Settled

Unforeseen Harmony

NARRATOR

 

 

“Do you really have to do this, Dae?”

Daehyun's uncle was finally arrested for his criminal offenses. Luhan's family finally obtained the justice they deserved. Nara finally got over her trauma, and is moving forward with Luhan by her side. Everything was settling at their right places. 

But there was this one thing. Daehyun was leaving. 

Daehyun smiled and ruffled Nara’s hair. She bit her lip and looked at him for a while, before pulling him suddenly for a tight embrace.

He chuckled at the sudden act and wrapped his arms around her. She exhaled and murmured. “I’m sorry if you had to go through all of this.”

“It’s entirely my uncle’s fault. I can never forgive myself for believing him.” He replied, her hair with his hand. She lightly pulled away and met his gaze. “No, you had nothing to do with that, Dae. You’re a good man.”

He smiled genuinely and looked down. “I wish I could say believe that, Na. I’ll need the time away to reflect. Maybe… someday… I can forgive myself.”

She took his hand and gave it a light squeeze. “Promise me you’ll take care of yourself?”

“Promise.” He nodded and ruffled her hair.

She pouted, a tear threatening to fall from her eyes. “I’ll miss the teabags you always give me.”

“Maybe I can send some from overseas.” He winked.

 

Luhan had his hands on his pockets as he watched Nara bid Daehyun goodbye. He had to admit, he was jealous of him. He had this effect on Nara that he never had. But it’s all in the past; all he felt for him was gratitude and respect.

Everything is in place now, he thought.

Daehyun looked at him and nodded. He smiled and waved his hand goodbye. He could see him adjust his backpack and give Nara a final kiss on the forehead.

“I will miss him, Ge.”

Luhan opened his arms so that she could embrace him. He could feel her unstable breathing and he enveloped her tightly in his arms, kissing her hair. “He’s gonna be okay. Daehyun is a strong man.”

“I know. But…” She pulled away, biting her lip.

He looked at her fondly and cupped her cheek. “How about some ice cream?”

She slowly smiled and nodded. “Okay, but the bill’s on you.”

 

Tao was on the dojo, practicing his wushu moves. He had sweat running down his forehead, and his breathing was loud.

“Hey panda!”

He jumped up, dropping his stick on the floor, and unfortunately hitting his toe. He mentally cursed and faced Nara with a frown.

“What do you want?”

She rolled her eyes. “The guys have been calling you for an hour now. We’re supposed to go have dinner. Don’t you remember?”

He sighed and scratched his head. “I’ll be in the living room in twenty. Wait up, you pig.”

“You never fail to annoy me.” She muttered, walking upstairs.

 

The Kim’s garden was different that night For one thing, it was always peaceful and serene but that night it was chaotic and a mess.

Xiumin and Chen were swimming on the pool, playing with Nerf guns and shouting like kids. Kris was lounging by the poolside, closing his eyes. Surprisingly, Chaerin was beside him, asking him questions to which he just answered with hums or nods.

Lay was grilling the meat, because that’s what he always does. He couldn’t rely on the other boys because he has this belief he is the only one who can cook meat properly.

Jaejoong was lying on the grass, looking at the stars. He was weird like that. The famous business tycoon has his moments too.

Luhan was with Nara on the bench. He was playing with her hair while she was absent-mindedly scrolling through her phone.

“I’m hungry!” The glass doors slid open and Tao came running out, only to tip on Jaejoong on the grass. The elder man let out a grunt of pain and Tao crawled away, muttering his “sorry.”

Jaejoong glared at him darkly. “Huang Zi Tao…”

“I love you hyung!” He shouted before dashing away.

 

Nara chuckled and watched her family,. Yes, they were her family. After all that happened, she was happy to be finally with the people she cherished the most.

“My pig is beside me, and it makes me happy.”

She froze for a moment at the sudden electricity that touched her cheek. Luhan grinned and poked her cheek. “Ya, wake up.”

Her trance ended and she exhaled, poking his cheek in return. She was thankful for the dim lights because she could hide her crimson cheeks. “You’re such a greasy man.”

“Ya, lovebirds! Could you fetch the drinks inside?! Instead of being all lovey-dovey, be useful!” Lay hollered and pointed his clippers as if to threaten them. Luhan sighed and rolled his eyes, while Nara chuckled and stood up.

“Come on, before Lay Ge actually uses those clippers on us.” She pulled his hand and he lazily followed her to the kitchen.

 

Luhan watched her from behind as she poured the drinks on the glasses. He smiled and felt his heart skip a beat.

It always does when he was with her, and he loved every moment of it.

“Oh!” She lightly squealed when she felt his arms encircle around her waist. Lately they have been sharing moments like these, but she still gets surprised at how his touch felt.

She smiled and put down the pitcher. “What?”

He lightly chuckled and turned her around.  She stared back at him and raised a brow. “You’re smiling like an idiot, Ge.”

“Oh, I’m your idiot.” He winked.

She was about to reply when he planted a kiss on her lips. She was a little surprised but she then smiled, lightly hitting his chest. Blood was rushing to her cheeks and she could feel the rush of emotions on her veins.

Luhan simply enjoyed watching her blush. “Come on, I bet those people are thirsty.” He let go and carried the tray towards the garden. She remained motionless at the kitchen counter, biting her lip.

Luhan turned his head and chuckled.

“Are you coming, or do you want me to kiss you again?”

Her cheeks reddened even more as she rushed past him towards the garden. 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________

Sorry for the very late update. This will be the second to the last chapter.

As usual, I always have a peek-of-their-future chapter on the end, so wait for it! :)

Thank you for bearing with such a lazy writer like me. I love you guys.

I hope you like this chapter. If you do, I'd love to read about your thoughts. 

 

I have this new fic, I hope you check it out. This one has Lay, Kai and Sehun on it. ;)

 

"Wild One"

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/947718/wild-one-comedy-romance-romcom-originalcharacter-exokai-exosehun-exolay

 

See you on the last chappie!