Chapter Twelve: Chen

Killing an Angel

                “…and you have to stop filling Yixing’s shoes with food!” Kris howls. I cross my arms and pout.

                “Party pooper.” I whine; Kris face-palms. Honestly…these people have no respect for pranks.

                “Jongdae, I swear...”

                “Don’t swear Kris, there are children here.” I quip, pointing to myself with my thumbs. He gets a weird look on his face. I think his eyelid twitched. He grabs his hair and yells in frustration.

                “You….! You…!” He stops shouting and points a finger at me. “No more going anywhere without me!” My jaw drops.

                “What?”

“You heard me!” Kris throws his hands in the air.

“But why…?” I open my eyes wide, hoping puppy eyes might sway him. He steps closer to me.

“You’re uncontrollable! First you fill Baekhyun’s gloves with glue…”

“He’s a diva.”

“…and then you tie Tao into his bed.

“That was hilarious.”

“You made him cry!”

“Worth it.” Kris grabs his head in both hands.

“Now you’ve stuffed raspberries into Lay’s slippers!”

“Hey, I was nice to him. I was planning on using pudding.”

“…and that’s not even mentioning what you did you Jongin, Chanyeol, Sehun, and…” He pinches the bridge of his nose. “…dear lord why would you do that to Xiumin?” I frown and wave his words away.

“Baekhyun and Chanyeol are just being two-faced. Jongin is a wuss, and Baozi was asking for it.”

“But did you really need a whole container?”

“Yes.” Kris sighs.

“Well what about Sehun?”

“Okay, that one I do regret.” I cringe…that one did not go well. Kris huffs again.

“Anyways, the point is if you’re going to act like an infant I’m going to treat you like one.”

“But Kris…”

“No! No negotiating…from now until I say you are not allowed to go anywhere unless I am there. Got it?” I frown and look away.

“Jongdae…” he says, his tone menacing. I hold up my hands in surrender.

“Okay, sheesh!” I reply. Kris nods in satisfaction. An idea forms in the back of my mind.

“So you do mean that I have to do everything with you now, right?” He rolls his eyes.

“Yes.”

“Absolutely everything?”

“Yes.”

“You’re sure?”

“…yes.” Kris looks at me hesitantly. I just smile.

“Okay.” I chirp, trotting over to my bed and flopping onto my back. While pretending to study the celling I watch my leader out of the corner of my eye. He’s watching me intently, and when I start humming he pursues his lips.

Go ahead and think whatever you want buddy.

 Just as Kris makes up his mind to speak D.O. comes barreling into the room at full speed. He looks around for a second and then starts spazzing all around the room.

“Kris hyung! It’s a disaster! A complete disaster!” he wails. Kris grabs both of his shoulders and forces the bouncing Kyungsoo to stand still.

“What is?”

“The raspberries, they’re all gone!” He seriously looks like he’s going to cry. I feel almost guilty as Kris shoots me a look. But not really. D.O. drops his head and sighs.

“And I was going to make raspberry pie tonight…” I smirk in amusement. That dude can get worked up over the silliest things. Kris glares at me quickly before turning back to Kyungsoo.

“Do you want me to go get some more?” he asks gently. The formerly depressed cook starts bouncing again as he claps his hands in completely undignified glee.

“Yes, yes please!” he begs. Kris shakes his head, a lights grin on his face.

“Alright. I’ll leave now and be back in time for you to make a late meal, okay?” Kyungsoo nods eagerly, and scampers out of the room.

“Thank you!” he calls over his shoulder. Kris chuckles and watches him go. After a second he puts a hand on his hip and looks at me.

“Get your coat, Chen.” I don’t think lethargy has ever left my body that fast before.

“What? Why?” I yelp. Kris is already halfway out the door, but he pauses to give me an irritated look.

“Front door. Two minutes.” He closes my bedroom to leave me sitting in stunned silence. There’s an almost audible click as it hits me. I fall back onto my bed with a cry of despair.

But I don’t want to go!

 

_____________________

 

And hour and a half later we are finally standing outside the supermarket in, guess what? Freezing cold! Yay! I growl and huddle deeper into my coat. It’s unnatural for someone to be out in such cold weather. Plus, I have my voice to maintain and this can’t be good for my pipes.

With a small grunt of exertion I shift the heavy bags around to a more comfortable position. Just as we were leaving Kyungsoo had forced a gigantic roll of paper on us, announcing;

“It’s a shopping list. We’re out of a lot of things. Just grab those while you’re out, it won’t take that long.”

I roll my eyes.

Yeah right…

A couple steps ahead of me Kris moves his share of the bags to one hand so that he can search his pockets for the keys. I think he made me carry a lot more than him personally. I’m not sure he likes me. After a few moments he stops walking, muttering something under his breath. He takes several long strides off the sidewalk to a nearby picnic bench where he deposits the groceries and starts frantically digging through his pants.

