King hunt {Part 1}

Gambit

Hiya ^.^

Here is an update.

I hope this update does not end up becoming an anti- as opposed to it's purpose.

Yoosu up next for the next update, please bear with me.

Do stay and read tho.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Catch him!!” “We need him alive!!” Brandishing their bows and arrows since Jejung is running much faster than any of them, none of the archers dared to take a shot. This is an order from Yunho: to spare the assassin.

A man on horseback then swiftly overtakes them and was nearing the wanted person when the fleeing person suddenly stops in his tracks, turning around to face his pursuers instead. The rider on horseback also slows down and takes his time to study the dangerous young man from afar. A little distracted by how pretty the latter looks under the shimmering moonlight, with dazzling long tresses fluttering in the wind.

Jejung knows he is neither prepared nor expected that he would end up in this kind of situation. The attack on Yunho was guided by impulse and mostly out of desperation. He had to do something the moment the king got suspicious. Jejung simply cannot risk having Yunho confront Yuchun since that would mean he had failed and only god knows how complicated things will get and it would all be his fault.

Yet, he did nothing but make one blunder after another, and at the most crucial moments. He cannot ignore the mocking leer either, present whenever Yunho looks at him. That is unnerving and putting him down. Though it’s no doubt that the king only continually sneered at him, but Jejung is feeling terribly much like a loser.

The flight instinct has also been doing awful things to him and Jejung can hardly think rationally. The prince would’ve opted to kill himself but that would only cause Yoochun to appear more suspicious. Knowing that he had fallen at the first hurdle as expected, the despondent prince wondered if he should just take the blame for everything. It did not take him long to make a decision.

Allowing himself to be surrounded even though he is perfectly capable of escaping unscathed, Jejung had to garner a whole lot of courage to stop himself from running and face the music. As if stunned by his sudden halt, no one dared to close in on him. Their reactions only made Jejung feel even lousier since he does not wish to be demoted and branded a ferocious untamed wild animal on the loose. He knows that is how everyone sees him now, even though they had been rather friendly around him previously.

Standing his ground, shoulders shuddering rather visibly, Jejung finally lifted his head to look at Yunho on his own accord. Pulling out a string and tying his hair with it, Jejung tidied himself up while the entire troop of palace soldiers watches on.

A single arrow is shot at him when he reaches for his waist, even though he was merely planning on tightening the loose makeshift obi there. Out of reflex, Jejung dodges. This is the cue for more arrows as Yunho observes him dumbly. Jejung simply dodged them as well. Dodging arrows were the most basic course for beginners when training with their father.

Seeing the archers poised to kill, Yunho quickly stops them. However, whenever Jejung moved a muscle, a soldier would launch an arrow. The king is pissed at everyone at the moment but he can understand their fear. Jejung isn’t one to be trifled with.

“Oniisama… he doesn’t know about this.” Jejung spoke at last, when the atmosphere is more or less settled. Yunho guffawed.

The prince anticipated that reaction and looks at his hands briefly, before lurching forward, taking out one of the soldiers and grabbing the man’s weapon. Seeing the comrade fall, the rest lunged at him and Jejung ended up fighting them.

Yunho was feeling torn about breaking up the fight but decided that he stands to gain nothing if Jejung lives. Taking the opportunity to move in for the capture, since all his best fighters are now engaging the person, Yunho is surprised when he himself feels somehow reluctant to wound the latter in any ways.

Greatly frustrated, Jejung took it out on Yunho and somehow, the tables are turned again with Jejung holding the king hostage. Clutching Yunho close to him with a blade positioned right beside the man’s carotid, the prince managed to make every soldier nearby back off in surrender.

“Don’t you dare tell me that Yuchun did not send you!” Yunho scoffed, half chuckling as he allows Jejung to hold him by the neck.

“Think whatever you want but I only speak the truth.” “I have a simple wish to help oniisama become stronger and you just happen to be in the way! Can’t blame me for wanting you dead. ” Jejung does not know where that came from and Yunho knows Jejung is just making things up as they go. The prince’s voice is quivering and his skinny hands are trembling as well. A truly pathetic sight and so Jejung concludes.

“Well… You are so bad at lying.” “I really can’t fathom why he would send you… I did say he sent a bad one this time.” Yunho taunted and Jejung remained silent.

“Does he know you are these weak?” Yunho asked with an amused tone. Jejung is bemused. Tightening his grip on the man’s thick neck, the prince wanted badly to drive the blade into the tone flesh there, but that is not going to happen as long as he is still Jejung. The prince waited and waited for the so-called other side to emerge, like how Yuchun and his father claims there will be, but there is only one Jejung.

“Of course he knows I’m weak so there is no way he would’ve sent me.” “I overestimated myself.” Jejung alleged firmly, almost a little pleadingly.

“Huh. I wasn’t born yesterday.” Yunho quipped.

“I will not hurt you if you promise not to confront him because of this.” Jejung bargained, hoping he can somehow figure a way out of this.

“Oh please. You wouldn’t hurt me even if I were to blow this matter up.” Yunho replied confidently, appearing too pleased for someone who is hostage and whose life balancing on a scale.

“Which is why I am saying that he sent a really weak one.” “You have never killed before have you?” Yunho mocked and anger stirred within Jejung at last. Nonetheless, there is nothing strong enough to make his hands budge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV from Jejung

This is it. I screwed up. I should have known that it was too good to be true when everything is going as planned.

The defining moment is here and I screwed it upside down just like how I expect I would. Outstanding.

Why was I so careless? Why did I bring those things around with me anyway? What is the problem with him anyway! Doing random things like that!

