feeling his face get hot, a blush rising quickly. “What can I get for you two today? And before you say anything I’m not on the menu.”

The two of them pouted, their lips turning down, their eyes going sad.

Joshua hated that. Their eyes reminded him of puppies who knew they had done something wrong yet still had the nerve to look like you had been the one to ruin their fun. It was irritatingly cute and made his heart feel things. But no. He had to be stern. Or else he’d be dragged into their little thing and he’d be a goner.

He wasn’t brave enough to deal with the onslaught of gossip, the stares, and the whispers, good or bad, that would come with dating the Yoon twins. They would bring more trouble than they were worth.

Jeonghan nodded. “It’s ok. We can wait. We don’t want to push you too much. We get that its overwhelming.”

“The idea of being together with the both of us,” Jeongsu said, picking up where Jeonghan left off.

Were they changing their tactics? Did they understand that Joshua was apprehensive? Good. But better to now show that he was going soft. It would be just better to not get together with them.

“I see,” Joshua replied back softly. “Still doesn’t tell me what you two would like to order though,” he added wryly.

“Today’s special,” Jeongsu said.

“And a smile if you can spare it,” Jeonghan threw in.

Joshua sighed, feeling the blood rush to his face again. He spoke too soon.