Grateful

Unforeseen Harmony

 

NARRATOR

 

“She’s fine, Daehyun. She just wants time for herself right now. Many things happened the past few days and she’s stressed.” Jaejoong explained.

Daehyun sighed and bit his lip. “I hope she gets better.”

“She will be. I’ll tell you when she’s fine.” Jaejoong smiled encourangingly. Daehyun nodded reluctantly as he walked out the Kim mansion.

He hopped in his Maserati and held the steering wheel tight. Nara has been gone for a week now, and he was worried to death. He didn’t know what happened, after that lunch at the resto, and unexpectedly hearing Luhan’s love for her, she just… disappeared.

And it was killing him not seeing her.

 

“She’s coming with us.”

Luhan shot up from his seat. “R-really?”

Tao nodded and sat beside his Gege. “She doesn’t want to, but Jaejoong hyung forced her. I mean, she isolated herself for one whole week, she can’t go on like that.”

“Great, everything’s set at the resort anyway. Right, duizhang?” Xiumin beamed, clapping his hands. Kris did not even look up from the files he was reviewing.

“Yes. All is set.”

Chen and Lay hi-fived each other. “Finally, time to unwind!”

“And time to see Nara.” Luhan mumbled to himself. Tao hid his smile, hearing the low mumbling beside him. He squeezed Luhan’s shoulder encouragingly.

“You’ll pick her up for me, Ge?”

Luhan hesitantly looked at the maknae. “C-can I?”

“Of course.”

 

“Why are you forcing your sister, Kim Jaejoong?” Mrs. Kim chided lightly. Jaejoong frowned at his own mom. “I know what I’m doing, Eomma.”

“She needs time.” Mrs. Kim shook her head. Jaejoong stood up and held her mouther’s shoulders gently. “Eomma, it took Nara three years to move on. We can’t let another three years slip away. She needs to stand up, and I know Tao and his friends can help her.”

“I hope you’re right.”

 

Luhan paced back and forth at their study. He was alone at their house, his father out for some company matters a Japan.

He sat on the leather seat, sighing heavily. His mind was a mess.

“Will she act the same towards me?” He mumbled, ruffling his hair endlessly.

 

“Na?”

Jaejoong gently opened the door, shedding some light to Nara’s room. He clucked his tongue and walked towards the window, setting the curtains aside.

Light quickly overpowered the room.

“Na, where are you?”

The bathroom door opened, and Nara stepped out in a plain white shirt and denim shorts. She tied her hair in a messy bun and smiled weakly at her brother.

“Hey Oppa.”

Jaejoong smiled and enveloped her in his arms. “You rascal. Are you doing good?”

“I’m fine.” She mumbled, pulling away. She walked to her closet and pulled out a small duffel bag. “And I’m going.”

“Of course, you should.” Jae chuckled.

Nara blew a raspberry. “As if I have a choice.”

“Good, Luhan’s waiting for you downstairs.” With that Jae gave her a teasing smile and left. Nara dropped at the duffel bag and swallowed. She sat on her bed and gripped the covers tight.

Her heart was hammering at the mere mention of the name.

 

 

Nara stepped out the mansion only to find Luhan placing her bags on the car’s trunk. He looked up to meet her eyes, and a smile spread on his face.

“Hey Na.” He greeted, closing the trunk with a soft thud. He walked to her with his hands on his pockets. “I… Well… are you okay?”

“I am, Ge.” She smiled lightly, looking at her feet. Luhan chuckled and lifted her head to meet her eyes again. “I... uh... missed you.”

“I…” She started, but failed her. Instead she stepped forward and gently wrapped her arms around him. Luhan’s eyes widened.

Nara bit her lip as she buried her face on her chest. “I don’t know how to thank you… so I hope this will do…”

Luhan felt himself relax as he ruffled her hair, just like how he used to. “You don’t have to thank me.”

 

“Ehem.”

Nara pulled away almost immediately. Luhan looked down and stifled his laughter. Jae was leaning on the doorframe with crossed arms. “It’s a long ride, isn’t it?”

Luhan looked up and nodded. Jae frowned and shooed them away. “Go now, we don’t want Tao to eat all the food there, right?”

Nara chuckled and waved at her brother. “I’ll call you, Oppa.”

“Of course you have to. Now, Luhan, take care of this child over here.”

Luhan sheepishly smiled. “I will, hyung.”

 

__________________________________

Forgive me for the late update...