Chapter 23

Look at Me

“Jumi-ah… Tell me honestly, do you love me?”

Still eyes staring at Hakyeon, you got up to move away from Hakyeon so that he wouldn’t listen to your conversation. “Jumi-ah, are you there?” the voice questioned.

As you moved away, you felt a grab on your wrist making you gasped out loud. Hakyeon stood up and move to face against you. “Is your mother angry?” he mouthed and you could just stare at him, wordlessly.

“Jumi-ah, this is… Ravi,” the caller spoke again and you couldn’t say anything to him. The fear of Hakyeon knowing Ravi was calling out weight anything at that time.

Hakyeon still looking at you as he raised his brows and questioned you with his expression the reason you stayed silent. Exhaling deeply, you turned your body to avoid facing him before you felt your cell phone flew out of your hand.

Shocked, you turned around to see your cell phone in Hakyeon’s hand. “Oppa, return my phone please,” you pleaded as you grabbed on his arm and tried to reach for the cell phone. But it was too late…

“Auntie, this is Hakyeon. I pro-”

His face fell; you stared at his face anxiously as you saw his lips slowly parted and stared at you. “Hello? Auntie? Are you there?”

You sighed in relief and took the chance to get back your cell phone, “Oppa, return it to me.” Snatching it from him, you pulled the cell phone closer to your ear, hearing nothing. The line wasn’t cut but there was silent filled from the other side.

“Hello?” you called, soft. Hakyeon was still watching you and showing you a puzzled look. Turning your body, you moved further away from Hakyeon as you heard Ravi clearing his throat from the other side. “Are you…”

You anticipated hearing his next words but Hakyeon interrupted you from behind, “Auntie, I will send her home. Don’t worry!”

Looking back to give him an unhappy look and he returned you a smile. You moved away from him but froze on your track when you heard, “Are you with Hakyeon? What are you doing at his house?”

“Ravi…”

“You’re not doing what I think you’re doing, right?” his voice trembled.

“How do you know I’m-”

“So it’s true you’ve fallen from him?” he cut your word instantly, leaving you speechless.

He chuckled, “I’m so pathetic.”

Shaking your head vigorously, “Ravi, it’s not like that. It’s not like what you think.” You began to panic and your body sensed someone was approaching you from behind. Tears welled up your eyes as you tried to defend yourself from all the accusation Ravi threw to you.

“Answer me, I don’t need explanation. Do you ever loved me?” he spoke causing your breathe became uneven. “Please tell me where you are. It’s not like what you think, really!”

“Jagiya, what take you so long on the phone?” You suddenly felt a pair of arms wrapping around your waist as he buried his face on your neck, inhaling your scent. Your eyes widened and you froze in his arms as you felt his nose brushed your neck.

“Oppa, what are you doing?” you questioned to Hakyeon who looked as if he lost his mind. “I know whose calling, tell him we need some private time and if he wants to see you, let him come tomorrow,” he uttered close to your cell phone, loud enough for Ravi to hear.

From his nose to his lips, you felt the hairs on your body stood up as his lips brushed against your neck’s skin. You never be intimate this much and his doing causing you to become paralyzed temporarily.

“What is he doing?” worried could be heard from Ravi’s voice. “He’s not touching you? Isn’t he?”

“You smell so good, Jagiya. You make me can’t endure it,” he kept brushing his lips on your neck’s skin as a drop of tear slid down your cheek.

“Answer me Jumi-ah! Tell him to stop if he’s doing something on you!” he yelled. You stood still, unmoved. Terrified if you moved an inch, Hakyeon would hurt you. He was so scary at that time, as if it wasn’t Hakyeon that you knew.

You inhaled deeply and your sob reached to Ravi’s hearing. “Damn it! Don’t hang up. Listen to me. He’s not doing anyth-”

Hakyeon snatched the cell phone from your hands and threw it to the floor, breaking it. He then unwrap his arms and moved away from you as he left you alone with final daunting words, “You can’t fool me. You can’t.”

You fell down to the floor as your eyes fell on your broken cell phone, sobbing hard.

---

Hakyeon locked himself in his bedroom as he slid down the door. He hung his head low and cried… He didn’t want to scare or hurt you but he just couldn’t.

You began to lie him and fool him and keeping everything from him, he hated it. He wanted your attention but it seemed as if he wouldn’t get it forever. The night supposed to be the enjoyable night for you and him but it looked like as if he ruined it.

He didn’t blame you but instead he blamed himself, he blamed his greed.

It was all clear for him that the person you love was not him, but someone else. Someone that was much better than him and someone that wouldn’t did the things he just did to you.

But that little hope was still burning…

Perhaps, you had a little bit of feeling for him? And you needed him to withdraw it out from your heart?

He guessed not as he got up and opened the door, he saw you hurriedly snatched your sling back and made way to the door, leaving him…

Without saying goodbye.

He guessed that was the last time you wanted to meet him?

---

You reached the lowest level of the apartment and walked out, hoping that any taxi would passed by. The wind was whirling loud as the heavy rainfall hit the ground. It was dark and there weren’t much people around that night, but still you were on the same ground with strangers, your biggest fear.

