Clearance sacrifice

Gambit

Hiya ^^

An update for this fic too.

Please do stay and read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entering the Chinese palace courtyard which is bustling with life, a poker face Yunho is met with an usher. The servant quickly led the honoured guest to his seat below a ceremonial tent. This kind of meeting is usually large scale and involves many other emperors and feudal lords hence the lavish back drop.

Looking around himself, Yunho can tell that most of the alliance members are already present. With the exception of one, which he was hoping will sit as far away from him as possible. Sulking upon realisation that he will not only sit beside Yuchun, but also share a table with the man, the Korean emperor wishes he had sent Jejung indeed. After all, some of the guests were ladies, mothers or wives of the important guest they represent.

Sitting right across him is a group of rather chatty old men as they act all chummy around one another. It is obvious that they are so-called ‘family’ now since their kids are hitched to one another so Yunho wouldn’t even bother to comment on how they are being very hypocritical since they don’t even bother to hide that fact.

Spotting a familiar silhouette heading his direction, Yunho started to tense up. Eyeing the figure as the person removes his coat and hands it to his escorts parked outside, Yunho found the content in his wine cup spilling over since he was clutching it so tightly.

Not bothering to greet Yuchun the moment the man arrives settles down beside him, Yunho looked away and pretended to be interested in the other guests’ conversations. However, spotting Yuchun is cue for them to shut their trap and their incessant bragging. Yuchun is top dog for crowd control and the Korean emperor can’t deny that.

“Well isn’t that Yunho and Yuchun?” “I heard you two are incredibly close now.” An irritating old man finally butts in just as Yunho is about to swallow his tenth cup. Yuchun does not react but his Korean counterpart is dragged off into a conversation.

Trying to pacify the man, Yunho is seriously turned off by the indifferent Yuchun who would only look at him with the corner of his eyes. He is a good leader who can please crowds whereas Yuchun would be the black sheep, never saying much, entire being encompassing the lone wolf characteristics. The Shogun does not even bother to smile most of the time, making him appear difficult. He IS a difficult person after all.

“Why don’t you two toast?” Another old man suggested just as Yunho is finally about to end off their lengthy conversation. Looking at the two much younger men with a mocking expression, only Yuchun can tell Yunho feels like flattening the old man’s nose. Forcing a smile, the Korean emperor held up his cup and waved it around a little.

Then, nodding his head at Yuchun, Yunho smiled even wider and signalled for the shogun to pick up his own cup. “Have you and your queen been well?” Yunho croaked unnaturally and cleared his throat. Easing his constipated face, Yunho wanted badly to interrogate Yuchun about how he had been treating Junsu, but the situation calls for professionalism and class. He will make do.

Yuchun does not answer but there is a wry grin and Yunho felt his heart sink. “… Ah. I see both of you are well…” Yunho forced another smile and Yuchun chuckled a little.

“Aren’t you going to reply?” Yunho mouthed to Yuchun and the shogun got the question.

“Cheers.” Speaking coldly as he touches his cup against Yunho’s, the shogun drank up, purposely disregarding the Korean emperor. Yunho can feel his patience wearing dangerously thin but there is no room for any discussion, literally, since they are now the centre of attention.

Thankful when the meeting finally starts with the blowing of the horn, Yunho simply sat stiffly beside Yuchun. Nothing was exchanged between the two as they watch the hullabaloo go on. Yuchun does not even bother to speak whenever they were asked to give their opinions, sitting there with an immensely annoyed look on his face. Pretending to be the hollow man, Yunho ended up constantly speaking in his stead, which everyone present finds amusing.

“Just get rid of him if he is an incompetent troublemaker.” By the time the Chinese court ministers were summoned to speak, Yuchun had lost his patience altogether and launched a silver chopstick into the soon to be ex-Chinese emperor’s shoulder. Everyone is aghast, especially Yunho.

Standing up and staring Yuchun down, the rest of the guests quickly rush aside to avoid sitting too close to the mad man, like he a plague of sorts. “Are you all dumb? If he started everything, just dethrone him. That will void all of his empty promises.” Yuchun spoke with such a derisive and insensitive tone that everyone can’t help but ‘marvel’ at his style of leadership. They are not looking at him with admiration though, thoroughly appalled by his outburst.

“If you would excuse me now.” “I am a busy man.” Yuchun then got up to leave.

“Yah! We haven’t reached a conclusion yet!” Whispering loudly to him, Yunho quickly stood up with the intention to salvage the ‘relationship’ between Japan and everywhere else. Not that Yuchun cared. Through the loud disapproving clearing of throats, the Korean emperor can hear and sense the displeasure as the group glares at the both of them.

Cursing under his breath since everyone from the alliance seems to think that Yunho and Yuchun are now a single entity. Yunho knows he has to do something before they start asking for an apology. Yuchun will not hesitate to wreak havoc or kill everyone there and Yunho still looks forward to heading home early for some rest.

“Yuchun dono has a point.” Yunho chipped in.

“We will help the Chinese court ministers change the emperor. Thereafter, we hand the man over to our Mongolian friends. They can thrash things out with him from then on.” Yunho spoke carefully, rephrasing Yuchun’s not so suggestive suggestion from earlier. At least there is no violence involved when Yunho is speaking.

“That was what Yuchun dono meant I believe…” “He must’ve been tired dealing with my brother. That kid can be a handful.” Yunho appeased the crowd with a not so direct ‘joke’.

The crowd went “oooo” and Yunho can feel his heart ache at the mention of Junsu. Looking at Yuchun, furious at the man, Yunho managed to inject some laughter into the suffocating atmosphere. No one is hurting as much as Yunho yet he is the one laughing the loudest.

