Scar

Unforeseen Harmony

 

 

Kim Nara 

 

 

 

Three Years Ago

 

Nara lazily trudged inside the campus pathways. Her class ended early, but she had to attend this project making meeting with her group in Philosophy class.

It was almost 11pm, and her lids were getting heavier with every step that she took.

“Minjun Oppa told me he woud pick me up. Sheesh.” She mumbled.

 

A smile crept up her lips when the sight of her dorm slowly became visible to her blurry eyes. She giddily half-ran to the building, only thinking of her bed.

“Nara!”

She stopped, looking back. A guy was standing there, covered by the night’s darkness. She couldn’t really see anything except for the piercing on his ear that sparkled even through the dark. “Who…?”

“Hey Nara. So you do have late classes, huh?” The man walked towards her, and she staggered a bit as she walked a few steps backward. “Who… Who are you?”

His face was now visible, and she gasped. “S...S-sunbae.”

“Yes Nara. The one you dumped. The one you embarrassed in front of many people. The one you rejected so cruelly.” He seethed, his fist clenched. She took more steps away, her heart drumming faster than usual.

Her senior smirked, sensing her fear. “And you don’t feel any tinge of guilt at all?”

Nara’s lips quivered. “Sun… Sunbae, I did not… embarrass you. I… I…”

“Oh cut the crap!” He snarled as he gripped her arm and dragged her to her unit. She tried protesting but it was no avail. His hand was clamped on , muffling her cries of help.

His eyes were glistening with something that scared her to death. He violently threw her to the bed. His hands made its way to her shirt, and she started thrashing around. All she ever wanted was to get away from him.

Endless sobs escaped her lips.

 

“Let go!” The door burst open, and her senior stopped whatever it was he was doing and jerked his head towards the direction of the voice.

“Get away from her.” He seethed, his fists curled.

“Minjun Oppa!” She cried.

Her senior started to advance towards Minjun, who dodged his pucnch and sent him flying to the wall. The madman winced as his head hit the granite walls.

Minjun scrambled to her side. “Na, are you okay?”

She trembled under his touch as she sobbed harder. “N…No.”

“He didn’t…?”

“You came. Oppa, you came! Let’s run now!” She grabbed his shoulders and tried to get up. Minjun exhaled and firmly held her hand. “No, not until he learns his lesson.”

“No! Don’t go near him! Let’s get out of here!”

“Trust me.”

“B-but Junnie, you’ll… get hurt with this.”

“Just… trust me.”

With that he stood up and pushed her to the door. “Escape when you need to. Call the police.” Minjun whispered before walking in the room.

“O-oppa! Junnie! I can’t leave you here!” She sobbed, her hands trembling as she held the doorframe. Minjun just sent her a stern look before advancing to the room where her senior had been.

Nara stood there, shaking violently. Despite what Minjun said, she couldn’t run. She couldn’t leave him, he was her best friend. What if he got hurt?

She took a step towards the room, biting her lip as she suppressed her tears. She was about to enter the room when she heard something.

A gunshot.

And what followed, froze her whole being; his blood-curling scream.

“Run, Nara!”

With that she ran like she never ran before.

 

 

____________________________________________________________