Chapter 4

Look at Me

The feel of ice cream melted into your mouth made your hyper level increased. You looked at Hakyeon who was having the same glass of ice cream in front of you.

“You look like as if you haven’t taste ice cream before in your life,” Hakyeon made a face at you. You grinned and scooped another ball of ice cream into your mouth. “Thank you, this tastes the best!” you gave him a thumb up.

Hakyeon chuckled, “Cute.”

You froze, and stopped dig in your ice cream. Why did he keep throwing cute compliment to you?

“Why?” he asked glancing at you, you could see sincerity through his eyes. You kept scanning his eyes to find out more about inside of him.

“Jumi-ah? Why are you looking at me like that?” Hakyeon laughed. You snapped out from what you were doing. You gave a shy laugh, “Sorry oppa. It’s just I suddenly thought of Ravi…”

The smile Hakyeon maintained on his face vanished, “We can bring him here another time.”

You sighed, it wasn’t your intention to bring Ravi’s in your conversation but you didn’t want Hakyeon know how you felt different with him.

“Ravi would love too!” You cheered up and continued your business with your ice cream.

“Jumi-ah…”

You looked up to lock eyes with Hakyeon in front of you.

He looked hesitated a bit, and you noticed his smile had disappeared.

You flashed a smile, “Yes, oppa?”

“Are you in love with Ravi?”

Thunderstorm hit you in your mind.

You scoffed, “What?”

You forced laughed, “Are you kidding me?” You put down your spoon, not pleased.

Hakyeon peeked at you, blank.

“You do not?”

You placed your hand on your stomach, trying hard to control your laugh. “Oppa, what make you think that I like him?”

Hakyeon chuckled, “It’s just you care him too much. Ravi this Ravi that.”

You glanced at him, your laughed had stopped. “Oh, did I?”

Hakyeon noticed the change in your voice, he laughed out loud to lose the tension. “I know you can’t help but to remember him in your mind.”

You stood still, loss at words.

“After all, he helped you a lot. No wonder you become to attach with him.”

You nodded, and forced a smile. Hakyeon gestured you to finish your ice cream. You looked at the ice cream and all of sudden you lost your appetite.

“Don’t tell me you don’t want to eat your ice cream anymore.”

You shook your head, “I’ll finish it up, and don’t worry. I love ice cream!”

You could hear a chuckle heard from Hakyeon. You continued to slip ice cream in your mouth despite you lost your appetite.

After the ice cream treat, Hakyeon dragged you to a cosmetic shop. You agreed to everywhere Hakyeon wanted to bring you since he wanted to spend more time with you.

“I want to try the new flavor,” Hakyeon muttered.

You looked him in questioned.

“Heaven!” he uttered as soon as both of you arrived at the lip balm’s section. “Lip balm?” you thought.

“Jumi-ah, here try this one,” he shoved you a lip balm. You took a look at the lip balm and tilted your head. He was admiring the other lip balm.

“Oh here it is, I haven’t tried this flavor,” he muttered to himself.

“You use lip balm?” you questioned while showing him the lip balm he gave you. He froze from what he was doing and turned to you.

“That lips need lip balm,” he said, touching your lips. You moved away, surprised. Hakyeon grabbed your wrist and held you closer, “Don’t go away. Stay close with me.”

You could feel your cheek heated up again. You glanced at your hand around his hand, secretly enjoying it.

“Give me that, I’ll pay,” he ordered. You hid the lip balm away from him, shaking your head. “You paid a lot. Let me at least pay for this one.”

Hakyeon softened, “I choose that lip balm for you, assume it as a gift from me. Now give me that lip balm.”

You shook your head again making Hakyeon chose plan B. He then grabbed the same lip balm and walked to pay. Surprised, you wanted to snatch the lip balm but he already told the cashier to count in the lip balm in your hand.

“Oppa~” you pouted seeing he paid for three lip balm instead of two.

“It’s okay, you can give Ravi one as a gift.”

Pang of guilt felt across your body. “Thank you, oppa.”

He looked down at you, “Thank you for being here with me too.”

“Ravi must have thought I had kidnapped you if I keep you with me for a long time. Let me send you home.”

Agreed with him, both of you then walked out the store but you stopped at the middle of the journey. Hakyeon look at you giving why-do-you-stop look.

You pointed your fore finger to both of your hands that held tight together with his. “I didn’t say that you can hold my hand this way.”

