Elusive Darling

Can we get an Order of you?

Jeonghan growled, nearly slamming his tray down on the table. Jeongsu mirrored him, except he was more collected, his face a thin veneer of controlled anger.

“What’s gotten into your ?” Seungkwan asked, eyeing them lightly.

“Haven’t you heard,” Seokmin said, nearly splattering Seungkwan with his own tray of food in his haste to sit down, “they took someone into a VIP room at the club and that person left, without them.”

“Really?” Seungkwan’s eyebrows rose high. “Someone actually left you two high and dry? The great Yoon twins?”

They would’ve taken that as sympathy if they hadn’t heard the way Seungkwan drawled out their last name.

“That’s not why we’re angry,” Jeonghan said quietly, stabbing his fork forcefully into his plate. They could never be angry at Joshua.

Jeongsu delicately took a spoonful of soup, the steady hand betraying his concealed anger. He was never this formal with his eating.

“Why?” Jun asked, sliding into the chair next to Jeongsu, having heard the last bits as he got close.

They kept mum, their eyes going towards the other end of the cafeteria. Their eyes caught Joshua laughing. And the interloper was regaling his story, his arm wide, spread out to his friends, a stupid happy grin on his face with his captivated audience. It made Jeonghan growl. Jeongsu’s eyes narrowed, his hand clenching on his spoon.

Wonwoo smirked, as he sat down and took the meat dangling off of Jun’s chopsticks. In between bites, he said, “They tried to get that guy over there to join them for lunch but Johnny grabbed him and took him away. They’re pissed.”

Eyes went to the table in question. Some of them groaned, the table was a bit too far for their eyes to make out who Wonwoo was pointing to. And others groaned as Joshua turned away, showing them nothing but the back of his head.

“Who is he?” Seungkwan strained his eyes.

“None of your business,” Jeongsu mumbled. Screw using Seungkwan for information. At this point they could get close to Joshua by themselves.

“No use hiding him,” Jun pointed out, “we’ll find out about him eventually.”

“Until then,” Jeonghan started, “he’s none of your concern.”


“Hey,” Jeonghan said, coming up from behind Joshua, oddly reminiscent from the first time they boxed him in.

“We missed you earlier,” Jeongsu added, coming up from the other side.

Bashfully, in an act really, Joshua lowered his head, letting his lashes fall. He remembered the advice from his drama major friend about playing coquettish. “I was just a bit busy.” Quietly, as he bit his lip and looked up at them, his eyes soft, “Johnny doesn’t know when to stop and it’s hard to get him to once he starts.” He toyed with the cuff of Jeonghan’s sweatshirt, smiling as he felt Jeonghan’s arms get a bit tighter around him. The flirting was working. “I wouldn’t have minded eating lunch with the two of you.” Joshua grinned at them, eyes sparkling. “There’s so many things we haven’t talked about yet.” He felt their eyes on him as his tongue darted out to wet his lips.

“Later?” Jeongsu lifted Joshua’s chin, fingers lightly grazing his jawline, eyes soft and full of wanting.

“Dinner?” Jeonghan continued. “A nice place. Private. Just the three of us.”

“Joshua!”

The twins groaned. Interrupted again. What the .

Joshua gave them an apologetic look, moving out from Jeonghan’s protective hold. Moving over to the person who called him, they talked.

A frown made its way across Joshua’s beautiful face. But he nodded.

Walking back to them, Joshua shook his head. “I’m sorry. No dinner tonight I’m afraid. Friends you know,” he said with a shrug. He smiled. “Rain check?”