Hugging yourself, you left the apartment building to reach a place where you could easily got taxi, letting yourself drenched by the heavy downpour. Passing out the gate, you began to feel cold as your eyes found a deserted bus stop. Quickly, you made way to the bus stop and sat on the provided bench. It was late at night and you knew that the last bus had left.

Shivering, you hugged yourself tighter as your tears fell down your cheeks. The feel of Hakyeon’s lips still lingering on your neck.

“You can’t fool me. You can’t.” His words echoed in your head and you shut your eyes in pain, crying your heart out. Why he did that to you? Why he was like that to you?

Was he really that desperate to have you but you already give him so much hints. Hints telling him that he was rejected. He created his own wall and he expected you to break the wall for him and hug him?

Suddenly, you felt someone pulled you into an embrace. Immediately, your eyes opened to see the owner of the arms that wrapping around you and you craned your neck to see Ravi’s glassy eyes looking down at you.

“Ravi…” your voice shook as you shed tears of happiness. He pulled you closer and rested his chin on your head. “I thought you lost your way out. It took time for me to find the right level of Hakyeon’s house.”

You shook your head as you wrapped your arm around his torso and pulled him closer, crying your heart out. He patted your back gently, “He didn’t hurt you, did he?”

Biting your lower lip hard, you wanted to stay in his warm embrace longer. Didn’t want to say anything and just spend the night in his warm hug.

---

“My friend spends the night with his girlfriend, so it’s only me living here tonight,” he spoke as he placed the towel he just got from the nearest closet on your head. He helped you to dry your hair a bit after he wiped the wet on your face.

Your eyes had turned puffy from all the crying and your hands stayed unmoved on your lap, your eyes only glued to him. Not even care to blink, fear that he might leave again in a second you blinked. Ravi noticed you were staring at him and he smiled, “What? Why are you staring?”

You didn’t say anything as you kept on staring at him. “I get nervous if you keep staring.”

Still, you didn’t say anything. You were amazed to everything he did, his blink, his smile, his hands, his gaze, voice and everything. You missed him so much.

Pulling away the wet towel, he brought his hand to the zipper of your jacket. You still kept your eyes on him, letting him do whatever he wanted on you. “You need to take off this jacket. It’s so wet.”

Taking off the jacket, he got up to hanged it, leaving it to dry. He wanted to leave you a while alone in the room to find his extra clothing that he could lend to you but you stopped him.

“Oppa…”

Ravi halted and turned to look at you, “You can talk?”

“Don’t go anywhere,” you asked short.

“I just want to take-”

“I need you,” you expressed.

He stared at you, surprised but he listened to you and took a sit on the edge of the bed, against you. Your eyes still staring at him, the same way you stared at him just now. He was getting nervous and brought his hand to cover your eyes before you threw him into a big hug.

“Ravi… Where were you? I miss you so much! I’ve been searching for you since you left and your sudden missing hurt me so much!”

Ravi was speechless with your words as he returned the hug and he felt you pulled him closer.

“Do you know how terrible my days were when you were not there? It was beyond terrible, I can’t describe it words and the drawing you sent me. Do you think I forgot about who the artist behind it?”

Ravi smiled as he pulled you closer.

“I miss you so much! Please don’t leave me anymore. I think I can’t stand another day without you by my side. And your call was like a great miracle! Listen to me Ravi. I love you. I really love you. Can’t you feel it?”

“And do you know how scary Hakyeon was? He was brushing his nose and lips on my neck and…” you said it. You didn’t intently spill that out. You were too engrossed saying everything you felt and didn’t plan to tell Ravi that part. But you just did.

Ravi let go of you with widened eyes. He held both your arms and stared you in the eyes, you looked away to avoid his gaze. You knew you just invited trouble.

“He did what? Say it again.”

Shaking your head, you shut your mouth tight, fear that you would add up nonsense talk. You were supposed to watch out your mouth.

“Jumi-ah, tell me. What he did to you?” he shook your arms and you looked back him in the eyes as you pushed his hands away from your arm.

You got up on your knee on the bed and looked him in the eyes as he waited for you to repeat your words about Hakyeon but you were not letting that happened. Leaning forward, you planted a quick kiss on his lips, surprising him. You smiled as he gave you a clueless look.

“Happy new year, Ravi… Oppa.”

You leaned back as you rested both your hands on both sides of his head. Gazing him deeply and he gazed back at you, catching the hint. “Oppa, I think I’m ready for the second kiss?”

He let out a chuckle, “What?”

You nodded causing him to gaze you deeply before you leaned down slowly and shut your eyes. As soon as both of your lips meet, Ravi tilted slightly to the right and kissed you gently.

That was the only way for you to keep him from asking; besides you were ready for the second kiss. He rested his hands on the sides of your hip as he smirked in the kiss. He wanted to gain access to your mouth as he began the surprised move causing you to panic in your head.

This was the second time you kiss someone and you never tried any art of kissing but since Ravi handled you with gentle for the first time, you believed in him and let him lead you.

You never knew he was a great kisser.

Ravi smirked in his kiss as he pulled you closer and he knew it. He knew it from that moment that he was in your heart, no one else. He felt that he had found the answer he’d been looking for.

~~~

A/N: Raveeeeeh is back ^^

Subscribe and Comment ^^