Counter play {Part 1}

Gambit

 

Hi ya!

I am late again. :/ My apologies!

Anyhow, I hope this two chapters will not be too much of a drone since I kind of ended up elaborating on everything... >.<; *bows* I tried so please forgive me if I didn't meet up to anyone of your expectations!

Thank you all for your kind comments and also the subscriptions! *hug hug*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A group of well-maintained and handsome stallion trudges up the gentle slope headed to a gloomy looking building in a distance. There is little light coming from the flickering torch, flames dying out thanks to the drizzle.

The rain was pouring like nobody’s business earlier and the group is thoroughly soaked by now. The mood is even worse as the leader of the pack never removes that constant frown and sneer on his dashing face. Repositioning up his uncomfortable raincoat, made of straw entwined together, he can feel the icy rainwater already seeping through into his garments, bypassing his armour.

“STOP!” Arriving at the gates of the intended destination, a row of man in their rain coats and broad straw hats commanded, obstructing the way. The eerie looking building seems to be getting ‘guests’ of all forms recently, from a beggar to an unidentified bunch of wanderers.

“Open up the way!” Flashing a symbol casted with gold to the guards and identifying themselves with a letter written by the owner of the building himself, the group cleared the path like how the red sea would part.

Allowing the leader of the bunch to enter with only a couple of his best escorts, the tenants of the dark building followed behind like a stalker, keeping a close watch on their every movements.

“Your majesty! The Korean emperor is here!” Spotting the shogun’s back view from a distance as the man appears to be crouching; the royal guard immediately gets down on all four and seeks his audience.

However, the mentioned man, the emperor of the neighbouring state, does not stop to pay his respect. Strutting angrily towards the shogun as the man remains unmoving, the peron spots something moving beneath the big man, as if struggling to escape.

“HYUNGIE!!!” A shrill cry at the ultrasonic wave level made everyone freeze momentarily. Then, appearing from under the shogun’s big body which was overshadowing him, a flustered Junsu that Yunho has never seen before scrambles towards where he is coming from.

“HEY!! HEY HEY HEY!! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!?!!” Charging forward after picking up speed with immediate effect, it did not take long for Yunho’s imagination to run wild.

The first sight he beheld was Junsu stuck between Yuchun and the wall, and he is not pleased. He is far from amused. Drawing his sword in an instant before any of the shogun’s royal escorts can react; Yunho lunged at the other royalty.

Yuchun counters as he stands half kneeling, as if proposing, with both arms and a gleaming katana raise to block the attacker’s heavy word from ascending onto him. “YOU BEAST!!” Swearing furiously at the shogun, the Korean emperor removed one hand from his hilt and placed it protectively around Junsu’s narrow shoulders.

Then, withdrawing his sword and retreating to the far end corner with his little brother in tow, Yunho cast everything aside to check on the young lad. Rubbing his hands on the thin layer of white powder that still lines Junsu’s rosy cheeks, the older man examined him for bruises or any form of scars.

“Hyungie!!!” Hugging Yunho tightly till his fingers are almost clawing into his brother’s skin through the clothes, the latter hid his face from Yuchun’s sight. This reaction on Junsu’s part provoked Yunho further and he found himself glaring daggers at the cool man standing with his arms crossed.

“Big baby.” The shogun smirked and said in Japanese, clacking his tongue, an annoying habit that Yunho deems as the purest form of disregard for him. “He needs to grow up.” Yuchun continued and even his tongue causing Yunho to blow up again.

“WHAT GIVES YOU THE DAMN RIGHTS TO TOUCH HIM!!!” Yunho responded in a foreign language, pushing Junsu behind him to hide the shorter person instinctively, he is aware that his brother is very inappropriately dressed. With bathrobe-like loosely at the trunk and shoulders, Yunho knows what Yuchun and the rest of the man are staring at.

“DON’T LOOK!!” Shielding Junsu and sulking as he tries to figure out the mechanisms of the kimono himself, the Korean emperor quickly removed his own cape and wrapped his little flower of a brother in it instead.

“How surprising.” “Didn’t Jejung show you how to wear a kimono?” Yuchun said in Korean at last and chuckled, insinuating something else and Yunho quickly covered his sibling’s small ears. “I can now see you only know how to unravel the kimono…” “But that’s alright. I understand.”

“YAH!!” “SHUT YOUR TRAP!!” Yunho blustered and almost suffocated Junsu in his embrace, covering the eyes, nose and mouth in the process of muffling his ears.

“How is he going to please me with you babying him like that?” Yuchun dissed Yunho again in Japanese and the Korean emperor can feel his blood pressure spiking once more.

“I AM TAKING HIM HOME!!” Growling at Yuchun’s not-so-subtle message about the topic he is unwilling to expose his brother to yet, Yunho is bent on taking Junsu home.

“Well… I feel kind of bad for you… but you are in my territory right now so I give you your options.” “Only one of you can leave.” Yuchun made his point loud and clear causing Yunho to back away dramatically, with Junsu behind him now.

“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about!” Sticking his head out from behind Yunho’s back, the young prince interjected and Yuchun smiled at the innocent response, since no one would dare to speak up when he is bickering with the other man.

“YAH! JUNSU!! LOOK AT HIM!” “DOES HE LOOK LIKE HE WANTS TO TALK!?” Pushing the small head back to where it belongs, Yunho cleared his throat and puffed out his chest, like an animalistic act of territorial display. “AHEM.”