“He is.” “I had fun taming him.” Yuchun smiled a ‘genial’ one at last and smirked at Yunho. The shogun’s mood was sour earlier and he decided to take it out on Yunho, his way. This comment made Yunho choke on his drink and his stomach dropped as well. Summoning the best chortle he can, the Korean emperor patted Yuchun on the shoulder and said through clenched jaws “It must have been hard on you.”

“He was crying out to you for help.” “Such melodious sounds he makes.” Yuchun added in a hushed voice, looking all smug, and Yunho had to use up two decades worth of self-control to prevent himself from walloping the shogun there and then. In fact, he was trying so hard that the veins on his flushed tempers are showing. This made Yuchun eerily elated. He missed tormenting Yunho and Yunho knows that.

“I see.” Yunho replied with a hoarse voice and excused himself. He is bursting with rage and another minute with Yuchun would possibly drive him nuts.

After a short while, the meeting ended, much to the relief of every guest present. The Chinese emperor is replaced with the help of the alliance and the antagonists- the Mongolians had to step down since there was nothing much they could do. Bringing the expired emperor whom Yuchun had injured earlier with them, his fate is clearly sealed.

The meeting was successful and ended on a happy note. No one noticed the strained relationship present between Yunho and Yuchun as they depart. The Korean emperor is seething and if it was cold enough, you did actually seem fumes exiting both his ears. Yuchun is amused, but most importantly, this meeting had given him an epiphany of sorts.

Yuchun is finally approving of his enemy for the first time. Yunho is born to be a crowd pleaser, as Yuchun concludes and he still needs the Korean emperor to clean up after him in this kind of meetings in future.

Yuchun knows he has an advantage since everyone thinks he and Yunho are on now good terms. None of the other alliance members dared to pick a bone with him this time around and he can tell that with Yunho present, their voices seemed somewhat louder. He needed Yunho around for now. It is not time for him to assassinate Yunho. Yet. That was what Yuchun told himself.

After all, if Jejung did fail the mission, and ends up particularly drawing attention to Yuchun, the consequence might not be as simple as an alliance meeting. It is too troublesome and Yuchun is too distracted of late, to do anything radical.

“Abolish mission.” Whispering into his trusty messenger’s ear, Yuchun sent the man packing to seek Jejung. All the man needed to tell the Japanese prince is these two words, which Yuchun believes Jejung had been dying to hear from him since the beginning of time.

Walking back to his horse, Yuchun is met with a very enraged Yunho. The Korean emperor was already on his own horse, cantering around Yuchun’s own. The shogun did not bother to show the tiniest bit of respect to Yunho once again, but that isn’t the reason for the man’s rage.

“We need to talk.” The furious Korean emperor reined in his stallion and stared Yuchun down.

“What for?” Yuchun grinned and got onto his own horse.

“My brother! What did you do to him?!” Yunho confronted the man head on, grabbing Yuchun by the collar as they rode side by side. The shogun allowed it.

“Nothing much.” “I did what a man would do with his wife.” Yuchun smiled with innocent pretence and Yunho blew his top.

“I THOUGHT WE HAD A DEAL!!” “I DON’T TOUCH YOUR BROTHER, YOU DON’T TOUCH MINE!!!” Hollering since they are already out in the open woods, Yunho shoved the shogun and was ready to issue a punch when Yuchun stops him with a finger on the fist.

“I didn’t know we had a deal.” “You should feel honoured that I liked him enough even though he is male.” Yuchun hissed and Yunho spat at him with a look of disdain.

“He is only a kid!! What is wrong with you!!?!” “He is everything to me and I trusted that you will have the littlest bit of understanding and compromise within you for me, not as a friend but as a fellow big brother to someone!! You are a hyung too, you understand how I feel don’t you?!” “How could you?!” An infuriated Yunho yelled, crushing the leather reins between his palms, shaking while he fumes.

“That’s why I underrate you. You are weak. Get over your brother complex and maybe I will acknowledge your capabilities.” “He is mine and I will do as I deem fit.” Yuchun answered, face poker as usual.

“I don’t care!! I AM GOING BACK WITH YOU TO PICK HIM UP!!” “HE IS COMING HOME WITH ME!!” Yunho is even more exasperated, following Yuchun down the path leading back to harbour stubbornly and planning to hitch the same boat ride back to Japan. However, Yuchun isn’t planning on bringing any guest home with him.

“Do you not know what doing as I deem fit means?” “Even if I wanted him dead, you can’t stop me.” Yuchun clicked his tongue and sits back leisurely, waving for his escorts to stop the crazed Yunho from following him. Even the Korean emperor’s escorts were unable to fend them off as they force Yunho and his followers back up the road they came from.

“FINE!! IF THAT’S THE CASE THEN DON’T BLAME ME FOR WHAT I AM ABOUT TO DO TO YOURS!!!” Yunho is already starting to feel numb and the spike in blood pressure is making him giddy. Panting a little, the miffed Korean emperor gritted his teeth and rode off in the opposite direction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV from Yunho

Despicable!! Disgusting!! Absolutely detestable!! Bastard!! Douchebag!!

GOD!! That’s why I resent him sooooo much!!! Nothing can compare to how much I loathe him now!! NOTHING!!

My Suie!! Poor baby!!! He must have been so scared!! My poor baby!!! He was calling out for my help!! But I wasn’t there for him!!

Monster!! He will pay!!! HE WILL PAY!!! I SWEAR TO GOD!!!

He can’t blame me for what I’m going to do!! He will know my pain after I’m done!!

I don’t want to victimise any innocent party either but that bastard leaves me without a choice!! He asked for this!! His brother will just have to accept it and it up!!

TBC

Please do comment and subscribe~ *bows*