Chapter 5

Look at Me

Eyes laid on the ceiling of your bedroom, your ear caught Ravi’s snooze. Smiling, you turned to see him lying on the mattress just next to your bed. Ravi while covering his nose and mouth with his hand, he glanced at you. Still smiling, you gazed at him long.

He put his hand away and gazed back at you. “Why?”

Feeling cosy under your thick blanket, you shook your head. “Good night, Ravi-ah.”

He raised both his eyebrows and gave a warm smile, “Good night too, Jumi-ah.”

You smiled and closed your eyes. Exhausted feeling could be felt across your body. Without wasting further time, you finally dozed off facing Ravi who was watching you with a pair of loving eyes.

“How was your day with Hakyeon?”

“Do you like it?”

“Do you remember me when you go out with him?”

“Did he keep you close to him all the time?”

“Did he treat you well?”

Ravi whispered to you who were sleeping out of tiredness. He softened as he watched your body moved following the rhythm of your breath.

“I didn’t even get to ask you all these questions but you already doze off,” he whispered again. Heavy sigh escaped through his mouth. “What if one day you tell me you like him?” he uttered soft, the question sending pain across his heart.

Still watching you, he let out another heavy sigh.

---

After finished your college of that day, as usual, you were accompanied by Haeri, your friend to the bus stop. As both of you walked out the college compound, your eyes caught a familiar figure waving at you. You squinted and tried to confirm your sight.

A tug felt on your right arm, quickly you turned to Haeri as a response. “Do you know that guy? He keeps waving at us,” Haeri questioned.

You glanced back at that figure, you saw his smile and heard him calling your name. “Jumi-ah!”

“He knows your name!” Haeri freaked out.

You nodded at your friend, “Haeri-ah, he’s my friend. You can leave me here.”

Haeri eyed you, “You’re not going to the bus stop? What about Ravi then? Ya! ”

Not even finished listening to her question, you already made quick steps to the guy who was calling you. Haeri could only shake her head at the sight of you.

“Hakyeon oppa, what are you doing here around my college?” You looked around, “Are you waiting for…”

“Your girlfriend?” You questioned.

He chuckled, “Yes, my girlfriend.” He grabbed your wrist and held you close to him making you stumbled and fell to his chest. He laughed making your heart beat quickened. You didn’t see it coming but you froze against his chest, enjoying his laughing voice through his chest.

He softly pushed you so that you stood straight in front of him. “Jumi-ah, are you okay?”

You held your head down, trying to hide your blushing cheeks. Hakyeon noticed you didn’t answer his question and you didn’t look at him making him laugh again.

“Jumi-ah?” he called out while he placed his fingers on your chin. You felt his fingers on your chin and he made you to look at him. Weakly, you didn’t try to fight against him and faced him with your blushing cheeks. You shut your eyes to avoid embarrassment.

“Are you okay?” he asked again for the umpteenth time.

You open your left eye slowly and saw him smiling. He let go of your chin and neatly folded his arms against his torso. Both of your eyes had opened and shyly, you flashed a shy smile, “Yes. I’m okay.”

He laughed again, “Tomato.”

Quickly, you held your palm against both of your cheeks. Feeling unfair how he always easily picked on your blushing cheeks, you tried to act tough.

“Oppa, you’ve spent my precious time making a joke of me. I’m not pleased,” you stated, clearing your throat.

“Ooooh,” he chuckled.

“If you don’t have anything to say anymore, you can go meet your girlfriend.”

“Jumi-ah.” You felt someone grabbed your arm, rough, making you stepped back.

“What do you think you are doing?” You heard Hakyeon voice changed.

Quickly, your eyes averted to the face of the one who held your wrist tight. “Ravi?” your eyes widened. Ravi wasn’t looking so pleased. You watched as he sent a scary glare to Hakyeon who was sending the same glare. You felt the tension built up and you still couldn’t register what was going on.

“Jumi is tired, she needs rest and I have to send her home,” you heard Ravi spoke, cold. Tired? Were you tired? Wait. What was going on here? Why Ravi suddenly turned up so mad?

Hakyeon grabbed your other wrist and pulled you towards him. “For your information, I was going to send her home too. What did you think I was going to do?” Hakyeon spat. His voice didn’t sound any friendly. You glanced at Ravi before you finally broke the tension.

Raising both of your hands in the air, you voiced out your thought. “What are we doing here?”

Ravi and Hakyeon both averted their eyes on you. You turned to Ravi, “Ravi-ah, let go of my hand.” Hearing that, Hakyeon quickly pulled away but Ravi stayed stubborn.

“Ravi-ah,” you called.

Ravi still held you, now even tighter.

“Oppa~” you called again but this time not using his name. His grip loosened before he finally let go of your wrist as you added ‘please’.

Ravi then turned to Hakyeon sending him a final hostile glare before he walked away. You watched as he leave without word, you looked at Hakyeon, feeling guilty. “Oppa, I’m sorry,” you apologised before you followed Ravi who was leaving you. Hakyeon missed out the chance to stop you from leaving but you already went far out of his reach making him could only sighed.

“Ravi-ah, wait for me!” you called out as you chased him. “Ravi ya!”

He stopped, slowly turning to face you. There it was again, that bothered face.

His bothered face from the previous day flew right away to your mind. You jogged to his side and turned his body so that he stood facing you. Softened by the way he looked, you held both his wrist and made him to look into your eyes.

“I’m sorry.” Those three words he spoke send guilt to your heart.

