Decoy {Part 1}

Gambit

Hiya!

A double update for today!

Thank you all for the kind comments and also the subscriptions~

Do stay and read!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A soft knock on his door drew the attention of the person inside the room from his documents. Frowning at the timid rapping on the wooden surface, the man refuses to allow entrance for anyone in particular. He isn’t in the best of mood. “Not now.”

“Your highness!” The person continued anyway, whispering urgently. “There are problems at the Chinese borders your majesty.” Yunho is all ears now, slowly placing down the parchment in his hands.

“The alliances have called for an emergency meeting your majesty.” Yunho found himself gritting his teeth and almost breaking the brush in his hands. Nothing is more serious than when one of the alliance members takes a stab at another’s back.

Secretly glad that they are not dealing with Yuchun this time, and that they probably wouldn’t be doing so for a long time Yunho straightened up and acknowledged the person. Then, waiting for his servants to prepare his armour and outing clothes, the emperor sulked silently upon remembering Jejung. How he is so damn tempted to send the other so he wouldn’t have to face the bunch of sly old man. Possessiveness does not allow him to do so.

Thinking back about how Jejung had appeased the Chinese ambassador in his place, Yunho realised his imagination is running wild. Slapping himself on the smooth clean shaven jawline, the man refuses to think of Jejung any longer.

Picking up the nearest parchment he can find, the man continued with his daily routine. Reading yet not really digesting as his mind wanders off somewhere else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV from Yunho

According to the letter sent to the mass, the Mongolians are stirring again. China is in desperate need for a change in governance. What’s new?

Nothing’s changed between those two despite the old chinese fella marrying his favourite concubine to those barbarians. I can’t imagine how much bull that woman had to go through… but then again, they are pawns. Used and discarded. I should stop being the sympathetic one all the time. It makes me appear weak.

Anyhow, aren’t we also trading off our pawns like that as well… our brothers? Me and that monster… We are just like those old men now. We are only old enough to be their grandson yet already know the rules of the survival game as well as they do. Fantastic...

Back to where we were earlier. The main point, in the entire saga now is that the Chinese guy is dead. He passed away. Peacefully I assume. His sons are scratching each other’s eyes out for the throne. Well… that’s how women fight. Let’s just say they are at each other’s throat right now, and the eldest one has done something. Not so nice.

I know that man. He is the alleged crown prince, roughly ten years older than I am. His father had lived an awfully long life and he must have been dying to sit on that throne. It will not be surprising even if that dead old man outlives his sons. I envy them sometimes, since unlike them, my parents died prematurely and there were just not enough people to take over.

No doubt there were officials and generals trying to usurp the throne since I was young. Fortunately, the court was loyal and I was undeniably strong if I do not say so myself. I was capable. No one questions that.

Oh right. Back to the mess going on! The so-called crown prince had incurred the wrath of several people since they think he is lazy and incompetent. The Chinese court is planning a conspiracy and is bent on promoting the youngest son, the guy who’s a year younger than I am. I can understand their purpose for doing so. He is young, valiant. Though I haven’t seen him before but I’ve heard a lot about him.

The crown prince is barely even king for a few weeks and I believe he is foolish enough for colluding with their arch enemy just to protect his weak regime. He is dumb. Super dumb, and not to mention idiotic. Now the pact he made with them includes many promises and the enemies are here to seek what is owed to them. The peace that his father had to obtain through sacrificing his concubine is reduced to nothing.

The double edged sword is wielded at the guy and I think I will just stay out of it. After all, his court hates him, his friends-now-enemies are being incorrigible. He had failed in all aspect and I expect a massive change is ineluctable. I just want to mind my own business though.

Calling in the alliance would undoubtedly help reduce the Mongolians’ resolve to attack China but I really wonder why we are dragged into all this. I still have a stack of documents to vet… plus I don’t want to travel so far just to sit and watch other people’s everyone brawls. Should I send someone in my stead? We can do that if we wanted…

But sending him there isn’t a good idea, at all. No. He can’t. HE can’t represent me. Not even close. Plus I don’t want him to be… flirting… with all those lecherous old man who already have thousands of concubines. Allowing them to touch him… we all know how terribly irresistible he can be. Where did that come from? Forget I said that!

I digressed again.

Now I can only say that this alliance thing is fragile either ways and sometimes I do doubt the usefulness. I didn’t get them in to help me with the issue pertaining to my Suie because we all know it is dangerous to expose your weakness and parade them in front of the group of evil beings. I was right to settle everything by myself and that monster knew I would do so, hence the brazen acts and lack of respect.

