King hunt {Part 2}

Gambit

Flashback…

Yuchun was almost there with Junsu, with the boy’s body pressed so sensually against his own. The shogun was already incredibly aroused and helping himself to the boy. However, all that had to be paused for the sake of an ‘emergency’ which he doesn’t even consider as one. The disgruntled man also needed a painfully long moment to stop himself and he has never felt so dissatisfied in his life.

Leaving the cowering person as he leaves, he even turned around and assured the boy that he will be back to finish whatever he started. The latter was so mortified that he does not even crawl under the bedding to escape the lust filled gaze. Simply sitting there with his ‘rags’ hanging off his shoulder, skin and jaws wet with saliva, looking all edible.

However, as soon as he hears the sound of the carriage containing the shogun pulling out, the boy is on the ball again. Not even bothering to change out of his torn garment, the boy escaped through the window. Running on the roof till he reaches the other side of the building, Junsu reckons he would make a very good ninja.

Then, squeezing himself through the small slit of an open window in the other side of the building, Junsu managed to abscond from under the watchful eyes of the palace patrols. By the time the servants were back to clean him up, he is gone with the wind, barefooted and barely dressed.

Junsu wouldn’t usually escape for real, in fear of implicating his brother, but Yuchun is apparently being too much of a scare. He is scared stiff by the man and he is not adapted to leaving under such conditions. Being trapped within the walls of the palace and hardly able to catch his breath, the young prince is too accustomed to roaming around freely and feels like he is already suffocating though not literally.

The carefree soul is determined to get away this time. Even if it means he would be caught and deported back to this hellish place, he wanted to go home and get a breather at least. He had never wanted to be freed so badly that he would give anything just to disappear from the shogun’s memory, yet he knows his tormentor would not rest till he is done driving him nuts. The latter even considered acting like a lunatic but isn’t sure how far he needed to go to be convincing.

Running into the same gaming zone, Junsu ended up leaving behind the only coat he has on his back as distraction for the hunting dogs hot on his heels, before climbing up another tree to get away from them. Cursing at his bad luck since all he ever did at nineteen years of age is nonstop running, the prince wondered about his future.

Seeing the torches go off in the wrong direction, the latter heaved a sigh of relief and jumped off the lower branches, darting off in another direction. He did end up getting lost at some point but sheer will power and determination had somehow brought him down the correct shortcut leading to the harbour, headed for home.

Smuggling himself onto the bigger boats by hiding in one of the trunks filled with dried goods, the prince sought warmth from the cold night by slipping in between the big burlap bags filled with grains. Rethinking his life and wondering how his turned out so drama filled and ‘exciting’, he suddenly wishes that his name isn’t Junsu.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV from Junsu

I can’t stay there any longer!! I might just go crazy soon!!

He tried to attack me that day… but luckily something happened and he had to go somewhere. I don’t know what is going on because I can’t understand what the other man was saying but at least he hadn’t returned after he left. So I had enough time to escape.

When is he coming back? He did specifically say in the language I understood… “We will continue when I return.” What did he mean by continue and what does he wish to continue? I sort of know what he means but I won’t accept it!

I’m so scared… I was scared when I first came here but all he ever did was simple bullying. He only teased me and poked fun at me but he was never violent or anything. He never threatened me either but he finally showed the true side of himself this time and I should’ve known that this day will arrive.

He is really as evil as they say he is. The thing he said about making people commit suicide! I cannot imagine him doing that yet I can imagine him doing it… you know… like I don’t even know how to explain this!

He is the evilest guy I have ever met!! He bullied hyungie, he bullied that beautiful hyung. He bullied me and now he even wants to end me. He was just never serious about killing me before but now I think he is. I can feel it in my bones! Though my gut feelings are not usually accurate, I think I have made him angry enough to want to kill me!!

What do I do now?! Hyungie can’t save me! He will get implicated too and I don’t want that!! I really only wanted to make him angry enough to send me home! I never thought he would be pissed off enough to want my life.

I want to go home…

Be brave Junsu! Be brave!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is another new day by the time the boat ferrying the young prince arrives at the harbour of his intended destination. The sun is out though still dim and glowing lazily and most of the crew are still resting. As the boat only carries food stock, there were minimal movements since the unloading hasn’t officially started.

From within the shadows, a small figure darted out and hid in the darker corners of the boat, watching the few burly man work as they yawn. Forgetting to feel tired since the smell of the damp earth on the shore nearby is reminding him of home and that is making him all excitable. The mousy person ran and hid beside the crate nearest to the exit, hoping the crew will start their work soon.

His wish is granted as a dozen men finally wakes, taking their time to stretch as they get down to business. Sneaking into the crate beside him when he sees four men approaching, the person waited for the long awaited landing as the box he seeks refuge in finally touches down on solid ground.