“We need to talk,” you spoke and watched him as you waited for his response.

He stood in silent again, you really wanted him to part his lips and tell you everything that was bothering him but nothing happened.

It was another silent moment…

And you didn’t even bother to question him any further.

Both of you were standing against each other and locking eyes.

“I thought I lost you.”

You raised both of your eyebrows to his voice.

“Haeri told you’re not coming-“You placed a finger to his lips to stop him from continuing. His eyes widened.

“Shh, we talked later Ravi-ah,” you uttered soft and wrapped your arm around his. “Let’s go home. I’m hungry.”

Ravi nodded and glanced at you as both of you walked home. He let out an audible sigh. “If only you knew what is going on with my heart and mind.”

---

Throwing your cell phone onto the couch, you plopped yourself onto the couch beside Ravi. Ravi who was watching some news on the television automatically glanced at you, admiring your pouty face.

“Omma is not coming home until the end of this week,” you made a sad face.

“Ahh, it’s annoying,” you stomped your feet childishly.

Ravi held your arm to stop you from acting like a kid, “Why is that?”

You glanced at him, “Those ahjummas think they are becoming young again. They’re having a good time without me.”

A chuckle heard from Ravi, you gazed at him, touched. “Don’t stop smiling.”

Ravi froze, his smile disappeared all of sudden. “I love your smile,” you complimented. A big smile then appeared on his face, “You mean you love this?” He pointed his smile.

You nodded eagerly, “Awwww, you even show your teeth this time.” Automatically, you pinched his cheeks.

He laughed out loud to your response, “Why do you act like that for a second. It’s creepy.”

An audible sighed escaped your mouth, you then shifted your view to the television. Ravi noticed your sudden change of mood. He glanced at the television and to you back and forth, your eyes were on the television but your mind was not.

You let your mind wandered for a while before you suddenly realise that you were staring on the black screen of the television. You quickly glanced to Ravi with a pair of furrowed eyebrows, “Why do you switch off the television? Didn’t you see I was watching it?”

“I thought you want to talk?” Ravi’s deep voice send shivers to your spine.

You straightened yourself and stood facing him who was watching your every move. You cleared your throat before you locked your eyes with him. He looked bothered again and… vulnerable. You hadn’t seen his side of this for a while. The last time you saw this side was when you had been injured in accident. Though it was only a minor injury but the concern he held was unbearable, and you still couldn’t forget it.

“What is it that you want to tell me, Ravi-ah?” you leaned your head to the top of the couch.

“What do you mean?” Ravi questioned, playing push and pull. You softened at his sight, he decided to stay another night at your home again that day even though you already asked him not to but he was so stubborn.

“Everything that you had kept from me.”

Silence filled up the air. Your eyes still on him but he had looked away before he decided to gazed back at you.

“Like I love you?” he thought.

“I’m waiting here,” you complained.

“What do you want to know?” he questioned, he began to feel burdened. He didn’t like your question at all, now all he wanted to do is to stop you from questioning.

You eyed him, you made your mind. You were not going to say anything until he actually started his story. But even before he managed to start on his story, your ears caught the sound of rain pouring. In response, you turned your head to see the window, but you forgot you already covered the window with the curtain. You could see nothing through it but you pretty sure it was raining, heavily.

“Haeri told me you went to see a man. She said she didn’t recognise that man and so I went after you.”

Your attention returned back to Ravi. Silently, waiting and listening.

“Hakyeon was not in my mind when Haeri told me about the guy. So I was worried something bad would happen to you.”

You nodded, motioning you to continue.

“And it turned out to be Hakyeon but I already grabbed your wrist.” He shifted his eyes to your wrist and scanning the area he had held tighter earlier on. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t you like Hakyeon oppa?” That question sent sharp tug to his heart. He let go of your wrist and cleared his throat.

“You glared at him as if both of you have problem with each other.”

Ravi forced a chuckle, “Did we?”

The rain poured intensely, Ravi thought of a plan to avoid your further question about Hakyeon. “Wait.” He excused himself to the kitchen while you looked at him, blanked. You sighed and pulled the hem of your long sleeve to the end of your hand. “It’s cold.”

After how many minutes gone, Ravi returned with a couple of mug and blanket for you. Quickly, you took the mug he shoved to you and pressed the warm mug against both of your palm, “That feel better.” Ravi placed his mug on the nearest table and opened the folded blanket before he placed it on top of you.

“Thank you,” you softened and noticed he was not under the blanket. Slowly, you took a sip of the hot chocolate and placed it onto the table before you pulled him closer to you and shared him your blanket. There was almost no gap between the two of you and that made Ravi’s heart beat quickened. You also noticed you pulled him so much closer than you expected and so you shifted your seat so that you two were not that close but his grip on your arm made you paused.

“Let just stay close like this.”

You stared at him, surprised. He then acted shivering, “I’m cold.”

You smiled, but then your heart began to beat wildly against your chest as you could feel the warm from his body spread across yours. There was no denying that he was so close with you. Although both of you had been stayed close to each other when both of you walked outside, but this time it felt so different. Both of you were in your house, so close to each other and no one else was around, just the two of you.

“I’ve known him for so long but why do I feel this way lately around him?”

“What are you trying to tell me Ravi?”

“I’m curious.”

Your heart whispered, soft.

~~~

A/N; 11 lovely subscribers! Thank you for subscribing and reading this story ^^ and all the readers. I appreciate it so much. Keep continue giving this fic love, I will try my best to keep this story interesting.