Counter play {Part 2}

Gambit

 

The next morning… Back in Korea…

A lithe figure glided around the silent corridors of the big empty palace. No court sessions were held so there were minimal movements around the hundred over acres of land. With exception of a few palace maids tending to the flowers and faunas in the ponds and gardens, no one noticed his presence for every hundred metres he travels.

Wandering into the main palace, where the head of the house apparent resides, the quiet person keeps a low profile, taking his time to digest his surroundings. He isn’t simply entertaining himself.

With the unfulfilled mission still awaiting his completion, the need to familiarise himself with surroundings and make plans is inevitable. Since the target is nowhere to be seen for now, he would take the opportunity to collect as much ‘data’ as he possibly can.

How he would escape after slaughtering the man. How he must ensure that no one suspect his brother for this act of treason and murder. All those are factors he has to consider carefully.

“What do we do now?!” A single eunuch raised his voice at the other as a group scurries past him. Retreating into the shadows as chooses to remain invisible, the ‘first lady’ held his breath to avoid detection. He does not even know if he is allowed into this part of the palace, which is sad.

“THE AMBASSADORS WILL BE HERE ANY MINUTE AND HIS MAJESTY ISN’T BACK YET!!” Smacking a junior eunuch on the head, the fretting senior pranced around as Yunho’s other officials continues to brainstorm for ideas.

“We will just tell them that he is off to attend the prince’s wedding!” Someone speaks up and a discussion immediately ensues. “How long will his majesty be there?” “What if they get angry?” “YAH! Of course they will be angry!” “They sent us the message that they will be here a week ago! It’s just that his majesty never paid heed!!”

“How about we go get his majesty to come back?” A smarty pants suggests. “YAH! Are you stupid?!” “His majesty must be in a foul mood now! You won’t dare to approach him I’m telling you!” The proposition is rejected.

“HAH!!” “I HAVE AN IDEA!!” A loud voice startled the hidden eavesdropping person as well.

“WE will get the Japanese princess to entertain them in his majesty’s place!!” The person smirked at his own silly idea and the rest somehow bought it as well, no questions asked. “He is a prince you idiot!” “Whatever!”

A frown forms on the hidden person’s face as the footsteps disappears into the distance. Stepping out from behind the thick pillar, the person quickly slips back to his assigned chamber, running soundlessly as his clothed feet skims gracefully across the smooth wooden ground. He knows that there will be people knocking on his door soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile… Back in Japan…

A soft knock on the door wakes the taller one as two person sleeps side by side in the same room. The smaller person remained asleep, curled up on one side like a baby animal without making a sound.

Jolting up just as the door slides open, the man quickly positions himself protectively in front of the still sleeping one and glares at the female intruders, despite the drowsiness. “We are here for Junsu sama.” One of them spoke up at last and person turned to look at his younger brother.

“I will wake him.” “Wait outside.” Signalling for them to leave with a single wave of his hand, the ladies left after a moment of hesitation.

Reaching down and patting Junsu on his thin bicep and head, Yunho leans in and blows into his ear. Immediately jumping up and rubbing his sleepy eyes. The older brother then continues to rub at his younger one’s sleep wrinkles and reddened cheeks lovingly. “They are here for you.” “Will you be alright?” Yunho whispered with a voice, deep and miserable.

Gazing at his older brother, his pillar of support, looking so dishevelled and stressed, Junsu knew he need to pull himself together. In spite of the fear and the need to keep his mind blank in order to get some sleep, he knows all along that he will eventually wake again to the nightmare that is about to unfold itself. “I am fine! See!” Stretching cutely, Junsu patted his belly for no apparent reasons, causing Yunho to chuckle bitterly.

Scrambling to his feet, the young latter raced to the door but halted briefly before exiting. “I will be fine hyung. I am all grown up now! You don’t need to worry about me anymore.” With that said, he is out of the room in a flash, closing the door behind him.

Approaching the group of servants waiting for him right outside, Junsu wanted badly to back away and escape back behind Yunho’s protective back, but he chose otherwise. Allowing the older women to him to another spacious room somewhere, the young one kept his head low, formulating his plan. Mischief use to be his middle name and he is sure Yuchun will never be able to handle him if he tries hard enough.

Allowing the people to preen him and decorate him like he is some sort of porcelain vase, Junsu transformed from an unkempt chick into an exquisite bride with the skilful movements of their hands.

Then, transferring him into a sort of waiting room, they threw on so many layers of silk on him that he could barely stand. Stiff like a robot, he cannot even move his hands to touch the top of his head, only allowing them to rest on his abdomen, which is the main purpose to begin with. Enforcing a kind of demeanour which he never knew he had.

No one spoke to him throughout the process but Junsu can sense a mocking session is about to start, recalling what his brother did to Jejung during the same kind of ceremony. He knows Yuchun is not the kind and forgiving type. Might as well as go down with a bang.

Leading him in front of a gate, headed for a procession, Junsu stood rooted for a moment. Then, without a warning, as the doors are opens to present him to two long neat rows of audience. At this moment, Junsu swings his hands upwards and tore through the neat hairdo.

Pulling out the elaborate decoration in and on his hair, Junsu hastily rubbed off the thick layer of powder on his face. Not caring about the widened eyes as they watch on with mortified expression, the young bride then struts in rudely, refusing the support of two others as they struggle with his train. He is the direct opposite of Jejung when it comes to the definition of grace.

Yunho watched on fearfully in a corner, seated adjacent to where Yuchun stood. The Korean emperor can almost sense the anger stirring dangerously within the other man. “How rude!” “Such a graceless creature!” A few other higher post officials were whispering as well.