My life is always really a big fat mess to begin with. I can’t even start to illustrate how frustrating it is when you cannot get things done. No matter how hard you try. The body and everything else belongs to me… but since it’s my body, why can’t I make it cooperate with me!?

It’s not even the sight of blood that is deterring me. Then what is it?!

It’s definitely not because he is a good guy. It’s definitely not because he doesn’t really deserve to die. It is not even about me, not wanting to die anymore.

I slipped up again and again. I wanted the easy way out but obviously otosama is watching from above and does not want me to do things like a craven fella. Why does he have to interfere anyway? He is already dead! Can’t he just refrain from messing me up like that?

The feeling that you know you definitely cannot fail, yet you are flopping even faster than you anticipated is really terrible. If I don’t finish him off now, he will blame it on oniisama and things are going to get really ugly. That should be enough reason for me to move in for the kill, but apparently not.

Then no matter how I try to convince him that I would really end him, he is not buying it. I proposed a consensus but apparently, I’m not even worthy enough for a deal… He really is too over confident. How I wish I can have half of oniisama’s traits!! This man here is making my life really difficult and it that I can only sit in a corner and wallow, but I can’t even do that anymore.

I’m so sick of this! Day in day out! Thinking about the mission and scaring myself to sleep then scaring myself awake. I’m tired. Can I just run away and let oniisama clean up after me?

This will be the first time he cleans up after me right? I have always been a good sport. I’m sure he would understand and I hope he can forgive me for being the weak me.

He wouldn’t. I don’t want to lose the only family I have. What a joke… to care about all this when I am the one who is probably going to die.

JEJUNG!! JUST DO IT YOU COWARD!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oniisama has nothing to do with this.” Muttering under his breath as if chanting, Jejung finally release his hold on Yunho.

“Heh. He miscalculated by sending such a weak assassin.” “It’s too bad.” Yunho laughed as he rotates his neck, stepping away from Jejung.

“I can do this!! I will kill you!!” Screaming for the first time, exasperated and looking all determined, even Yunho is shocked by the prince’s outburst. Jejung does not actually have a temper so this outburst is rare and unusually powerful. Plucking up all rudiments of courage and lashing out violently as he jumps at the king again, the prince finally gave up for good when his dagger could only graze on the king’s chest, elbow locked.

Sulking loudly before throwing the dagger in his hand away and retreating, he kept his eyes fixated on the main gate as it remains tightly shut. Running towards it, Jejung leapt and scaled the rather tall wall like a seasoned rock wall climber. However, before he can reach the top of the wall, an arrow is shot right at his calf, somewhere above the heel.

“Do not kill him!!” Yunho’s order rang out in the cold windy night but another arrow is already launched, embedding itself below his shoulder blades.

Unable to hold out, Jejung falls into a heap on the ground below. Bleeding as the wounds tear open a little due to the plunge, the prince does not even bother to staunch the bleeding. The escorts move in for the arrest without hesitation, pinning him to the ground mercilessly as they bound his limbs tightly.

Looking at the ground the whole time as they drag him across the courtyard and into the holding area for criminals, Jejung does not resist. his eyes shut as he tries to think about the next step.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile… back in Japan

It is also nightfall by the time a group of people arrive at the front a gloomy looking palace. The skies are dark and the clouds are looming with a pending thunderstorm.

Entering the warmth of his palace where the long endless corridors are lit by the flickering lights emitted from the lamps, the most well-dressed of them breaks off from the group and makes his way up the stairs. Skimming across the bamboo flooring with stealth and precision, the man made his way back into his room with a bunch of servants tailing close behind.

Taking a deep breath just as he reaches the door, the man waited for the escorting guards to open them for him, but they only remained plastered to the ground. As if having something they desperately need to report to the man, they were peering at one another nervously, obviously shivering.

“What is it?” The man raised an eyebrow and asked, turning to face them.

“Sire!” “Please accept your humble servants’ apologises!” The trio said in unison but the man’s face remained poker. His silence is cue enough for them to speak up. The man is not known for his patience and he does not like to be kept in the dark, waiting for answers.

“Sire. The queen is missing…” Only one man spoke up this time and the rest held their breath. The man only purses his lips, taking a long look around him, at the neat row of heads bobbling near the ground.

“He is gone again and we are still in the midst of searching.” They do not even bother to offer an explanation. No one wants to be blamed for trying to shirk the responsibilities, so as not to offend the man further. It is really up to the man’s mood. If he is feeling generous, no one has to die, but if he isn’t feeling forgiving, that is really just too bad.

Sulking once, the man threw the door open and entered, slamming it shut in the servants’ faces. Leaving them to decide what they want to do to themselves to atone for losing the person under their watch, the man uses this method to avoid staining his own hands with their blood. Or rather, this is how he explains it. The servants involved will usually either resign and leave the palace or sometimes even kill themselves if the situation calls for it.

The man will not bother to follow up on what they did to themselves as long as they disappear from his sight when he emerges from his room again.

Sitting in silent meditation as he tries to take his mind of the time when he almost had the person he wanted to hold so badly. Keeping himself from reminiscing about that person’s lovely face and exquisite features, those wondrous curves on his body, and that ridiculously supple and velvety feel of his skin.

The weak candle glow is making the man’s foul mood even worse since he was reminded of how he had to stop even though groin was aching with such overflowing needs back then. Nothing beats having to stop in the middle of a hanky panky and that is partially the reason for his unusually obnoxious behaviour at the gathering he had just returned from.

He can’t help it with the offensive words and actions back then since it did take him an awfully long time to settle down that stimulated reproductive organ. Returning to a vacant bedroom meant he is not getting the release he need anytime soon and he is ually frustrated. He would rather die than admit it.

TBC

Please do comment and subscribe~ *bows*