Chapter 13

Look at Me

“Should I kiss him and start dating?” you repeated, blinking your eyes. All of them excluding you eagerly nodding their head, “It won’t make you pregnant anyway, so don’t worry.” Nari boldly remarked earning a smack from Mirae and a glare from Iseul but soon giggling with your other cousins.

“So, is this going to be your first kiss?” Nari asked, curious. Blood rushed to your cheeks as soon as you heard the words left Nari’s mouth.

“First kiss!” Haemi and Sookyung shrieked.

“You haven’t got your first kiss? That’s shocking!” Mirae bit her nails.

“Aren’t we supposed to listen to Iseul’s story?” you switched the topic, unable to withstand the bullet they shot to you anymore.

All nine of them shot you a lazy look, “After you admit that you’ll date him.” Iseul stated with arms crossed against her torso.

You averted your eyes to Sookyung next to you and found her giving you an assured smile, you sighed out loud. “I’m not doing this,” you got up from your seat and moved forward to the door, feeling somehow bitter.

All of your cousins quickly ran towards you to avoid you from leaving and Nari blocked the door from you in time. “You’re not going anywhere, you can’t,” Nari warned with a stern tone but later softened to see your gloomy look.

“Jumi-ah?” Nari called and placed both of her hands on your side, shaking your body gently.

Mirae and Haemi came to your side, worried. “We’re not forcing you, if you can’t, you can choose not doing it,” Haemi spoke.

You smiled, “Now. Why are you guys preventing me from having my first kiss?”

Nari who was in front of you had her eyes widened, “Are you serious?”

Mirae and Haemi besides you were shocked to hear that from you too and all of sudden, you felt your wrist been pulled from behind. They made you sat and you found Iseul staring you in front of you. “You have dry lips,” she shook her head. Surprised, you touched your lower lips only to have Hyojin pulled your hand away.

“Jumi make over, start!” Iseul announced. Widened eyes, you looked at her, “What are you doing?”

Nari smirked at you and your eyes met makeup set laid in front of you.

Several minutes later…

“Jumi-ah, are you ready?” Haemi questioned as she revealed your look through the mirror.

You looked at your reflection, stunned to see your own look. “You look a lot better,” Sookyung complimented. Nari grabbed your wrist, quickly pushing you toward the door. “Go,” she ordered. “We’ll try to sneak peek,” Sookyung winked.

You turned to Iseul, “Is it okay to do this in your party?”

Iseul nodded, “Go to the balcony, Hyojin we’ll help you.” Hyojin looked at Iseul, surprised but nodded as soon as Iseul gave a look.

“We can even provide you a room if you need one,” Nari smirked earning second smack Mirae. You chuckled, “Thank you.”

You turned to face the door, getting ready to approach Ravi who probably wondering where you were. Heavy sigh escaped your mouth, you turned back to face your cousins who were giving you a curious stare. You could felt your heart pounded hard against your chest, feeling as if it wanted to break free from your chest.

“Why are you guys doing this?” you asked.

“What do you mean?” Iseul questioned back. You glanced at her, “This. Setting me up with Ravi. Wonshik.”

“Does grandma pays you guys?” you questioned again sending shock to all of the nine females in the room.

“Does grandma support you and Wonshik too?” Iseul asked with an amuse look rather than surprise. You nodded. “Daebak,” Nari voiced. You smiled, “I don’t think I can join listening to your story, Iseul unnie. Thank you for the nice make up though.”

“Why?” she asked, upset.

“I’m still too young to listen one, I don’t want my head to be contaminated like Nari unnie,” you giggled. You were the newest and youngest member in the group, so you thought it was better for you not listening to the story or you would end up not having a good night sleep.

“Okay, but promise you’ll join next time,” Iseul smiled. You nodded and faced the door, preparing for the second time. Placing your hand on the door knob, slowly you turned the knob and finally freed yourself from the room.

You noticed eyes were staring at you as soon as you left the room causing you to look down, embarrassed. You forgot you just got make up done by your cousins. Slowly, you walked out to find your mother but you didn’t see her anywhere. It was a party that invited only the female’s family and although most of the one you came across as you passed by were your relative, Iseul also had invited her friends and you weren’t familiar with them.

You passed a group of people you weren’t familiar with, as you passed them; you felt many pairs of eyes staring at you causing you to panic all of sudden. You looked around, hoping to see anyone that you know but to no avail. Your chest felt tightened, you breathed hard and forced yourself to left the area but your legs felt weak, hoping someone would come to rescue you.

“Ravi,” you called soft. You halted and leaned to the wall of the hallway. There were lots of people in the hallway, since Iseul had a big house, she invited lots of people to come and even the hallways were filled with people.

Cold sweat formed on your skin, you shut your eyes tight. There were a crowd of stranger everywhere and you began to feel short of oxygen and you might collapse anytime. “Ravi…” you cried, silently.

Suddenly you felt someone grabbing your arm and pulled you into a hug. Surprised, you look up in response and saw Ravi slowly pulling you out of the crowded hallway. You held tight to him as you rested your arm around his back and he rested his arm around your shoulders. Ravi could felt your hands shook hard from the panic attacked you just received. He shouldn’t leave you alone…

Guilty began to flood in his mind.

As soon as both of you left the crowded hallway, he snatched a glass of warm water and held it to you. “I’m sorry,” he murmured. You took a gulp of the water and felt your heart began to slow down and beat at normal rate.

Ravi watched you in concern, he pulled out his handkerchief and gently dabbed it on your forehead, wiping off the beads of cold sweat. Carefully, not to ruin your make up, make up?

