My New Friend Jongup

Pain Music Love

 The next day Bang dropped Zelo, and I off at school. I could tell he really felt bad for getting into a fight with Zelo, so he was trying to make it up to him.

"Annyeong!" I waved. "Zelo, say bye..." I mumbled in his ear.

"No!" He his heel, and sped off. I gave Bang an apologetic smile before running after him.

"Yah! I promise I won't leave you today. How about we meet up for lunch?" I looped my arm through his.

"No, you have some flirting to do. Hey look there goes your guy." He said bitterly. I looked at where he was pointing, and saw Youngjae, Daehyun, Jihoon, and Jongup walking towards us. Zelo tried to hide his laughter. He wasn't the only one who noticed the giant bruise on Youngjae's eye.

"Zelo, don't be like that. C'mon give me a smile!" His frown remained on his face.

"SHUTDOWN SORRY!" He he zipped his jacket all the way up, and walked away.

"Sometimes I think he really is a robot." I huffed.

"Hey babe!" I turned around, and saw the four friends smiling at me. Daehyun's looked the most genuine. I wished Bang told me to make friends with him. That way my feelings for him could at least be justified.

"Hi." I said through gritted teeth.

"Don't say hi in that rude way you little-" Youngjae must've believed everyone that told him I was the one who knocked him out. It was hilarious to me! I couldn't control the laughter that came out of me.

"Youngjae...remember what our plan is." I heard Jongup whisper all too loudly.

"What plan?" I grinned.

"Nothing! He's talking about a project!" Jihoon defended.

"Is he really Daehyun?" I couldn't help it. I wanted to talk to him. He looked taken aback by this of course.

"....ne" He said shyly.

"Enough chit chat! Kyungmi, we came over to apologize for going into your shop, and causing trouble." Youngjae said with fake kindness. I was definitely not expecting him to say that.

"Mwoh?!"

"Yeah, I mean we were basically asking for a beating." Jongup nodded.

"...yeah I guess you were." This getting along with Jongup was going better than I thought it would.

"So everything's cool?" He stuck out his hand. Instead of shaking it I decided to bow. Who knew where his hands have been? "Yeah, we're cool." I gave him eye contact, and smiled. If Daehyun was questioning my friendliness toward Jongup, I had to explain everything to him before he misunderstood. Just then the school bell rang. Youngjae, and Jihoon scattered, and I was left with the love of my life Daehyun, and the scum of the earth Jongup.

"Oh, where's your class, I'll walk you." Jongup smiled. Seriously! Was he that gullible, or was I missing something?!

"Ani! If you're late for class one more time Mr. Hwang is going suspend you." Daehyun protested. "I'll make sure she gets there safe for you." I was surprised that he risked blowing our cover in front of Jongup.

"Guys, I'm sure the death rate of students walking through the school hallways is pretty low!"

"Ani, you're too pretty to be alone. You have no idea what some of the guys in are grade talk about when there are no girls around." Jongup grinned. "Thanks, Daehyun. Bye Kyungmi." He let my name ring off his lips like a song, and made my skin crawl at the same time. When Jongup up was out of sight Daehyun grabbed my hand, and speed walked toward my class.

"Yah! Jung Daehyun!" I freed my hand, and forced him to stop. "What's up?"

"I don't know what to do! Something bad is happening, and I don't know if I should tell you.." He sighed.

"Well if it involves me you obviously should say it!"

"There's not much time to talk today. You'll see why, just meet me under the bridge at 9 ok?" He gave me a kiss on the cheek before running off in the opposite direction from my class. I wasn't ready for that kiss. It happened so fast that I didn't even get a second to enjoy it. I was momentarily confused with what I was supposed to be doing, then the late bell snapped me out of my frozen state.

"Omo! He kissed me!" I gasped while running to class. My ears were burning, and I could feel my cheeks heat up under my fingers. I touched the spot on my face that was blessed by Daehyun's lips.