Chapter 10

Look at Me

Ravi stared you deep into your soul while you lost into his eyes. He stood froze like a statue in front of you, and you stood still against him.

“What is it Ravi? Tell me…” you spoke.

His heart beat quickened and he felt all kind of emotion in the inside. Trying to remain calm, he prepared a speech in his head but his tongue felt numb all of sudden.

Already feeling loosened up against him, your eyes fell to his lips causing your mind automatically jump to the last event where your lips almost touched his. Looking away quickly, you tried to hide your embarrassment.

“Jumi-ah,” Ravi finally managed to say something after several minutes of battle with himself.

Looking up to lock eyes with him, you waited him to finish his sentence. He inhaled deeply while keeping steady gaze at you. He looked nervous, anxious, worried, uneasy and tensed. You brought your hand to his chest and detected his heartbeat, it was beating wildly.

He looked at you wide eyes, surprised with your action. “You have something to tell me, aren’t you?” you questioned, actually surprised with your own move. You didn’t expect you would feel his heartbeat but you couldn’t stand your own heartbeat, it had been beating madly against your chest.

“Jumi-ah,” he voiced and you pulled your hand back, observing his expression. “Stop it Ravi,” you stated.

Ravi narrowed his eyebrows, “Stop what?”

“Stop calling my name, get to the point. I cannot wait for you to tell me about it the whole day. I know it is my birthday today and I am not please if you keeping it this way,” you expressed.

Your attention switched to your cell phone as your cell phone played music indicating a coming call. Glancing at speechless Ravi for a moment, you pushed him away from you before you walked toward your cell phone.

Since Ravi had placed it on the highest place in the studio, your eyes scanned around the room to find something that could help you to reach your cell phone. Ravi headed to your cell phone and effortlessly took it and handed it to you. You eyed him suspiciously before you grabbed back your cell phone, “Thank you.” He nodded and walked away out of your sight.

You looked at the caller’s ID on the screen but it was an unknown number. Furrowing your eyebrows, you slide the answer button in case it was an emergency call.

“Yoboseyo?” you answered, unaware of Ravi’s eyes on you.

You gasped as you heard the voice from the caller, earning an interest from Ravi. He began to wonder the caller that had ruined his plan.

“Hakyeon oppa? Why are you calling out of blue?” you let out a few chuckles.

Ravi who overheard your conversation shot you a surprise look, “What is that guy wanted this time?” He thought.

“I want to bring out you to dinner tonight, you don’t mind? Do you?” he asked.

Biting your lower lips, unsure whether to accept his invitation or not. You took a glimpse of Ravi who was staring at you. Ravi saw your flustered look and he didn’t feel good with the conversation going on between you and Hakyeon. He never felt good.

“Jumi-ah?” he called.

“Yes, oppa? I’m not sure if I can go…” you uttered slowly.

“What? Ravi doesn’t allow you to go out with me?” he sound annoyed all of sudden.

“No oppa, it’s not that-“

“Is it because of Sookyung?” he questioned causing you taken aback. You didn’t mean to bring in Sookyung into your talking. You were unsure to accept his invitation because of what he did to you, to your fragile heart.

“Listen Jumi-ah. I heard that you and Ravi have been together. Just for today, let me be your date on your birthday,” he spoke. You listened to him like a little kid, nodded. You needed to correct something, “Alright oppa, see you later.” Hanging up the call, you slipped your cell phone into your pocket and turned to face Ravi.

“Hakyeon oppa will come and get me tonight for a dinner,” you told Ravi. Ravi nodded his head, already knew what you wanted to say to him, feeling bitter.

You realised he looked gloomy, he was organizing his stuffs on the small table. Pacing towards him, you made him facing you as you looked up to match his eyes with yours.

“Ravi-ah,” he glanced down at you, expressionless.

“Happy birthday,” Ravi spoke, he sounded empty.

“What is it that you want to tell me?” you asked with a smile. Hoping it would lighten up his mood. He looked miserable all of sudden.

He heaved out a deep sigh, his finger touched your lips making your heart skipped a beat. “Quit biting and your lips. It worsens your already dry lips. Where is the lip balm Hakyeon had bought you? You should use it,” he then pulled his finger away and turned giving you’re his back as he continued his interrupted work.

Slowly you reached for your lips, stunned. “That’s it?” you thought.

“Go home, dress up prettily. Apply some lip balm.” He uttered cold. He turned to face you again and faked a smile, “Let’s go home, birthday girl.” He glanced to the present he had specially made for you, “I’ll send that to your home tomorrow.”

You glanced to the painting and nodded, sighing.

---

You stared at the makeup tools on your table. You bought it a week ago, hoping you could learn to apply some on your bare face but you had no idea how. You stared at your reflection in the mirror, after debating with yourself, you finally had something to wear. It was a white dress that your mother had you for your birthday last year but you haven’t worn it.

A knock heard from your bedroom’s door. Quickly, you grabbed your purse and turned the knob of your door. You let out a loud gasp to the man in front of you, “Oppa, you scare me.”

He laughed and held his hand out, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to freak you out.”

