Chapter Four: Kai

Killing an Angel

                This whole thing is stupid, absolutely and completely idiotic and ridiculous. At least that’s what I think. I stick my lip out in as pout as I rest my head against the car window. I’m trying to shut out the rest of the chatter and ignore the fact the Kris is staring at me very ily. Normally, I would glare back, but I’m a bit too frustrated right now.

                “Jongininnie,” Kyungsoo whispers “What’s wrong?” I turn to him and huff in frustration.

                “He’s acting like he knows exactly what to do.” I complain.

                “You mean Kris?” he asks. I nod and go back to my window trying to ignore BaekYeol’s obnoxious pinching war. Nobody really cares to ask what I think about the whole situation. Of course, I don’t have any really good ideas, but it would be nice to be asked sometimes. I miss Joonmyun hyung too.

                “Nice ah…scenery, huh?” D.O. asks trying to ease the tension. I think that he can sense that I don’t really want to talk about anything serious right now. I grunt in agreement. It is very beautiful.

                The snow is easing off a bit and we’re driving through a forest. The trees are covered in snow, the ground in littered with a variety of undergrowth and here and there small pink flowers poke their buds bravely through the snow.

                The car shifts as we turn onto a gravel road. I turn to look at Suho hyung. He’s staring listlessly out the window, his eyes glazed over as if he’s very tired or completely lost in thought. I sigh in frustration. D. O. places a hand on my arm.

                “Jongin-ah,” he says soothingly, a smile on his lips. “It will be fine. Don’t worry about it.” I look away skeptically. D.O. sits back and closes his eyes.

                “Trust me.” I nod and lean my head against his shoulder, not really wanting to argue. I’m glad that he at least has faith. Chen looks over at me curiously.

                “You look a little down.” he says. I roll my eyes.

                “You’re so observant, hyung.” I reply rolling my eyes. He grins cheekily at me and winks.

                “Shh…” he puts a finger to his lips and tilts his head to the dozing Kyungsoo. I am tempted to say something snarky, but I just ignore him.

                Suddenly I see Jongdae pull a bottle of water out of his backpack and open it. He leans dangerously close to the sleeping Lay, then with and evil smirk he promptly dumps the entire thing on the unicorn and then hops back into his seat and pretends to sleep.

                Yixing sits up sputtering and wailing in shock, wiping the cold water from his eyes. Kris jumps at the sound of Lay’s cry and swerves off the road, barely avoiding rolling the van. Everyone screams in terror as the vehicle slams to a stop.

Luhan squawks a second time and jumps tries to jump into Sehun’s arms. Unprepared, the maknae lurches to the side, loosing hold of his book. I watch in horrified fascination as the book sails through the air and hits Chanyeol square in the back of the head. The giant spins around flailing his arms about without thinking.

There’s a loud smack and a collective gasp. Xiumin turns around slowly, a hand pressed against his head where Chanyeol’s fist struck. He glares daggers into everyone’s faces.

The van is deathly quiet.

His stare slowly surveys the car, taking each person in with a sickeningly long look. As his eyes light on me I feel the blood drain from my face. I swallow, trying to send the lump of terror down my throat. Finally he moves on and I visibly relax.

At last he spots Chen’s “sleeping” form. I curl closer to Kyungsoo, shivering in sheer dread as he clings to me. We scoot as far away from Jongdae as possible, afraid that he may burst into flames from the strength of Minseok’s glare.

“Kim Jongdae! You get up right now!” he shrieks. Everyone turns to watch as Chen sits up, his troll grin stapled to his face.

“Yah! What’s up Baozi?” he asks, throwing his arms behind his head. As he closes his eyes I catch a twinkling of fear flit across them. Minseok throws off his seat belt and starts climbing bodily over the seats until he shoves the drenched and blubbering Lay against the wall and snatches Chen by his shirt collar.

“What’s wrong with you?” he yells. “You nearly got us all killed!” Jongdae opens his eyes wide and points to himself in mock innocence.

“Don’t you dare play dumb with me…” Xiumin snarls, pulling him close. Chen’s face drains of all color and he whimpers. Jongdae struggles to get away from his hyung’s grasp and looks frantically around for help. D.O. looks away, a little smile on his face. In front of me I can see Kris grinning and Baekhyun leaning back in enjoyment.

Xiumin raises a fist, aiming for Chen’s face. The troll cringes away in terror.