I drop my bags and stare at him with my more irritated face. It’s not enough that he drags me all the way out here, but now he’s making everything take forever! I shift from foot to foot, hoping that movement will make up for my inadequate shoes.

“Come on, where are you…” he mumbles, finding yet another pocket empty. I glance around, trying to distract myself form what I’m sure is an onset of frostbite.

“Well, I tell you this…if you lost the keys, you’re going to pay for my meals while you walk back to the house and…” my tirade pauses, I could have sword I saw something hiding behind that bush.

“…and get this figured out.” Kris glares at me; I ignore him and continue watching that spot out of the corner of my eye.

“Shut up.” he snaps reaching into the inside of his coat. I grunt but say nothing else. He tilts his head and looks at me strangely.

“You okay?” I nod.

“You sure.” The bushes quiver, I tense.

“Yes.” I respond distractedly, he shrugs and goes back to his quest. A few seconds later and we are rewarded with a cheer.

“Ah-hah!” Kris shouts. “There you are!” He picks up the bags and starts back towards the van. I follow a bit slower, keeping a subtle eye out behind us. But as we keep walking I start to relax. I haven’t seen any movement in a while, so I’m pretty sure-

Suddenly I notice a figure walking just behind us on the other side of the street. I can’t make out any details but something about this person sets me on edge.

Stay cool, Jongdae. It’s probably nothing.

As we turn the corner to the street where our van is parked I glance back subtlety. What I see nearly makes me panic.

…following…us?

The figure is quickly shambling across the road and takes up a steady pace a ways behind us.

Crap…no more stalker fans! Not here.

I groan inwardly and look around for an escape route. We turn a corner, buying me some time.

No creepy stalker is following us home toni-

I stop. I glance at Kris who has started humming as he treks closer to the van.

Nononono…can’t let him know which is ours!

Then my eyes light on my savior. I smirk. And what a savior it is…I race forward and punch Kris in the arm. He sputters and rages at me.

“What are you-?”

“I have to pee.” Kris stares.

“What?”

“I have to pee.” I grab his arm and point at the restroom sign. “And you have to come with me.” He takes a step back and shakes his head.

“Are you crazy?” he cries. I cross my arms.

“You said that we have to do everything together. Your words, you said so.” A light bulb flicks on behind his eyes as he realizes how much power he has given me.

“That’s stupid, obviously there are-”

“Nope. You said everything.” I start trembling nervously. The creepy fan is getting closer; I can see the reflection in the windows. Kris looks like he’s going to argue again but I ignore him. We’re out of time.

“No buts! You made me shop; now you can watch me pee.” I drag him into the bathroom and throw him as far away from the door as I can, sliding the blot shut behind me. I hear crunching snow as the stalker walks slowly by, pausing for a moment by the door.

As I crouch with my ear pressed against the door, Kris storms over.

“You-!” The second the words leave his lips I launch up and shove a hand over his mouth, stifling the sound. Kris glares and raises a hand, but I tilt my head pointedly at the door. A light jiggle comes from the handle and his eyes widen. I silently mouth “stalker fan”. He nods nervously and I drop my hand.

For several seconds we wait in as the door is prodded. But finally, the inquires fade as the footsteps lead off towards places unknown. We both heave a sigh of relief and relax. Kris cracks a grin and looks at me.

“Well that was fun.” he remarks sarcastically. I giggle and pat his back.

“Sure.”

“Want to do it again?” I scoff.

“Sure…anytime you want to watch me pee, just ask.” We stare at each other for a second before bursting into relieved laughter. The trip back to the van and home was uneventful, although the two of us did arrive at a couple conclusions.

One, the punishment was totally not going to work and all he had done was give me a much easier way to prank. And he was asking for it so hard core. Two, Kyungsoo thinks we need way more stuff than we actually do. And three, no telling anyone else about the creepy stalker fan.

Especially Suho.

 

_________________

 

Hey everyone! I'm alive! Yay! XD

First, I super super so sorry for the wait. I've had a crazy week. First I got a second job, then my phone broke. Then my boyfriend's phone broke so we spent the last several days looking at plans. (Finally got one, loving it!) Then I had to work tons of hours at both of my jobs. (Only had one day off that I spent running errands) So yeah...basically the last few weeks have been me literally going all over the place and working like crazy.

It's been intense.

Anywho, here's chapter twelve from Chen's POV!! Did anyone guess who it was going to be correctly? I hope you all enjoy it, getting back into the plot and the crazy things! (After our one filler chapter.) What do you all think?

Also, thank you so much for subscribing and upvoting my story! It makes me so happy to get so much support on my first fic ever. XD

Alrighty! Enjoy the update, I'm off to bed because I have to get up early and I got sick tonight. :/

Cheers! See everyone in the next chapter!!

Edit:

You guys seriously need to look at this link that yuu-san (profile: http://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/156150posted. ^_^

http://www.short-haircut.com/20-short-wavy-hair-for-women.html

Try to find Suho.