Chapter 7

Look at Me

Ravi went up to you to whisper at your ears, “Let both of us sleep at the living room. It’s okay.” You heard him and stared long at the living room. Hakyeon was grinning at you the whole time. Noticing you were thinking hard, Hakyeon called you making you glanced at him.

“So, you usually let Ravi sleep here at the living room?” Hakyeon questioned as he saw Ravi walked out of the living room from the corner of his eyes.

Hakyeon’s question made you bit your lip, you flashed an awkward smile. “He sleeps with me,” you uttered almost inaudible. Hakyeon’s eyes widened in a second, “What? Is he forcing you to sleep with him?” He searched your eyes in concern.

You shook your head quickly, “It’s nothing like that-“

“No wonder he looked reluctant to allow me to stay. How long has he done this to you? Why don’t you tell me Jumi-ah? If you have pro-“

“Oppa, let me finish first,” you cut him. He stared at you, shutting his mouth allowing you to continue.

Before you could finish explaining, Ravi arrived at the living room with pillows and blankets. “Hakyeon-sshi, this is your pillow and-“

“What? You still have the gut to sleep with Jumi even with my presence?” Hakyeon gotten mad all of sudden to Ravi. Ravi stared at him, feeling lost. What was with all the attack?

“Oppa!” you tried to calm him down but he already got up from his seat and tried to reach Ravi for God-knows what he would do but you were faster. You pushed Hakyeon back to his seat and stared him right into the eyes.

“Listen, we shared room but not bed,” you explained short and simple but Hakyeon seemed not convinced.

“And it’s on my request because I don’t want him to sleep in the living room,” you nodded at him.

You saw Hakyeon gave Ravi a look. Ravi didn’t dare to say a word.

“Now, both of you can have my bedroom. I’m going to sleep at omma’s room. Get it?” you said to both of them.

“It’s late, I need to sleep. Good night,” you finished and walked to your omma’s room. “Ravi-ah, don’t forget to lock the door and switch off the lights!” you yelled from your omma’s room.

“Alright,” Ravi replied and walked to the door to lock it off. Hakyeon who was shutting himself watched all of Ravi’s movement. Ravi turned off the light at the living room making the room dark. “Aren’t you going to sleep?” Ravi asked.

Hakyeon got up and left to your room, leaving Ravi dumbfounded.

---

The next morning, you woke up and dressed up before you headed to the kitchen to make breakfast. “Oh! Jumi-ah! You look like a flower today!” random compliment was thrown at you as soon as your foot stepped on the kitchen floor.

“Hakyeon oppa? You’re up already?” you asked, surprised. You found Ravi at his side, making coffee. “Of course! I’m making breakfast for my beautiful Jumi,” he chimed making you blushed.

“You don’t have to,” you complained. Ravi came to you and handed you a glass of orange juice. “I need to go early today, so I’m leaving first,” his deep voice entered your ears. “So I have to hurry up?” you asked, surprised and quickly drank your orange juice.

“Jumi-ah, look I make a toast!” Hakyeon’s voice attracted your attention. You glanced at Hakyeon and smiled at his toast. “That’s wonderful oppa.”

You turned around to see Ravi but he was nowhere to be seen. “Aaaah, open your mouth,” Hakyeon ordered. You turned to Hakyeon who was already in front of you. “Oppa. Where has Ravi gone?”

Hakyeon looked around, “I thought he said he had something up.”

Hakyeon noticed the gloom in your face started to form, “I’ll send you to college, don’t worry.” You looked up to him and eat the piece of sandwich on his hand. “It’s delicious!” you forced a smile. It feels different to not have Ravi with you to the college. He didn’t even tell you why he needed to leave quickly. Now, you have to waste Hakyeon’s time on sending you to college.

---

That night, you waited for Hakyeon arrival. It could be awkward for having Hakyeon at your home tonight. You kept blushing on his words, now that he decided to stay with you the whole night, your cheeks would stay red all the way until tomorrow morning.

You watched as the needle in the clock moved every second. Pulling your cell phone out of your pocket, you pressed the speed dial. Ringing sound could be heard as soon as you attached your cell phone to your ear.

You heard the person on the other side picked up your call, feeling relieved, you felt to tear up. “Ravi-ah, come and accompany me. I can’t have Hakyeon oppa with me alone.”

Ravi sighed inaudible to your hearing. He remembered Hakyeon being spoilt brat in the previous night, ordering him to not ruining the night. He didn’t want a fight and so he just nodded his head. He knew, Hakyeon could take care of you just like he did. After all, Hakyeon had been your guardian angel before he came into your life.

“Why? I thought you’re okay with him? I’m sure he can take care of you better than me.”

You frowned at his answer. “It will be awkward and uncomfortable then,” you tried to persuade Ravi.

“It will be alright, trust me. Even there were the three of us, both of you tend to forget about me.”

His sentences sent sharp tug to your heart.

Things then became silently awkward…

“Jumi-ah?” Ravi called.

“Okay, I see. Good night, Ravi-ah,” you hung up and stared at the empty space in front of you. “I tend to forget him?” you scoffed. “Yeah right Ravi-ah, give me all the excuses in the world, you can simply say ‘No, I don’t want to be the third wheel’. Simple!” you mocked his deep voice, frustrated.