“Alright, alright! I’m sorry!” he squeals in desperation. Minseok just glares harder and pulls his arm back. Small giggles are erupting around me. Jongdae screeches and struggles desperately to get away.

“No hyung! No! Not the face! Stooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop!” he cries. I snort a bit at Chen’s antics and spot Chanyeol’s huge hands covering his mouth as he positively quakes with laughter.

“Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-!”

“HYUNG!” Tao’s shout cuts through Chen’s drawn out wail. I jump and turn to Tao, only to see him holding a violently shaking Suho. Xiumin drops Chen as we all rush forward, all thoughts of revenge forgotten.

Baekhyun vaults over the seat and hugs Joonmyun from behind while Kris grasps his hands and starts rubbing them soothingly. Suho bucks and shivers, reeling away from Tao’s hold. For a moment his eyes connect with mine.

They are dark and unfocused, as if looking at something we cannot see. As he stares at me pure panic seizes his face and he lets out a soul turning scream. He starts clawing at nothing at all, ripping his hands away from Kris’.

“Suho!’

“Hyung! Stop!” Tao and Kris grab his shoulders and force him down onto the seat. He kicks out with all his might hitting Baekhyun square in the chest and throwing him against the door. Chanyeol yelps and scrambles over to his friend as I struggle forward, reaching Suho just as Sehun manages to pin his right leg down.

Suho screeches again and tries to kick Sehun but I manage to grab his leg just in time. My hyung bucks and fights, arching his spine and throwing his head back. A long drawn out cry escapes his cracked lips.

“Joonmyun, stop fighting us!” Kris begs. I look at him sharply, shocked by his frantic and helpless tone. I suddenly realize that he doesn’t know what to do any more than the rest of us.

At the dragon’s voice Suho only screams louder and struggles more. From out of nowhere Chen launches over the seat and pulls Joonmyun’s head into his lap. He his face and leans close, Suho rolls to the side, trying to wrench his head away.

“Shh, it’s okay hyung…everything is okay.” He presses his forehead to Suho’s and murmurs soothingly in his ear. The latter shivers and bucks his hips again.

“We’re right here; nothing is going to get you. We won’t let them touch you. We’re here. Shhh…” Suho starts to quiet down, his chest heaving, and his limbs still quivering. Chen starts humming a lullaby and pulls Joonmyun into his lap, rocking him back and forth.

Everyone sits tensely, watching our leader’s eyes slowly go from wide and terrified, to dull and glassy. He snuggles his head under Jongdae’s chin and lets out a mew. Chen wraps his arms around him and holds him tight. We all release a sigh of relief and relax.

After a moment Kris sits up and motions for us to go back to our seats. Xiumin pauses for a second and I see Chen mouth an apology. Minseok smiles and nods in acceptance, before moving to take Chen’s seat beside Kyungsoo. The van starts up again and we continue down the road.

Chen sits near the front cuddling with Suho while Tao watches from the passenger seat. Chanyeol is running his hands over Baekhyun’s chest and throwing him worried glances every time the vocalist tries to assure him that he’s fine. Lay looks completely miserable and is shivering a bit while Luhan looks at him sympathetically and Sehun pouts about the loss of his book.

D.O. and Xiumin are chatting quietly beside me, as I lock gazes with the wilderness outside. The van wobbles as we pull back onto the road and I settle back, content with the knowledge that Kris isn’t perfect. I take another look at Chen and Suho, making a mental note never to ignore the troll again.

Ever.

 

 

 

 

 

_______

Wahaha! What is this? So much randomness...0.o Yeah, I had major writer's block with this one, so here's four pages of random nonsense and angst. From Kai's POV. ^_^ Anywho, I hope that you guys like it!

On another note...

 

 

 

NO ONE'S BETTER THAN CHANYEOL SHEPARD!!! 

.......yeeeeaaahhhh.....

So, I had this idea stuck in my head so last night I finally went in and made it. Any other Mass Effect fans here besides me? (FIY I haven't finished two yet, and I haven't started three. So PLEASE!!! No spoilers? :3)

Also, if you are ME fans, you should totally check out Miracle of Sound's "Commander Shepard". Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiRDJLcYua0

I enjoy it.​..*shrugs*

Alright! Enough with the randomness!

I'll see you all in the next chapter!

Cheers!