Then, popping open the loose cover, the person started to sprint off in the only direction he knew to go. He had travelled down to this particular harbour a couple of times and he is hoping he did be able to find his way around. Taking the ‘short cut’, the person entered the nearest forest, making good time by trekking uphill where the palace- his home will most likely be.

in a deep breath and spinning around in circles, the latter dig his bare feet into the cold soil and stayed there for a while. Freedom never felt so good in his life and he is finally at peace with himself. Making a note to himself that he will need roughly two full day of non-stop travelling on foot to reach home, the person braced himself for a long journey.

Wrapping his arms around himself when the wind brushes against his bare shoulders, the latter trudged on eagerly through the gloomy forest. Nevertheless, the journey is still too perilous when one is barefooted and half freezing to death. To add on to it, he is lost again in the maze like back drop.

Giving up on his crazy ambition to be a lone traveller, the latter started searching the small roads for signs of human presence, to hopefully hitch a ride back into the capital. The person beamed upon seeing an old man on a horse cart, ferrying a stack of chopped up wood down a dusty road nearby.

“Ahjussi stop!!” Bursting out of the bushes and running in front of the slow moving transportation, the person smiled widely as he approaches the stunned old man. Running up to the person seated on his shabby looking cart, the younger one smiled a wide one at the soft hearted older person.

“Are going into town?” The smaller person’s shrill voice made him look even more adorable. The old man nodded slowly with a small frown on his face, disapproving of the clothes the latter is wearing since the younger one is still dressed in a messily done and torn kimono.

“Can I hitch a ride?” The smaller person continued chattering in their language and the man is perplexed, wondering why a Japanese would speak his language so fluently, or even appear out of nowhere in the middle of the forest.

“You want to go into the capital?” The old man asked, trying to figure out if the person is a male or female. The latter nodded continuously so the old man signalled for him to hop on.

“Where in town girl?” The person decides to go with the safest bet for the gender. “It’s dangerous for a young lady like you to be wandering around in the forest you know.” The old man reprimanded the lad briefly.

“Ahjussi! I am male! My name is Junsu!” The person laughed and clambered to sit beside the kindly old man like they have been friends since forever. The latter is naturally less of a bashful person after all.

“And I’m going to the palace.” The younger one proclaimed causing the old man to stare at him with an even more concerned face. As if trying to figure out the reason why he finds the name rather familiar, the old man finally remembered.

In the meantime…

Seated within a narrow cage like prison cell with thick solid wooden posts for the bars, the captive hang his head in thoughts, considerations and rational thinking finally having ample time to run through his head. Calculating his odds and the possibilities, the person flinches when accidentally rubbing the red ropes holding his hands together on the wound at his shoulder.

The stinging pain jolted him from the momentary trance and he realises that he is still bleeding. In fact, there isn’t a part of him that is left unscathed. He had been through a fair amount of interrogation and those sessions as we all know, contains some form of torture.

The captive was fully aware of what is to come when he saw the chair and all those sinister looking tools hanging around earlier. He was stronger than they thought since the previous shogun had taught him well. Able to take a great amount of pain, the captive remained silent throughout; adamant on upholding the ‘fact’ that he only speaks Japanese. His persistence paid off and his tormentors had no choice but to let him off, for now.

The wound in his leg inflicted by the arrow heads does not prove any difficulty for him in mobilising. None of the bruises he had sustained is enough to stop him from rampaging if he wanted to, but he is reluctant to do so. Even if he needed to, he has to pick the right time to do so. Now, he only needs to survive the interrogation.

“Bring him out.” Another round of interrogation came just after lunch was served. He didn’t take a bite though, choosing to sit like a statue the whole time.

Feeling two pairs of strong hands hauling him out roughly by the ropes, the captive only paid attention to the details of the prison surroundings. Taking in the directions in which the exits are located, and the different routes in which he might have to take later, the prisoner has a brilliant mind of an achiever after all.

Strapping him down onto the same dreaded chair, the captive took a good long look at the familiar surroundings and closes his eyes once again.

“Jejung dono. We ask for your cooperation as we do not want to hurt you any further.” A fluent sentence in Japanese got the captive opening his pretty eyes to check out the person speaking. However, before even acknowledging the speaker, he had shut his eyelids again, full pallid lips still sealed tightly.

The subsequent drubbings he received were a lot more merciless compared to ones in the morning, but he sought comfort in believing that he can still endure a lot more. The man who speaks the language he ‘understands’ wouldn’t stop harping on the confession topic but the prisoner is not planning on giving one.

Feeling the paddle-end wooden cudgel crack down on his thighs for the umpteenth time, the prisoner had to chew on the inside of his cheeks for the first time since his left leg is somehow hurting really badly. He quickly understands that his tormentors might have fracture a big bone there and though he had prior experiences with fractures before, he knows which bone is vital if he wants to carry out his final plan.

The night spent in imprisonment and self-reflection made him come to a conclusion that he still has a way to end the king, and in a way which would ensure his success. Asides from poisoning the man that is. This move involves something more drastic and inclines towards something close to self-destruction.

“I will talk.” “But only with him around.” The captive spoke for the first time.

TBC

Please do comment and subscribe~ *bows*