Till next time

Unforeseen Harmony

 

NARRATOR

 

“Okay, I get it, giant! Now let me go!”

Luhan’s lips tugged into an annoyed pout, his brows knitted together. Kris let go of his wrist and scoffed. “I want it by tomorrow morning, deerhan. And don’t forget to send the invites to your father. And the business proposal—”

Luhan nodded his head vigorously. He hated how Kris was keeping him from exiting the room. Tao chuckled at the corner, gobbling down a pack of chips. “Why are you in a hurry, anyway, ge?” He mumbled, his fingers carelessly. Xiumin shuddered at the sight and looked away. “Gross.”

Lay rolled his eyes. “To go to his studio. He’s always itching to go there.”

They snickered at what Lay said. Chen snorted, pointing an accusing finger at Luhan’s direction. “If I know, he meets his secret girlfriend there! Right! You sly lulu~~” He wiggled his brows teasingly.

Luhan groaned, completely irked. “I don’t have a girlfriend!”

“Yeah right. Say what you want to say… but, hey! I never thought you'd get one before me. I mean, hey I'm the baozi! Obviously cuter!” Xiumin sang.

Tao stuck his tongue out. “Well, girls want the bad-boy facade.” He huffed, pointing to himself. Lay in his breath. Whoa guys, we all know girls like suave men like me.

Or innocent looking ones.” Chen proudly stated. Kris just sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Obviously no girl would like a grumpy old giant for a boyfriend.” Xiumin and Tao hi-fived each other, but stopping abruptly when Kris' glare directed to them. “Hehehe, that was a joke, duizhang~

Luhan ignored his friends’ remarks and smiled hastily. He walked out, waving his hand on the way. “See you when I see you, guys!” With that the sliding doors shut.

His friends could only chuckle.

 

Nara hugged her brother tight. Jaejoong chuckled and circles on her back. “There’s a catch to this hug, Kim Nara. What is it?”

She let out a soft giggle, burying her head on her brother’s chest. “What? I just feel like hugging you, my hnadsome, smart, chick-magnet, hot brother~” Jaejoong raised his brow. “You know you can’t fool me, you brat.”

“Well...” She smiled cheekily, pulling away. Jaejoong crossed his arms, sending her a pointed look. Nara flinched, looking down her toes. “Well… Dad wants me to check the Gangnam branch… but… I can’t.”

Jaejoong instantly understood. He smiled knowingly and ruffled her hair. “Okay, kiddo. I get it. Go on, it’s getting dark.”

Nara picked up her shopping bags and kissed his cheek. “I’ll be going now. Bye, Oppa, thank you so much~”

“Bye sis. Take care.”

“You too! Don’t stress yourself too much!” She hollered.

 

A sleek black jaguar and a red Maserati pulled over side by side at the same time on the building’s parking lot. The two drivers were too busy to notice.

“Sheesh!” Nara cursed, her shopping bags toppling over the cement. Her forehead creased, she was on a hurry. Immediately, a pair of strong lean arms picked her purchases. He looked up with a bright smile.

“Here.” Luhan beamed politely.

Nara smiled back, touched on how the boy in front of her helped. It was rare for gentlemen to exist, after all. “T…Thank you.”

“Sure.” He had crooked smile that was surely adorable. Nara bit her lip and strutted hesitantly towards the elevator.

“I’ll go now, b…bye. Thanks again.”

“Bye.”

 Luhan smiled as the doors closed.

“Awwe, geez!” He flicked his forehead. *Why didn’t I just ride with her? I can't miss it tonight!* He began stomping his foot, waiting for one of the three elevators to open. When one beeped open, he dashed inside like there's no tomorrow.

When Luhan arrived at his studio, he walked straight to the balcony. And there, a smile tugged on his lips. She was already singing her first verse.

Luhan looked out the view. Somehow he grew curious what the owner of the voice looked like. He wanted so bad to see her, but yet, he was just a mere listener. He let out a small chuckle, realizing he’s a fan. The loud city never even stood a chance. He was perfectly engulfed in the moment, carried away by that particular voice.

Even if he looked up, he couldn’t see anything. Just the balcony, and the opened window.

He closed his eyes, getting lost with the beautiful voice.

It reminded him of his childhood. It reminded him of happiness. And ironically, the song consisted of sad melodies.

But it had another effect on him.

Just then, the song ended, and the soft thud of the window closing followed.

Luhan exhaled, his heart beating fast.

“Till next time.” He murmured, a smile lingering on his lips.

 

Nara heaved a deep sigh as she closed the window. Again, her heart clenched. She doesn’t even understand herself anymore. She can run away from the pain, but she doesn’t want to.

“Till next time.” She murmured, smiling at the balcony before turning away.

 

 

___________________________________________

:> so this is just a short one.

1st chappie, check!