Castling {Part 2}

Gambit

Peeping out from the small hole he had made through the wax paper on his door, a small mousy person snickers at the lack of security and slips out from the tiny gap between the two wooden panels. Then, charging ahead at full speed, the person races down the flight of stairs and darts out into the garden.

This person has already gotten enough information he needed regarding the guard and servant exchange to know when he can play the disappearing game. He only has a mere few minutes before his kittens starve for another day.

Holding the precious stash of salmon meat close to his abdomen, stacked up neatly in a piece of cloth he tore off the bed sheets, the person huffed and puffed after the over exertion. Grinning delightedly upon hearing the soft purring from behind the door leading into the shed, the person pushed the wooden flaps open and shuffled in quietly.

Picking up the mother cat and her kitten’s soft fur, the person squats down and placed most of what would be his breakfast and lunch on the sandy ground. Egging the cats on while the feline sniffs the suspicious items, the person beamed as the animals eats.

Flopping down to lie on his stomach, the person played with the animals, teasing them with cat tails he had picked up at the pond near where he is residing. “Junsu sama!!” “Where are you!?” Hearing a servant searching for him, the person quickly scrambles to his feet and leaves the run down shed.

However, instead of heading off to where the voice is coming from, the latter, Junsu, heads off to his next destination. To the servants’ quarter where his pet dog is adopted by a kindly old woman, she takes care of the mutt for him. Running as fast as he legs could carry him, he laughs playfully when a dog comes dashing towards him, flinging itself into his embrace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV from Junsu

I know just the way to avoid him! This is a good method. I haven’t given it much thought earlier but now I am sure it works. It worked the other time and he really believed me.

I just need to play sick whenever he comes to my room. Well… umma taught us never to lie so I stopped lying after that time when I lied about my stomach aching. I have been working really hard to fall sick! If I am sick, he will not bully me. He is scared of getting the illness from me so he will not even come near me. I am still waiting till I get some really contagious disease!

I like it a lot when after I told him that I will not be well until three days later, he hadn’t appeared at all. I should have said a week but that medicine is to disgusting! I cannot drink it for more than three days or I might die from the bitterness!

The truth is no one understands whatever is coming out of my mouth so it is kind of boring here. That stupid ahjussi is the only person whom I can talk to but who wants to talk to him?! I would rather talk to my pets. They understand my loneliness and they would play with me when I feel down. They are still the best!

After all, the food they serve here is horrible and the cats would appreciate them more. Who eats fishes raw anyway? And that green paste isn’t something you would want to eat. I took a mouthful back then and that incident became one of the greatest regret of my life. I heard they say it must be eaten with the raw fish so I kind of hate fish nowadays.

Hyungie… I miss hyungie so much. But I won’t cry! That stupid ahjussi would enjoy it if I cry so I won’t cry! I will go home soon! He can’t keep me here forever! He will get tired of bullying me soon and then he will let me go home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s been a few days since Yuchun last saw Junsu and never once did the latter appear at the dining table for his meals. That is forbidden since the shogun’s family culture involves sitting together.

Being left alone at the table on so many occasions, Yuchun finds his patience wearing thin. This dinner is no different. In front of him is an empty place and he ended up dining in solidary again. No warning or threatening could get Junsu to comply and Yuchun is still in the process of coming up with a better idea.

“Did he eat his dinner?” The shogun asked after spotting a servant walk past with a cluttered tray. The servant stopped and allowed the man to inspect the tray. The plates looked barely touched and Yuchun can tell that Junsu had eaten nothing more than a few mouthful of rice.

“Your majesty. It is probably because there is no chicken today.” The person spoke timidly and the shogun took a step back.

Pursing his lips, the shogun is really tempted to order a chicken dish and have the kitchen send it to Junsu, but the thought of the bratty Junsu being bratty made him decide against it. Waving off the servant, Yuchun sauntered back to his own room.

Sitting within his meditation zone, the man’s mind started wandering back to the scrawny kid. Depending on the time of the day, Junsu would successfully stop disturbing his peace of mind periodically, but the latter never fails to return and invade his thoughts processes just before the shogun turns in for the day. Sulking at his failed attempt to forget the younger person, the man pulled on his coat and left the warmth of his own room.

Subconsciously averting his eyes to room nearby as he passes, he notices that the lights are on and flickering. So, making his way over, the shogun pulled the door open without a warning and stepped in, expecting to see a certain startled someone. There is none.

Noting the open window and strong frequent gust of wind, the man stalked over and noticed a piece of cloth fluttering outside as it dangles over the side of the roof. Popping his head out of the window, the shogun is a little concerned to find a bare feet suspended by the edge of the roof just above the window.

Quickly sticking his entire torso out this time around, the king stretched out just far enough to see a silhouette. The person though cloaked in the darkness, is clearly still and unmoving so Yuchun is concerned.

Climbing out and standing on the window sill, balancing himself dangerously on the parapet before lifting himself onto the roof silently, the strong man found himself right beside a sleeping Junsu.

Looking down, the shogun made a note to himself that they are a good four storeys above the ground and the roof isn’t exactly the best place to be. Especially not in the middle of the night when the temperature is dangerously low and when the tiles are all unsecure and old.