Reaching his hand, he held your pinkie out. Smiling, he linked his pinkie with yours. You saw your mother was watching both of you from the living room. “You wear it!” your mother voiced causing you to let go Hakyeon’s finger all of sudden.

Hakyeon glanced at you, amused. “You look beautiful and…” he paused. “Grown up.”

You blushed at his words and he held his hand out once again, gesturing you to hold to it but you sneakily peeked at your mother. “Go take his hand, you don’t have to be shy,” your mother encouraged making you blushed even more.

Hitting his hand lightly, “Omma, I go with Hakyeon oppa.” You walked out to his car. He came after you and opened the car door for you. Climbing in, he then closed the door before he walked around to the driver’s seat.

---

While in the car, your heart pounded hard against your chest. You couldn’t calm yourself and at times, you kept stealing glance at him who was focused on the road. He looked good that night with the black suits he chose.

Arrived at the restaurant, both of you entered the restaurant and you were concerned over the money he had to spend with you. The restaurant serves expensive and high quality dishes.

“Oppa, it’s expensive to eat here,” you whispered who was sitting across you.

He laughed, “Don’t think about how much it’ll cost. It’s your birthday today and I haven’t celebrated it with you for…” You saw he calculated it with his fingers causing you to chuckle.

“For years?” he questioned. You shrugged and looked around the interior of the restaurant. The interior was decorated carefully and finely.

A waiter came and Hakyeon ordered the dinner for both of you. After finished the dinner, both of you left the restaurant and you couldn’t keep your eyes off of Hakyeon. It was strange that never once he brought up the topic of Ravi and Sookyung in your conversation. Was it because he didn’t want to spoil the dinner or he really didn’t want to talk about it?

He then drove you to a place you unsure of where, he stopped in front of a bakery and asked you to stay in the car. You saw he bought something from the bakery and you expected he bought you a birthday cake but you pretended you didn’t know it. Well, it was obvious.

Entering the car, he placed the things he bought at the back seat. “I told your mother you’ll be home a little bit late today,” he spoke.

You arched your eyebrows, “You did?”

He nodded, “She approved. She trusts me.”

“Why did you tell omma that I’ll be home late? Are we going somewhere? I thought you want to have dinner only with me?” you asked suspicious. His eyes were on the road, glancing at you at times.

“Let’s book a hotel room for a night,” he joked earning a light hit from you.

---

He led you into the building and you kept glancing at him for an explanation. He gave you a reassuring nod, and pulled you into a big room with mirrors almost covering the entire wall. It looked like a dance practise room but strangely, there were no people in the building, or there were people but you didn’t get to see them.

He made you sat on the only couch in the room. You saw your reflection on the mirror sending chill down your spine. What were you doing there with him? What he was planning to do? You saw he locked the door as he let you in the room.

You saw him only wearing his shirt now as he walked towards you with the cake box. He took a seat beside you and you shifted away from him. He noticed your action and chuckled, “Why are you avoiding me?”

“Here, I won’t do anything to you,” he grabbed your wrist and pulled you to sit closer to him. Placing the cake box in front of him, he unboxed the cake and you saw the beautiful cake. He placed two small candles and lit it up with a lighter.

Holding it in front of you, he began to sing you a birthday song. You smiled, softened. As he sang, your tears welled, you felt touched. Holding it in and blinking several times to stop the tear from falling, you blew on the candle. “Happy birthday!” Hakyeon yelled joyfully.

You clapped your hand and Hakyeon marked your nose with some cream. Surprised, you tried to get revenge and ended with his back on the mirror and you against him, pinning him.

He held both your wrist and both of you were laughing hard until you realised you were blocking him with your body. Your laughed ceased off, and he stared at you wordlessly. You pulled your hand from his grasp but he held it tightly making you shot him a glare.

“Oppa, let go of my hands.”

He held tighter and turned the table. Now, he was pinning you to the mirror against your back. “What if I say I don’t want to let go of your hands?” He murmured closed to your ears sending chill down your spine. Both of your hands were pinned to both of your sides.

“Oppa…” you called softly, hoping he would release you.

“I thought I heard you won’t do anything to me?” you questioned, soft.

Silence filled the room for a moment and your heart pounded hard again, anxious and cautious to his next move. You knew he wouldn’t hurt you in any way but still, you needed to be cautious. You haven’t seen him for a long time and anything could have change, including him.

His grip loosened and you heard his laugh. Slowly, he let go of your hand and walked to the centre of the room. “Aren’t you curious why I bring you here?”

You rubbed the area around your wrist and your ears caught music started to play in the room. Looking to his direction, his expression changed. He began to make a dance move, taken aback, you stared at him. Questions filled your head.

Slowly, he moved closer to you and started to dance closely to you. You froze, didn’t know what to do. From behind, he encircled his arms around your waist all of sudden causing you to gasp.

“Oppa,” you called.

He leaned closed to your ear making you shiver, “Aren’t you curious why I bring you here?”

“Op-op-pa, why are you doing this” you stuttered, blushed.

“Aren’t you curious why I don’t ask you about Ravi and you, Jumi-sshi?”

~~~

A/N: Subscribe and Comment ^^