This Chinese dude is dead meat to actually call us in. I can see the vicious alliance members targeting him from now on and they will not hesitate to take a piece off of him until there is nothing left. Who would be so kind as to help you step in and resolve issues? We all have our ulterior motives and though I haven’t decided what I want to stand to gain from this meeting, I believe the rest already have. Especially that Japanese demon.

It’s a cruel world, and the poor guy is about to find out the hard way. I am lucky my father, the previous ruler, had taught me well.

Let’s just hope that the most-probably-would-be new Chinese emperor is smarter than this one. Splendid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leaving the royal chamber in his travelling attire, Yunho looked dashing as usual, tall with broad muscular body parts and striking eyes, piercing. Making a short turn to the room next to his, he was about to knock when the door opens.

A ravishing yet incredibly innocent looking face emerged from behind the gap of the door, infatuating the already spell bound man. Then, as Yunho stands in a daze, the person swiftly disappears and reappears with a needle and thread. Reaching over, the pale hands grasp lightly onto the end of one of Yunho’s sleeves and start to work on loose hem there, not paying heed to the penetrating gaze of the man hovering above him.

Feet rooted within his room as he keeps both eyes only at short length of the dark purple silk in his hands, Jejung’s bashful behaviour made him to be even cuter in Yunho’s eyes. Jejung is not pretending since Yunho IS a ridiculously handsome man without the fierce façade.

“Forgive your servants for being incompetent!!” Noticing that they have failed to notice a flaw in the set of royal garment, the servants immediately got onto all fours, seeking forgiveness. Yunho simply ignored them, still bewitched by the person standing in such close proximity from him.

No one spoke throughout the entire process but Jejung can hear Yunho’s deep inhalation. Nevertheless, amidst the stifling awkwardness, which is much abate compared to the previous occasions, Jejung’s nimble fingers remained gentle and deft.

Finally, bowing low at a ninety degree after backing inwards a couple of steps, the Japanese prince chose to retreat inwards and shut the doors. Yunho instinctively reaches up and stuffs a hand through the gap. This action earned a gasp from Jejung and he quickly opens up his doors again, gazing into the king’s eyes this time, for the first time since they last came in contact.

“Ah. I just came to say that I will be gone for a few days…” The king sputtered at the beginning. Forcing his legs to move so he can leave dignified like the prideful man he is, those useless bulk of muscles for limbs failed him yet again.

“You will be… You will be alright I presume?” Yunho toughened up and spoke his mind, clearing his throat. He initially intended to leave without telling Jejung, since that was what he used to do. However, things are different now, since he believes that Jejung needed his protection, and so he tells himself.

The younger one nodded, crow black orbs still locked onto Yunho’s own deep dark chocolate ones. There is nothing but pitch black usually, but there is a cheerful twinkle in those coal coloured windows to the soul. For the first time in so many years, very alluring indeed. Jejung is touched by the king’s not so well hidden expression of concern and though he is constantly bogged down by the need to complete his mission, the young prince felt he could indulge in a little of the affection rarely shown to him. To experience being doted on by someone.

“Thank you. Take care.” Jejung whispered and leans upwards for a soft peck on the cheek, cool fingers scaling Yunho’s muscular pectorals for better leverage since the man is a good one head taller than he is. Then, finally breaking off eye contact, the shorter person simpered and disappears behind he opaque mobile structure, closing them.

Yunho simply stood like a statue, blank faced though turning all red and hot. He almost placed his hands on the other’s curvaceous hip earlier on had sheer willpower not hindered him. The ual inclination is almost courting him, like a magnet pull and the king knows he will lose his mind to the chemistry if he were to be a tad less cautious around Jejung.

The dangerous attraction makes him feel blissful yet destroys him on the inside. He loves Jejung. How can one not love Jejung? It’s not even about the outward aspect anymore. It’s not even the demeanour anymore. Or even the way Jejung deflected the pending conflict with the Chinese ambassador for him. Everything. He liked everything. ‘Loved’, since ‘like’ is not enough to drive someone crazy like ‘love’ does.

Rising his hand to knock again, Yunho quickly stops himself, cursing softly under his breath as he backs away. He would very much love to have Jejung come along with him, but since when did that urge start to have such a stronghold on him? Yunho will not allow it. Those unnecessary feelings and emotions to guide his actions, making him incoherent and irrational like that.

Turning away, the king heads off to the stables where his royal stallion is already waiting for him. He could choose the carriages since the seasons are in the transition phase for the colder ones, but the frosty winds would clear his head and most definitely cool him down.

TBC

Please do comment and subscribe~! *bows*