You just realised you had lipstick on your lips, quickly; you pulled away the clear glass and saw your lipstick stain on the edge of the glass. You sighed, and suddenly felt someone held your chin and forced you to look upward.

Ravi studied your face, long. You still had the eyeliner he applied on you but he noticed more make up on your face. Your cheek bone were observable, your sharp nose shown clearly by the make-up and it was the first time he saw you with lipstick on since the high school graduation day.

You awkwardly stare at Ravi as Ravi scanned your face, making your already normal rate heartbeat to pace up. Your eyes fell to his lips…

“Both of you are very complicated. Why take the hard way when you can kiss and start dating?” Nari’s voice flashed back in your mind.

“Should I kiss him and start dating?” you repeated the question in your mind.

After several minutes, his face showed an amusement look. He then gently let go of your chin and snatched the glass of unfinished water from your hand, lifting it higher so that the lipstick stain reached his eye level. Smiling, he then averted his gaze to you, you watched him patiently.

Placing it back to the nearest table, he took your hands and wanted to leave the area but you halted on your step, forcing him to halt his way too.

“Ravi…” you called. He turned to look at you, “You’re okay already, right?”

You nodded, and you felt the force on your hand as he tried to pull you with him but you pulled back. “Why?” he asked, seriously concerned. “I’m here, it’s alright,” he continued as he moved closer to you, leaving no gap between you as he slung his arms around your shoulder. You swallowed hard with the sudden contact, eyeing him through the corner of your eyes.

That night, he decided to pull out black suit with black shirt inside. He turned from hot to even hotter in whatever suits he wore. Slowly, you brought your hand to place it on his hand that was on your shoulder. Lifting your chin to make an eye contact, you flashed him a soft smile, “Thank you for being there…”

The incident flashed back in his mind. He was surprised to see you missing from your mother side after he decided to leave to the restroom. After asking your mother where you had been gone, your mother admitted that she had no idea. She only could tell that you were having fun with your cousins.

He was so worried but half of his heart told to remain calm since you were in a familiar place, less stranger but seeing how the people invited getting increased, his concern levelled up. He kept searching you everywhere there were crowded place until he saw you almost lost conscious in one of the hallway.

“What would happen if you weren’t there,” you chuckled earning Ravi’s attention. He looked down at you, admiring you. “Stay still. Do not disappear from me just like what you did, then this thing wouldn’t happen,” Ravi playfully warned you.

Your eyes suddenly lightened up, “There’s a small lake behind this house, let’s go there!”

Ravi looked at you, surprised, “What are we doing there? Just stay here until we can go home.”

You made a face, “It’s stuffy here, I want to breathe fresh air.” You averted your eyes to see the crowded surrounding, flinched at the sight.

“Open your mouth,” he ordered as he entered purple grape into your mouth. You chewed on the grape, “Can we?” you asked.

He entered another into his mouth, chewing it, he made a thinking face. He looked at you, “Since you disappear and appear beautifully now, I don’t think it’s a bad day.”

You instantly smiled and rested your arm around his back, “Let’s go!”

---

Since you had high heels on you, Ravi piggy back you without second thought. Slowly and carefully not to drop you, he walked with you on his back to the lake. You hugged his neck gently, not to choke him with your heels tangling in your hands.

“Be careful not to smear your makeup on my suit,” he warned. You leaned your head near the back of his shoulder, “Alright…”

Shutting your eyes, you could feel the warmness of his body spread to yours. “He smells good, looks good, kind and even warm. Why can’t other girls see that?” you thought. The distance Ravi had to bear lifting you were about four hundred metre, though it was not far, the weight lifting you cause the journey became further than it should be. But if that made you happy, Ravi would do anything.

“Jumi-ah?” you felt the vibration of his voice spread to you, smiling, you didn’t response to his call.

“You fell asleep? Ya!” he called again, you laughed secretly.

“Yes…?” you finally answered. “Don’t sleep, it’ll make you heavier,” he spoke causing you to smile endlessly.

“Am I heavy?” you questioned and lifted your head.

“Don’t move so much, I’ll drop you,” he warned.

You rested your chin on his shoulder, “Ravi-ah, am I heavy?” You asked again near his ear. He flinched, “Don’t speak close to my ear, it’s ticklish.”

You giggled, “Like this?” You decided to and blew slowly to his ear causing him to automatically pull his right hand and rubbing the ticklish spot. But quickly, he held you back and adjusted your position on his back.

“Jumi-ah!” he called, upset.

“Don’t do that again,” he mumbled causing you to giggle again.

After a while, both of you reached the said lake. He dropped you gently and you put on your heels. Even though it wasn’t comfortable, you ignored it as your eyes fell to the calm lake. The cold breeze that you felt caused you to hug yourself. Ravi noticed it and as a gentleman himself, he took off his suit and placed it on your body. To keep you warm.

“Oooh, Ravi acts like a gentleman,” you teased.

“I’m always one,” he replied with an arrogant smirk. You laughed at his response, “You’re a bad boy.”

Inhaling deeply, you felt your heart set to ease. That night wasn’t really dark with the help of the full moon light, you abled to see Ravi’s side view. He was watching the lake, at ease. The view brought warmness into you.

“Ravi…” you called.

“Um…?” he asked, smiling towards you.

“Is it okay…”

Ravi watched you, still with a smile plastered on his face.

“Is it okay, if I kiss you?” you eventually spoke it with uncontrollable pounding heart you had in your chest.

~~~

A/N: Jumi asked Ravi for a kiss, omo ><

Juvi? Nice one! How about Jumi and Hak Yeon? Would it be JuYeon? Idk. lol.

Subscribe and Comment ^^