Chapter Ten: Xiumin

Killing an Angel

                I think that people tend to forget I’m the oldest; especially the leaders. I’m not sure that they realize exactly how much I notice, and how well I know them all. I could write a biography on each of them if I wanted…maybe I should. That would really make Jongdae furious.

Anyways, it was no surprise to me when Kris pulled Kyungsoo out of the room.  He’s the kind that really doesn’t like to be challenged, especially in front of other people. But he has a tendency to take punishments too far, so I like to be ready to intervene if it gets too bad. That’s why I’m leaning against the wall outside Kris’ room listening in.

“…not okay for you to do that!” Kris snarls. I peek through the doorway to see Kyungsoo sitting on the bed rubbing his temples.

“It’s not okay for you to pick on Jongin.” he says tiredly. Kris snorts.

“If I have to disciple one of my members that is up to me to decide. And I wasn’t picking on him.”

“He was scared out of his mind.”

“Men shouldn’t be scared.”

“What is wrong with you?” D.O.’s eyes are huge, he looks completely flabbergasted.

“No, what’s wrong with you?” my leader shoots back.

“Kris, you can’t treat people like this.”

“I can treat them however I want!” Kyungsoo snaps, his eyes burn like hot coals as he stands and advances on the dragon.

“No you can’t. You’re out of control! Do you even realize what you’re saying?” Kris’ strong stance wavers a bit under the vocalist’s bombardment.

“I respected you. I respected you a lot. But you know what? I don’t think that it was you at all.”

“Shut up.” Kris growls. Kyungsoo ignores him.

“All those problems we used to have. All the times there was a fight, or someone was upset…every single time something needed fixing it wasn’t you who did it was it?”

“I said shut up!”

 “It was Joonmyun, it was always Joonmyun. You can’t do anything without him!” There’s a loud crack as Kris’ fist makes contact with D.O.’s face.  

Kris hit him!

Tears are forming in Kyungsoo’s eyes; he sits heavily back on the bed legs weak with shock as the taller man advances on him. I try to run into the room but my body is frozen.

Get in there stupid! Legs, why won’t you move?

Kris stops, hovering above D.O., fists trembling. Kyungsoo lifts a hand to the reddening mark on his face and raises his eyes in wonder.

“Don’t you ever…ever. Speak to me like that again!” Kris bellows. Kyungsoo nods dumbly.

“Do you even realize what it’s like?” he hisses. “Do you know what it’s like to live like this?”

D.O. shakes his head.
                “Joonmyun was…is one of the best friends I’ve ever had, and now he’s different. He’s so…he’s so…” his voice falters and falls to a whisper.

“…he’s so broken, Kyungsoo…” Kris drops onto the bed and puts his head in his hand. A heart tearing sob escapes his throat. The vocalist eyes the older man for a moment before nudging him with his shoulder.

                “He’ll be alright.” he assures him, his face betraying his unease. Kris sits up slightly, rubbing tears from his face. He cringes. Kyungsoo nudges him again, this time with his hand.

                “Hey, I’m sorry I was so rude.” he offers. Kris looks at him strangely, and then shakes his head.

                “You’re fine…I should apologize to you.” He winces as he glances at D.O.’s swollen cheek.

“I’m sorry I hit you.” Kyungsoo shrugs.

“It’s cool.” He pats his cheek. “I kinda deserved it.” Kris snickers and then frowns again.

“I’ll get an ice-pack.” he says, starting to stand. Kyungsoo pauses, and then snatches his hand.

“Kris, wait…” he mutters, looking away guiltily. Kris turns back curiously. Kyungsoo works his jaw a couple of times.

“I know.” Kris frowns.

“What?” he asks. D.O. turns to him, dark eyes flashing intensely.

“I heard. That day…I heard your phone call.” Kris lurches back a bit as if he had been stabbed. Kyungsoo stands and grips his shoulders.

“I know what you think.” Kris looks away.
                “Stop it. It isn’t your fault.” The dragon raises placid eyes full of tears to meet fiery ones.

“Hyung!” Two faces spin to the door and I jerk back just in time. I race for the living room, reaching the edge of the hall way just before Kris and D.O. As I reach the room I stop abruptly in horror.

Suho is lying on the couch curled into himself with his hands clapped tightly over his ears. His mouth is stretched wide in a silent screech of terror. His eyes are open and staring at something we can’t see.

“Joonmyun!” Kris shoves past me and races over to him. Sehun looks up at him as he races over and pulls him away from the writhing Suho. Kyungsoo runs over and wraps the boy in a tight hug and forces the blubbering head against his shoulder.

I walk over to my two leaders, watching silently as Kris struggles to pull Suho out of his ball.

He grabs his shoulder and throws all of his weight against it rolling him onto his back. Joonmyun’s eyes clear and he lets out a howl arching his back, trying to throw Kris off of him. Kris forces his body back down and pins him with one of his knees.

“Don’t fight me…” he snarls in desperation. Suho stops, his body completely relaxing. For a moment the air clears. And then Joonmyun starts blinking, body quivering a bit.

“Stop…” he whispers, voice raspy from disuse.

The room is silent. Our angel’s voice…to hear it again after so long even with such painful tones…

Baekhyun starts crying, clutching onto an even harder sobbing Tao. Kris stops fighting and stares down in shock. A brilliant smile overtakes his face and he leans down and captures Suho’s body in a tight embrace.

My heart warms to the core. It’s a small step, but a step none the less. We all crowd around Joonmyun excitedly patting him and cheering. Kris buries his face in the smaller man’s neck, shoulders trembling as he tries to hold back tears.

“Welcome back…” I murmur.

 

________________

Ah-hah! So I can control this story a bit! *dances* Huzzah! So, here's chapter ten, I hope you all like it. ^_^

Poor D.O., Kris is so mean sometimes...

Well, I'm off to get some food because I'm starving.

Cheers! See you all in the next chapter!