Chapter Five: Cold Pillows

Killing an Angel

                The car rolls to a stop accompanied by a flurry of clicks as everyone exits the van. EXO is talking noisily as they grab their luggage and start walking away. Chen turns to me.

                “Hey hyung, we’re here.” he whispers. I turn my glazed eyes away from the window and attempt to stand only to be yanked back by my seatbelt. Jongdae snickers and I shoot him a glare, scrabbling with my seatbelt.

                It’s stuck…crap. I start yanking at it in frustration, only managing to pull it tighter. Jongdae bursts into howls of amusement and starts rolling around, I turn away with my cheeks heating up. He’s so annoying.

Minseok apparently shares my loathing. Almost instantaneously he’s hovering over the seat above Jongdae grabbing his head and slamming it against the window. Chen and Kris both yelp as Chen’s skull makes contact, one in pain the other in fear. Xiumin lets the groaning vocalist go and throws Kris a look of apology at nearly ruining the rental.

“Jongdae, inside, now…and get my stuff while you’re at it.” Xiumin spits. Chen scuttles out of the van and starts dragging two large bags in one hand, the other still pressed against his now purple forehead. I feel a twinge of satisfaction at the situation. Minseok walks over to my side and starts unhooking my rebellious safety strap, after a moment he sits back.

“Ready to go, Joonmyun-ah?” he asks. I just look away, not interested in talking to him. He sighs and shakes his head.

“If you’re going to be like that, I’m going to have to carry you.” I still ignore him, too fatigued from the whole ordeal to care if I’m being lugged around like a sack of potatoes. Besides, Xiumin is too small to be able to drag me anywhere.

At least that’s what my fevered intellect is telling me, momentarily overlooking the fact that he is actually quite strong. His small arms grasp me about my waist and yank me towards to door. I jump as my body slides to the edge of the seat and stops.

Xiumin hops out of the van and turns towards me. He tilts his head and crosses his arms, waiting for me to make a move. I roll my eyes and hop off the edge of the seat and to the ground. As my limbs make their abrupt contact with earth, my legs promptly turn into a bowl of jelly and collapse.

“Joonmyun!” Minseok cries, grabbing my arm to keep me from falling face first into the snow. He pulls my arm over his shoulder and tugs me to my feet.

“What are you thinking? You’re not strong enough to go jumping around yet.” he snaps. No duh. I groan inwardly, but unable to deny his help I settle for tormenting the snow with my furious scowls.  Xiumin looks at me curiously but doesn’t question it.

I’m pretty sure that I freaked them out with my last attack. My dark eyes flash with approval. They all thought that I was weak and helpless, but obviously whatever happened while I was out was enough to send the whole van into a tizzy of nervous energy.

As we walk towards the door I glance up at the house we will be staying in. It’s all wood with a beautifully sculpted roof. There are native plants scattered about in front of the door and growing in pots along with windows. It looks rather quaint to be honest. The inside is basically the same, minus the biting cold and snow. It’s warm and cozy with cute furniture, a fireplace, TV, and hallways that lead off towards more rooms. I can also see a stair case just behind the living room.

Xiumin grunts as we stop inside the doorway, he motions for Lay to come and take me off his hands. Yixing doesn’t even bother trying to help me walk, he just picks me up and marches off towards my room. I sputter in irritation and throw my hands around his neck to keep from falling. As we walk I spot Chanyeol standing in front of Baekhyun protectively, and shooting me dirty looks. They follow behind the rest of the group a good few paces.

I raise an eyebrow. I really must have freaked them out. Once we reach my room Lay plops me down in a bed and then promptly starts freaking out at how hard he dropped me.

“Are you okay? I didn’t mean to do that…are you hurt?” He starts pulling my limbs out in weird directions, trying to figure out if he’s caused any damage.

“For crying out loud, Lay! Don’t rip him apart!” Luhan yelps trying to drag the worried unicorn off of me.

“I’m just trying to help.” Yixing protests as he’s peeled away. Luhan frowns.

“That wasn’t helping.”

“It was going to be if you’d let me finish!” he retorted. Kris pinches the bridge of his nose in exasperation.

“Take your bickering elsewhere.” he orders. The two look upset at their leader’s tone and skulk out of the room. Everyone else crowds around me hesitantly. I roll my eyes and curl up on the bed, hiding my face in the pillow.

It smells cold.

“Let him rest.” I’m too tired to figure out who said it, all that matters is that I’m in a bed and they’re all finally quiet. A blanket is pulled over me and someone brushes their long fingers through my hair. There are quiet shuffles as almost everyone leaves.

As the door clicks shut I turn my back on Tao who sits down on the bed beside me. I really just want to sleep.

So I do.

 

__________

I'm so sorry that this took so long, and that it's not the greatest. I'm having a lot of family drama right now so things have done kinda crazy around here. But, I managed to finish this one. I'll start work on the next chapter as soon as I can, but I have to get a car this week so it will probably be awhile.

See you all in the next chapter, I hope you liked it!

Cheers!

Edit:

AND OHMYGOSH!! Have you guys seen Growl?? What do you think? ^_^ I love it, personally.