Tripping and regaining his balance, Junsu moved on to rip off the train, stepping on one end and pulling with all his might, successfully detaching the long heavy piece of cloth. Loud gasps emitted from the crowd are sign that he is pushing it a little too far. Yunho bit his lips and wandered if this is what Junsu meant by irritating Yuchun.

Tottering up towards Yuchun awkwardly, Junsu held his head high, challenging the man to blow up. The shogun only remained expressionless. However, silently seething at Junsu’s display of utter disrespect, he has his own set of ideas, about how he wants to deal with the latter. Yunho found himself all prepared to wage an instant war in order to save Junsu from Yuchun’s blades, but quickly relaxed after seeing the weapon missing from the shogun’s side for the first time.

The priest then started speaking and Junsu is forcefully pushed to Yuchun’s side as they stand between the two rows. All heads were bowed with respect and the ceremony was unexpectedly formal in Yunho’s opinion. It’s as if the orderly procession is too orderly and that reflected these people’s lifestyle. His mind quickly wandered back to Jejung, remembering his lack of reactions.

Taking note that Junsu is planning to do something rude again in the middle of the most important part of the ceremony, Yuchun reached over to the fidgeting latter and wrapped his palms around the thin wrist. Wrenching it so forcibly that Junsu wanted to cry out, the younger one does not. Nonetheless, that is enough to keep him from misbehaving.

Before Junsu knows it, a tray laden with a few small cups of transparent liquid is served, almost shoved into his face. Taking a whiff and wrinkling his cute now unevenly powdered nose, Junsu decides that he will not drink the solution in it. He has never consumed alcohol.

Yuchun got the ball rolling and sipped at the first cup, waiting for Junsu to follow but the stubborn young thing does not. With a poker face, Yuchun picked up Junsu’s cup and brought it to the young one’s reddish lips, grinding it on the delicate flesh there. Junsu proceeded to gnash his perfect rows of teeth together in response and the shogun almost wanted to slap him.

From the corner of his eyes, Yuchun can see Yunho watching nervously and smirked evilly. Removing the cup from Junsu’s puckers and dunking it into his own mouth with a single gulp, he grabs the short latter beside him and locked their lips together. Pinching Junsu’s bum after wrapping his arms around the beautiful curves at the waist, Yuchun took the chance to spit the liquid into Junsu’s mouth as the other opens it to protest.

The crowd gasps again but quickly quietens down. Only Yunho stood but he can go no further since his feet are rooted for whatever reason.

“I see that you like to play around with your clothes.” Yuchun continued to whisper into Junsu’s ears and started to strip the other. For Yunho, the same scene is replaying in front of him, the way he had rudely stripped Jejung in public as well. Yuchun is definitely getting back at him.

Holding onto the loosening pieces as the taller and bigger man starts to peel off the layers, Junsu back away and squatted down, placing both hands to his chest region, glaring up defiantly. Yuchun then smirked and reached for his hair, tugging at the neat bun mercilessly, causing Junsu to stand up with the lifting motion. “You like to play with your hair too don’t you?” Breathing into Junsu’s ear again as the other yelps in pain, the shogun is finally enjoying himself.

Red with anger rather than embarrassment, Junsu is not exactly the self-conscious type. It’s war. Reaching for the cup, he sweeps it up and throws the content at the shogun’s face, earning horrified exclamations from the crowd. Yunho has no idea if he should be feeling proud of Junsu, or fearing for the latter’s life.

Even the priest is backing away as the now proclaimed married pair thrashes things out on the spot. Despite the fact that they have not finished up their nuptial wine, that does not really matter since the exchange of drinks are merely a symbol of a long happy marriage which everyone doubt this couple will have.  Not in a million years.

Yuchun’s eyes are burning with something close to rage yet he does not reveal much on his face. That roused Junsu’s concern as well since he neither able to predict the man’s next move or is he able to tell what the man is thinking. Yunho is usually readable like a book yet he can’t really tell if this man is angry though he looked like he is, yet the aura he gives off is totally different. Junsu can almost feel a kind of excitement coming from Yuchun and that creep him out.

Then, feeling the shogun’s muscular arms wrap around his waist, almost crushing his internal organs, the latter found himself whisked back into the seat meant for him, beside the shogun.

“I will have a life time to deal with you.” “Enjoy yourself while you can.” Whispering into Junsu’s ear, the shogun moved on to preside the rest of the reception. The new empress frowned and glanced at his brother, taking a long forlorn look at the older man.

Yunho is undoubtedly worried, since their plan to incense the shogun does not seem to be working either, achieving nearly the opposite effect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV from Yuchun

What is a ceremony for anyway? The most important part of the marriage is what comes after.

This naïve little boy probably thinks as childishly as his older brother, but of course I am not that easy to deal with either. Why would I possibly let him off just because I can’t handle him? I am Yuchun for a reason and he will know that as the days go by.

However, I cannot deny that for the first time, I am uncertain about what I need to do in order to deal with him appropriately. I intended to do more than just humiliate him publicly today, but the moment he entered doing what he did, I knew that he probably does not care about how others view him.

He is a new species, a rare breed of something else that I have never seen before.

He reacts so incorrectly to everything and he just does whatever he wants. Maybe I can’t use my standards to measure him… but I will have a hard time and that is for sure. Nevertheless, I will train him enough to know what shame, pain, suffering and hoping that he better off dead is, not necessarily to torture him… more like a form of conditioning.

I will definitely enjoy his companionship since this is also the first time someone is able to make me feel so alive. He has a strange ability to bring out this burning passion in me, aside from anger. I haven’t felt like that in a long long time. Not even battles or hunting can provide me such a kick anymore. Like a booster drink. I like that.

TBC

Please do comment and subscribe! *bows bows*