Chapter Nine: Silence

Killing an Angel

I don’t like being helpless, and vulnerable. It’s unnerving. I just can’t seem to get rid of Exo though, they just keep popping up…like worms, or cockroaches. I assumed that it would have taken them longer to find me, but I guess D.O. is more persistent than I thought.

                After I had recovered from my attack I stumbled around for a bit and found that cupboard. It was small, dark, and quiet. It was perfect, absolutely what I needed to escape. I shut myself away, hoping to block out all the memories.

                The problem with darkness is that your mind takes over.

                It took less than a minute to lose control. White hot noise filled my head and I clutched my nails into my ears trying to cut it off. Voices screamed at me, echoes, howls, wails...

                                                                “…remember…

…remember…

…remember…”

In desperation I made a run for it. But in the pitch black void I tripped over something. My cheek collided painfully with the floor. Instinctively I lashed out, my fists scraping roughly against something hard. I drew back with a whine of fear and pain.

A low, guttural laugh filled my senses, I curled into myself.

Not here…he’s not here…

                My breathing got faster. A loud drumming sounded behind the door.

“Miss me?”

I lost it. Complete panic filled my mind as I struggled to keep my body from falling apart. Suddenly, a brilliant light overwhelmed my senses. I whipped my head around in shock, my eyes trying to adjust. My dim vision revealed a lithe figure staring into my haven of fear.

It’s him.

Please…no…just leave me alone! I don’t want to go back...just leave me…kill me instead.

“Joon…”

I was confused. Kyungsoo’s voice…that’s his voice…how..? My jaw worked shakily as I tried to reason it out. I whimpered.  Instantly D.O. was caressing, and holding me.

“I’m so sorry hyung…”

A single wet drop fell onto my face and traveled down my chin, shattering on the floor below.

­­­­­­­­­­­_________________

                Kyungsoo places a cold cloth to my face, his wide eyes gently searching my eyes for signs of life. I just stare back blankly. The incident in the closet had been relayed quickly to the rest of the group by Sehun who happened to walk in as D.O. was working on my bruised knuckles. Now, we are bathing in the last few seconds before the horde arrives.

                He turns away from me for a moment to grab some ointment and smear it efficiently across my face. He sits back and lets out a sigh.

                “What happened, hyung?” he asks. I blink silently at him, and then drop my head.

                I hate this.

                He places a hand gently over mine.

                I hate living in this lonely void where no one can reach in, and I can’t reach out.

                “Please tell me. I won’t tell anyone else if you don’t want me to.”

I hate that I can’t trust them, that every second is spent in doubt wondering when they’ll turn their backs on me again.

                He lifts my chin and gazes longingly into my eyes before closing his own in frustration.

                I hate that I can’t whisper words to them, tell them what happened, or talk to them about how I feel.

                “Talk to me.”

I hate knowing that if I speak, they’ll walk away.

I tighten my lips and look away. As Kyungsoo’s hand falls away I can feel him dying a little inside. The door bursts open as a panting Chanyeol rushes in, the rest of Exo tailing behind. He takes one good look at my face and grapples me in a tight bear hug. He nuzzles his nose into my neck.

“Don’t you ever do that again, hyung!” he orders. The fuzzy-haired giant pulls back and kisses me once on the cheek, being careful to avoid the bruise.

“I was so worried that I even forgave you for kicking Baekhyun.” Said vocalist squeaks in irritation. I can feel my eyebrows shoot up. When did I kick one of my members? Jongin walks up behind Chanyeol and smacks him in the head.

“Yah! Doofus put him down!”

“Let us have a turn!” Tao cries. Suddenly I’m engulfed by arms and dragged back through the house to the living room where everyone sits around me and stares as if I’m going to transform into mist and vanish.

I spy an exhausted looking Kyungsoo emerge from the hallway. He looks up at me. His shoulders droop a bit as a tall man disentangles himself from the pile and stalks over to him. Kris mutters something and D.O. sighs. The two walk off around the corner, their progress followed by Xiumin who, after a few moments, stands and traipses after them.

                Everyone else proceeds to wrap blankets around me until I’m no more than a blob. Lay heads into the kitchen with Chen toddling behind. Chanyeol pops in a movie while everyone else makes me into a pillow. I’m not a hundred percent sure what we’re watching, but it seems cute. I settle back and try to ignore everything around me.

                Eventually, the girl’s singing lulls me into a semi-unconscious state and I doze. But the shadow in the back of my mind won’t let me rest. There’s something I’ve forgotten. Something I’m missing…

                                “…all you remember…”

                I stiffen. Sehun lifts his head and watches me closely. I struggle to keep my face impassive.

                Don’t let them see…don’t let them see…don’t let them-

                                “Nock nock, Joonmyun.”

                The room starts to fade slightly, my throat closes.

                “Hyung? What’s wrong?”

                No! Go away!

                                “Come here, kitten.”

                Screams, shattering…cracking. The room goes black.

“Hyung!”

 

________________

 

Hello?

Is anyone there?

“Hello, kitten.”

 

“What? Speechless? Me too.”

…what do you want?

“I want to ask you a question.”

I don’t like your questions.

“Aw, now that’s not very nice.”

Neither are you.

“Touché.”

Why are you still here?

“I could ask you the same thing.

For someone who doesn’t like me you think about me quite a lot.”

Go away.

“First, I want to ask you something.”

No.

“Do you know why the modern hunter kills?”

No! Get out! Go away!

I’m not listening to you!

I’m not listening!

“For fun.”

 

 

_________________________

Things are changing, and running away without me. *runs after story* Stop leaving me behind!

Anyways, in case you're confused aobut anything just comment and ask. The last bit will be explained later, but as for anything else...ask, and I will post an update on this chapter with an answer. Okie-dokie?

In other news, my boyfriend bought me an Exo backpack!!! I'm so excited!! He's the best boyfriend ever! :3 *freaks out*

What cool things have happened to you guys recently? I hope you're all well.

See you all in the next chapter!

Cheers! ^_^

P.S. There is a cut bit from the end. If anyone wants to read it I will post it as an extra. Fyi, it's really weird.

Edit:

I had a request (already XD) for the cut part to be added. The last segment is the part that originally cut from the story. I hope that you enjoy it. ^_^