Suddenly, you heard a knock at the door, your eyes lit up, quickly you opened the door to see a huge teddy bear in front of the door.

“Ta-dah~ I bring you our son!” Hakyeon’s yelled excited. Seeing his face, your excitement level fell down to zero instantly, you hated yourself for a moment. How on the Earth could you expect Ravi would appear on the door in a second? It was absurd, he wouldn’t turn up. He made it clear.

Hakyeon handed you the huge teddy bear. You opened the door wider allowing more space for the teddy bear to come in.

Wrapping your hand around the huge teddy bear, Hakyeon entered your house and headed to the living room before he went to your kitchen. You already settled at the couch with your eyes watching every Hakyeon’s movement.

Puzzled, you called him. “Oppa, what are you doing?”

Hakyeon exited the kitchen with eyes busily looking around. “Oppa,” you called again, now you felt like talking to a wall.

“Yes?” he responded, finally. He smiled and scratched the back of his head. He then walked towards you and sat in front of you. “Ravi…” he uttered.

You arched your eyebrows, waiting him to finish his sentence.

“He’s not in your house right now, right?” he let out a nervous laugh. You shook your head, “Why?”

“Good!” he suddenly chimed and threw the teddy bear that separate both of you. Surprised, you quickly shifted your eyes to the poor teddy bear before you glanced at him. He had this excited, overjoy smile on his face, making you felt goose bump all of sudden.

“What is our plan tonight?” he asked, still with that creepy grin. You let out a flustered laugh, “What do you want to do oppa?” Awkwardness began to swirl around you. You couldn’t let that happen and you still have hours with him. Wait…

Were you going to share one room with him tonight?!

Unaware of Hakyeon’s gaze, you began to feel hot. Now where was Ravi when you needed him the most?

“Is it hot?” Hakyeon’s question froze you into ice. Slowly averted your eyes at him, you shyly giving him a smile, how did he know?

“Let’s watch a movie!” you got up from your seat and walked to the DVD player. Your brain started to working out which movie to watch because you hadn’t rent any good DVD lately. Pretending to search for a movie, a sudden knock on the door made your head turned to the door.

Hakyeon looked at the door before he glanced at you. “Who is that? Has your omma return from Busan? I thought you told me she is going back this weekend?”

You shrugged at Hakyeon and you walked to the door after several knocks were heard on the door. Hesitated a bit, you finally open the door and your eyes widened at the sight.

“Who is it?” Hakyeon asked.

You quickly closed the door behind you leaving Hakyeon alone inside. You couldn’t control your feeling and so you jumped to the person in front of you giving a surprise hug, “Ravi-ah! You came!”

Ravi who least expected your hug, stared at the empty space in front of him, stunned. He was lost in his thought with your sudden hug. Did you just hug him? This was not his dream, wasn’t it?

You let go of your hug and found he had something on his hand. Overwhelmed with his thoughtful action you took his hand in yours and squeezed it gently, “Thank you.”

“What is this,” you heard Hakyeon’s voice from behind of you. You snatched the DVD from Ravi’s hand and showed it to Hakyeon. “Oppa, I think we have something to watch tonight.”

“Ravi?” Hakyeon questioned at you. You nodded and pushed Hakyeon inside with Ravi’s hand still in you, you pulled him to inside. But Ravi let go from your grasp, making you turn to him. “I only came to lend you the DVD,” he whispered in case Hakyeon’s listening.

You furrowed your eyebrow, “You’re here already. Just for this time, help me.” You pleaded, attempting to show him your puppy eyes. He finally let out a chuckle and nodded, defeated.

“Ravi? You’re going to stay for tonight too?” Hakyeon questioned, his overjoyed excitement smile had vanished from his face. Ravi gave a slight nod causing Hakyeon shot him a disgusted glare. You started the movie and had the light turned off.

You walked to sit beside Ravi but Hakyeon didn’t let that happen easily. He quickly took a seat beside Ravi, stopping you to a halt. You then sat beside Hakyeon. That made Hakyeon a wall between you and Ravi.

Three of you began to watch the movie silently, you paid full attention to the movie and you were getting immersed to the sadness of the movie causing you to shed tears secretly. Hakyeon who wasn’t really paying attention to the movie, realised you had tears on your eyes. He swore he heard Ravi snored beside him. Slowly, he reached for the remote control and he pressed the turn off button.

Shocked, you quickly turned to Hakyeon beside you. Since it was dark, you couldn’t really see his face. You felt his hand on your wrist and a whisper near your ears. “I’ve watched the movie. You might be upset if you watch it till the end.”

You swallowed hard.

“I don’t want to see you upset.” He smiled as he said that. “Let’s take a walk!” he then pulled your wrist to the door in the darkness.

---

The night breeze made you shiver. You rubbed your arm to keep yourself from getting colder. Hakyeon who noticed your action, smiled, he pulled you closer to him causing you to freeze. Trying to relax and loosened your muscle, you began to feel comfortable as you felt the warmness of his body slowly conducted to yours.

“Jumi-ah,” he called.

“Um?”

Both of you walked slowly, following where your feet lead you to. You stared up to see the stars up the dark sky, but you couldn’t find one, upsetting you. Then your mind started to remind you about Ravi. You hope he didn’t wake up and get panicked to see both of you had gone.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” Hakyeon’s word cut your thought.

~~~

A/N: Subscribe and comment ^^