“Let me make things a little clearer for you.” Yunho said awkwardly in Japanese just to feel an irritating tug at his waist band. “Hyungie! I can’t understand what you are talking about…” Poking at Yunho with an ever so adorable pout, the Korean emperor felt like throwing up blood, seeing the younger one behave like that. Junsu wouldn’t stand a chance against the entire palace full of wolves, with Yuchun being the ‘biggest-baddest’ of them all.

“Yah! Don’t interrupt me!” Dismissing Junsu crudely, Yunho cleared his throat again and started. “This is it.” “My final offer.” “Can’t we just…?”

“No.” Yuchun replied and Yunho retorted instantaneously. “Half!”

“No.” Yuchun spoke with a flat tone.

“Three quarter!!” “Come on man!” “This stupid bargaining has to end!” Yunho pleaded.

“No.” “You are the only one bargaining here.” Yuchun smirked and signalled for his escorts to attend to his ‘esteemed’ guests. “Prepare the guest room.” The subordinates nodded and did as they were told.

“COME ON MAN!” “Look at him!” “He is not even… not even… matured enough!” Yunho hesitated as he tried to look for the right word to describe Junsu, trying to dissuade Yuchun from marrying the latter. The younger one only hid behind him, lost in translation, big lovely puppy eyes glowing.

“He. Is just fine.” Yuchun straightened his own garments and turned to leave. “I got an ugly duckling this morning but he has somehow turned out to a swan.” “It’s interesting and I like him.” Yuchun concluded, leaving Yunho dumbfounded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV from Junsu

I finally met the quiet hyung’s hyung. They are equally quiet except the hyung’s hyung is fiercer. He is also very rude and irritating.

He wouldn’t allow me to talk and his body guards are as bad as he is! They keep hitting me and pushing me to the ground and I don’t like that! Who would right? I just want to discuss matters with him but how do I do that if I am always kissing the ground before I can start?

I almost ate an earthworm earlier thanks to them. Yuck.

Where was I?

Oh right. I can totally understand why the quiet hyung is so… quiet. He never opens his mouth and I think that’s because his hyung does not like him to speak… just like how he does not allow me to.

He is such a big fat bully and I don’t like bullies like him!!

Luckily for me, hyungie came to the rescue when he was looking at me weird and doing stupid things. My hyung is a hero! Unlike him!

I bet he treats the quiet hyung like that also and someone needs to teach him a lesson!!

I have been doing a lot of thinking and I think I know what to do! I will let him have a taste of his own medicine and then he will be scared of me and then he will let me and hyungie go back and then he will stop pressurising hyungie to listen to him and then he will…

And then he will let quiet hyung go home. But I don’t think quiet hyung will want to come back to this place. This house is so uncomfortable to live in. He can stay with us if he wants! I can show him all my pets!

But he doesn’t understand what I am saying… and I don’t think I will understand what he is saying also. Hyungie can be the translator.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giggling to himself as he huddles up under the warm futon, Junsu does not get the situation at all. Only Yunho is brooding in one corner of the room, seated like ‘the thinker’ and frowning handsomely.

“Yunno!” Skipping out of bed after finally ridding himself of the uncomfortable kimono, running around only in his inner wear, the young lad pounced on the big man. Startled by the over cheerful squeal, the older man sighed even deeper, burying his face in his palms.

“Junsu yah!” “Stop jumping around and come here!” Patting the space beside him, Yunho’s tone is almost warning. In the big spacious room containing only a single oversized bedding and nothing else, like any typical ancient Japanese lodging, Junsu is unaware that this is the last night he is going to spend his family.

“Junsu yah…” the innocent young thing on the head and almost earning a soft purr, it breaks Yunho’s heart to have to let Junsu down, since he is the eternal hero to the younger one. “Hyung can’t bring you back home tomorrow…”

“I know.” “But I will do something bad to him and he will let me go home!” “I will make him so angry that he chases me out!” Junsu spits out his plans, warbling on mindlessly. Like Yunho, he thinks he can deter the other using that method. They are equally naïve.

“THAT’S A GREAT IDEA!!” “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?!” Beaming like an idiot, just like how Junsu was b with pride, Yunho totally buys the idea himself. “But what if he doesn’t chase you out?” Yunho snaps back to reality and askes his brother dumbly.

“I will just keep irritating him until he doesn’t want to see me ever again.” Junsu replied nonchalantly and rolled over to the bedding again, burying himself underneath it.

“Yunno! Help me take care of the pets until I come back…” Snuggling up beside the big man as he retires to the younger one’s side, Junsu rarely have one to one time with Yunho either and this is an opportunity for the brothers to catch up.

Chatting the whole night away about their parents as well as what they have been up to all this while, neither of them brought up the pending departure of the older man the next evening, after Junsu’s wedding, unwilling to accept that they are embroiled in Yuchun’s selfish endeavours.

Moving the topic on to Junsu’s pets, Yunho found his younger brother dozing off cutely, full pinkish lips parted as his pretty lashes flutter. The young latter’s image is a photocopy of their mother and he found himself missing his parents badly. Tired of being caught up with so much decision makings and having the entire nation’s livelihood resting on his shoulders, he genuinely needed someone to share the responsibility with. Even though he reckons that his own shoulders are broad and reliable.

With Junsu’s pending marriage to the rivalling emperor, his only hope for any kind of future support is crushed.

Emptiness, loneliness and lack of self-actualisation despite already being the most important person in his country never left him. He will eventually need someone to lean on one day.

TBC

Please do comment and subscribe! *bows bows*