Leaning in to wake his spouse, Yuchun ended up taking a long moment to admire the sleeping face. As noisy and hyperactive as he might be during the day, the latter is unusually quiet when he is asleep. Hands sandwiched between thighs as his lies on his side, the boy shivered cutely and winced when the now blasting chilly wind attacks the sole of his feet. Pulling his feet closer upwards, Junsu shuddered again but continues to wander around in dreamland as he sneezes with an adorable sound.

“You.” Probing Junsu not so gently on his ribcage, Yuchun frowned when he failed to rouse the boy. “Hey.” Yuchun jabbed the younger one a little harder.

This caused Junsu to spring up from where he lay. Looking around himself frantically, he screams at the sight of a huge shadow cast over him. Struggling to get away as the owner of the shadow closes in on him.

“What the heck are you doing up here?!” A deep voice hollered as a hand wraps around his tiny feet.

“What are YOU doing up here?!” Junsu threw the question back, kicking the man’s hand off stubbornly.

“I can see you are hell bent on falling sick aren’t you?” Yuchun asked in a loud voice, causing the old tiles to vibrate along with the deep tone.

“Why do you care!?” Junsu pouted and pushes the advancing shogun away.

“Come down with me. It’s an order.” Yuchun said definitively and Junsu gave him the biggest trout pout he can manage on his pretty face which is pink and flushed by now, due to the cold.

The shogun ignores him and slides off the edge, feet landing safety of the latch of the window below him with ease. However, the cement gluing the tiles together could not hold his weight and started to disintegrate. Junsu heard the loud crack and immediately lungs over to grab a hold of the shogun’s hands.

The moon had provided Junsu enough light to see that Yuchun is barely hanging with only half a foot on the window sill below. “Don’t move!!” “Don’t move!!” Ordering the shogun to keep still, the prince can’t bear the thought of Yuchun falling and hugs onto the man’s arms tightly. “Don’t move!! You will fall!!!” Junsu struggled with the equally mulish man but failed when the man insists on pushing his luck.

The proud Yuchun would rather die than admit Junsu had just saved his . Shifting to maintain a better balance, the shogun can see himself landing safely after some simple calculations and decides that he does not need Junsu clawing at his arms anymore. The shogun’s ego will not give Junsu the chance to ‘save’ him after all. “Let go.”

Pulling away from the boy with one swift motion, the shogun flings himself into the warm room below. “Oh my god!! He can hear a loud gasp from above him and that made him break out into laughter. “You crazy old man!!” Chortling with mirth as he sits on solid ground, he does not take Junsu’s swears and curses to heart. It only meant that the boy cares enough for him and Yuchun kind of like the thought of it.

“Your turn. Come down now.” Sticking his head out of the window, Yuchun reaches for Junsu’s feet and gave it a tug. Refusing to let go till the boy relents.

“Don’t hold the tiles.” “I will catch you. Just let yourself go.” A long struggle ensued as the equally bull headed youngster insists on helping himself down as well. Part of the reason being, Yuchun is taking the opportunity to at his and Junsu is not the least pleased.

Snaking his thick arms around the boy’s tiny waist as the other is finally half way in, Yuchun made Junsu squeak with a quick tug. Hauling the small person in with ease, Junsu is subsequently dragged off into the shogun’s own chamber.

“We need to talk.” The shogun’s words had a very different meaning and Junsu is vaguely aware.

“I’m still sick!” Breaking free from Yuchun and falling clumsily onto the ground, Junsu darts out of the room and made a break for the nearest window he can reach. Leaping onto the latch and attempting to scramble up the different side of the roof again.

“My patience is wearing thin so you will do well to listen to me.” The bigger man is not in the mood for hide and seeks, speaking with a cold voice and keeping eyes narrowed. Grabbing the bony ankle mercilessly and literally heaving the little Spiderman off the roof, Yuchun dragged a thrashing Junsu along.

“MY HEAD!! MY HEAD HURTS!!!” Squalling as he throws himself to the ground, the big baby rolled to the nearby pillar and lay beside it, just in case he needed something to cling onto for dear life.

Satisfied that they are in the same room at last, the shogun ordered for another set of beddings and supervised its arrangement beside his. “You are sleeping with me from tonight onwards.”

With that, the man gathered Junsu into his strong arms and lay down beside the boy. Junsu writhed around at first but quickly decided that he needed the warm up before he officially freezes to death. Yuchun can do that much for him.

Needless to say, Junsu had accidentally fallen asleep on the roof earlier and though it was also partly intentional, the boy is careless as always. Had Yuchun not gone in search for him, he did already be frozen stiff.

Though Yuchun cannot fathom why he would go such great lengths to express the littlest bit of concern for Junsu, he feels happier around the troublemaker and it gives him pleasure just by being around the younger one. Be it to threaten, to care for or even to dote on him. One can say that the brotherly side does exist in the shogun despite how coldly he treats his own biological brother. Or maybe his attraction for Junsu is not as simple as it looks.

TBC

Please do comment and subscribe! *bows*