Chapter Eight: Kyungsoo

Killing an Angel

I love sleeping. People don’t think of me as someone who would, seeing as I’m so organized and all. But really, I can’t think of a more relaxing time than sleeping.

                “SSSSNNN-ARK!”

                …unless you’re in the same room with Kim Jongin that is…

                I flop over on my back and try to shut out his obnoxious snoring, but oh-no. The great Jongin is not to be ignored! He rolls about and flaps his arms letting out another bellow akin to a beached orca. I groan. Life …

                “Kyungsoo…” I whisper to myself. “Why do you always get stuck with Kai…?”

                “KRAHHU-NGK!!”

                Aaaannnddd…the pillow is over my head. Even Baekhyun and his silly barking would be better than this. At least he stops! Jongin hasn’t stopped since three AM when he first woke me up with the loudest snort I’ve ever heard.

                And that’s coming from someone who shares a room with him.

                I roll over and check the time again hoping that maybe I can arouse the human vacuum from his snore induced coma.

“Six thirty? Crap…” Jongin will skin me if I wake him up earlier than eight on a day off. And even eight is pushing it. But my eyes are aching, and I just want to sleep…I want to dream about that cooking place with all the new recipes…and the one with all the penguins….

Heck, I’d take a nightmare at this point.

I sob into my pillow. Why me god…? Why me…?

“Why…?”

“HAAAAANNNN-GRAAA-!”

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggg!” The scream cuts through Jongin’s attempt at breaking the sound barrier. I jolt up in terror.

“Kai! Wake up!” A muffled cry…thudding…more screams.

I wasn’t serious about the nightmare…

“Kim Jongin, you’d better wake up right now before I really freak out…!” A third cry, more ear piercing than the last collides with my eardrum. Kai jumps bodily out of bed, half-dressed and standing as if he is going to beat someone up. He shoots me a ‘what is going on’ look.

Another wail. And then it hits me.

“Suho!” Kai’s eyes get big as we both race for the door and down the stairs. We reach our leader’s room in time to see the kerfuffle taking place. Bodies strewn about the floor as one by one Kris marches through and tosses them.

“Seriously guys...? Suho’s under a lot of stress. You need to chill out, you’re making it worse.” A terribly squished looking Baekhyun tilts his head.

“How?” he quips, pursing his lips. Kris glares.

“He had some sort of bad dream, he was really freaking out and he needs to not have all the noise.”

“Like you know…” Kai growls under his breath. I swear I could see the dragon’s ear twitch.

“What did you say?” Jongin takes a small step behind me and looks away.

“Nothing, Kris hyung.”

“Say it again. Because it was obviously something...” he says stalking forward. Jongin squeaks quietly and I put my arm in front of him protectively.

“It was nothing…” he begs.

“I don’t-”

The bed squeaks and we all turn sharply to look at Joonmyun. The room goes deathly silent as he stalks past all of us, briefly stumbling before rounding the corner. There are some awkward shuffles from the rest of the group. Kris whips around to glare knives into Kai’s soul.

“Look what you-!”

“Stop it.” I snap. I tilt my head way back to scowl fiercely into his eyes. Kris seems a bit stunned, the startled mewls from the rest confirm that my action was indeed unexpected.

Perfect. I love having the element of surprise.

“Kyung-.”

“Shut up Kris, I’m talking.” Now that earns full on gasps from Exo, and a head jolt of shock from Kris. I take a step towards him.

“You walk around acting like you know what’s best, pretending that you are in charge, and over compensating for everything!” Kris’ gaze flickers.

“I don’t know what-!”

“It was Chanyeol’s turn to watch him! Not your’s.” I take another step and jab him in the chest. He stares stupidly down at my finger.

“So why are you here?” I ask dangerously. M’s leader raises his glassy eyes meet my knowing ones.

“Stop taking it out on us.” I snarl just loud enough for him to hear. I turn away from the stunned group and follow Joonmyun’s path. I can sense the wake of turmoil that I left behind me and smirk.

I guess Jongin’s snoring isn’t useless after all.

 

_________________________

 

Finding Suho turned out to be harder than I thought. The house, while small, was still a labyrinth to me; and after five minutes of wandering up stairs only to climb back down I was beginning to feel like I was getting nowhere. Exhausted from lack of sleep and stress I finally decided to take a break. Besides, I have to pee.

…now where is the bathroom?

After a few seconds of debating my strategy I settled for banging on every door and then barging in when I didn’t get an answer. But after the fifth try I was getting rather discouraged.

“How many rooms does this place have…?” I whine, prancing a bit as I crack open yet another useless door. Turning to the right I followed to hallway opening two more doors to empty, or relatively so, rooms. Finally, I reached the second to last door on the left and banged on it.

The door creaked open on its own.

I peered into the room curiously, only to be met with the most glorious sight I’ve ever seen.

“Oh, joyous day!” I run into the room, slamming the door behind me.

“Mr. Toilet, I will never take you for granted again!”

Oh sweet relief.

Exiting the room where my newly found best friend lived I heave a sigh. I smile a bit and then straighten my t-shirt and look around. I forgot what I am doing…

There are a couple far off and echoing calls from outside and the floor below.

“Joonmyun!”

“Suho hyung!”

“Joonminnie hyung? Where are you?”

“Oh, shoot! Suho!” I clap my hands to the sides of my head. A moment of panic washes over me, but I shake it off.

I pause for a second and think logically. All the rooms up here have been pretty much checked…except for those two. He’s probably down stairs. I turn back towards to stairs.

Thud. A pained whimper follows.

I spin around and run over to the last room and rip the door open.

Suho is sitting on the floor, eyes wide from fear and lack of light. There’s a bruise forming on his cheek and a couple scrapes on his knuckles.

“Joon…” My voice trails off. I’ve never seen anyone look so broken…so lost. His eyes are dull besides the fear, his mouth slack, and his hands quivering…

I don’t know what to do.

He works his jaw twice, beautiful dark eyes growing misty. There’s a squeak and something so quiet I’m not sure he actually said it.

“…why…?”

I drop to my knees and pull him into my arms. My heart clenches. Suho should never be smaller than me. His head drops weakly into my chest, soft hair brushing my lips. Unconsciously my hand moves to cup the back of his neck. He in a short breath and tenses, his small hands tighten into fists causing blood to flow faster from his injuries.

“…hyung…” I choke. My fingers graze through his unruly locks. A single tears slides off my cheek and onto his blank face.

“I’m so sorry, hyung…”

 

 

 

 

 

______________

 

 

Whaaaa....! Such a weird chapter. >.< First it was too silly, and then it was too sad. Maybe I'm just emotional? *shrugs* Anywho...here's chapter eight from D.O.'s POV. What do you guys think?

This story is progressing faster than I thought it would...I'm thinking about adding a lot more stuff in that I cut out originally. I'm really going to have to work with the side characters more though. (i.e. Everyone but Suho.) They keep growing on their own! 

Well, I should go to bed.

ttyl! See you all in the next chapter!

In the mean time, enjoy Suho's y face ability. ;)

P.S. If this is terrible and there's a ton of mistakes, I'm sorry. I wrote this in about four hours at 1am, finished at 5...so yeeeaaaahhh...my brain in a bit on the sleepy side. XD

Cheers, yall!