Hakyeon automatically raised a brow and laughed. He squeezed your hand tighter. “But you like it, don’t you?”

Blood rushed up to your cheeks. “Oh miss tomato is here!”

You pulled your hand away from his hand and rubbed both of your cheek to calm down the effect but it gotten worst, you felt your cheek heated up more.

“Alright, I won’t do it without your permission.” He pulled your right hand and linked his pinky with yours. “This is okay, right?”

You nodded, feeling shy.

“Let’s go.”

You made a step before he halted. “Oh!”

You glanced at him, puzzled.

“What about with Ravi? At what stage he could hold you?”

Stunned, your mind tried to find the best answer to represent.

“Oppa~” you called. “Ravi must have thought you leave me alone here. Let’s get back to your car, please?”

“Alright,” he agreed and brought you out the store. You felt relieved and hope he wouldn’t bring out the question again while in the car.

----

Hakyeon waved you goodbye and you responded with a wave. You turned to walk to the front door when you suddenly jumped, shocked. You almost let out a scream when you caught a familiar figure in front of the door.

“Ravi! What are you doing here? You want to see me dead?” you scolded, mad. Ravi laughed out loud. “I thought you saw me from the car.

“If I did saw you I wouldn’t be this surprise!” you lifted your fist as if you wanted to hit him. Ravi put his guard up, “Ooooh so now you want to hit me?” He couldn’t help from laughing.

You neatly folded your arms in front of your torso, you couldn’t help but to burst out a laugh. You glanced at him and you just realised he had turned to himself back.

“By the way, what are you doing here in front of my door?”

Ravi stopped laughing and glanced at you, “Oh, your mother had left to Busan.”

You widened your eyes, “To Busan?!”

Ravi nodded, “Your mother’s friend invited her with them. She was hesitated to leave you alone but I assured her that I wouldn’t let you live alone.”

You stared at him, blank.

“So you let her go? Just like that?” you asked in disbelief.

He nodded, and grabbed your wrist, “Don’t worry I’ll make you dinner.” He dragged you inside your house. He made you sit on the couch while he made his way towards the kitchen to make a dinner.

Your mother just left you to enjoy a vacation and you couldn’t believe it. She didn’t even let her know before leaving. You pulled out your cell phone and it hits you. You forgot to check your cell phone the whole day you spend with Hakyeon.

Text messages from your mother popped up on the screen, you hit your forehead with your palm. How can you forget to check your cell phone, you sighed.

“Ravi, I’m going to take a bath. No sneak peek,” you playfully warned.

You heard his chuckle, “Wow!”

---

After that night dinner, you yawned earning a smiling Ravi. “You must be tired today.”

You nodded, agreed. “You can go home, I can stay alone.”

“What? After eating my dinner you’re asking me to go out?” Ravi protested.

You waved your hand in front of him, “It’s not like that. I can stay alone, really. Your mother must be worry of you.”

“They know I’m staying with you.”

Both of your eyebrows rose, “Oh they did?”

Ravi nodded. “I will accompany you tonight.”

You nodded in response. “Oh! Before I forgot” You walked to your handbag and held out a lip balm. “Here, a gift from Hakyeon oppa.” You shoved him the lip balm and showed him you had one with you too.

Ravi held the lip balm. “A lip balm? Do you even use a lip balm?”

“It’s not like that, I made him to buy a pair.”

“Oh?” Ravi still got confused. “But you don’t even get interested with make-up stuffs.”

You made a face, “It is wrong for him to give this lip balm as a gift?”

Ravi opened up the cap of the lip balm and without you saw it coming, he held your chin and applied the lip balm on your lips. Your heart skipped a beat. You stayed unmoved as you watched him applying it carefully on your lips.

He opened his mouth to gesture you to open your mouth. You obeyed and continued watching him.

“Are you in love with Ravi?” Hakyeon’s question flew back to your mind.

“Are you in love with Ravi?”

“Are you in love with Ravi?”

“Are you in love with Ravi?”

“Beautiful,” Ravi’s voice snapped you out from your thought.

“Your lips don’t look that dry anymore.” He gave you his lip balm, “You need it more than me. You can keep this.”

He got up and pointed his fore finger to the living room. “I can sleep here.”

You averted your eyes to the living room. After how many seconds of thinking, you locked your eyes with him.

“You will sleep with me in my room tonight.” You calmly stated.

Shock expression clearly filled his face.

“But-“

You beamed and grabbed his arm before you dragged him to your room.