Chapter 12

Look at Me

“Grandma!” you ran towards your grandmother. She held her arms opened wide enough for her to pull you into an embrace. “Aigoo... my granddaughter is here,” your grandmother patted your back and let go of you.

“Grandmother,” a voice came behind you.

“Oh, Wonshik-ah. You came too?” Your grandmother came and pulled him into a hug. Ravi smiled to your grandmother as he let go your grandmother, “I heard you miss me, grandmother.” Your grandmother chuckled, “Aigoo… come in Wonshik-ah. Grandma really miss you.”

You watched as both of them entered the house leaving you outside. Your mother passed you and turned to look at you for a second, “You’re not coming in?”

You nodded as a response before your mother flashed a smile and followed your grandmother. Your mother, Ravi and you decided to stay at your grandparent’s house for several nights. After learning that one of your cousins, Choi Iseul is getting married, you asked permission from your college to not attend some classes. You might miss some of your lesson but you already asked Haeri to help you tracking your missing lesson once you returned.

As you stepped inside the house, your eyes caught your grandfather, you walked to him and you could see his wide smile. “Grandpa,” you hugged him. He laughed, “Oh, Jumi-ah. You came.”

“Of course,” you giggled and let go of him. “Where’s grandma?”

Your grandfather laughed again, “As usual, she favours Wonshik more than you.”

You smiled to your grandfather’s answer. Ravi was like a family member in your family. Since you brought Ravi came to your mother’s hometown, your grandmother instantly fell in love with him. She became fond of him to the point she would insist you to marry him.

“Grandma,” you back hugged your grandmother. “Jumi-ah, have you eaten?” your grandmother asked as she turned to face you. Ravi was already on the dining table, you gave him a look. “I didn’t get a proper meal.”

“Here, sit beside Wonshik,” she pulled you and settled you beside Ravi. Ravi stared at you and you stared back. “Where’s your mother? I’ll call her. You two wait here for a minute,” your grandmother ordered.

“Grandma really likes you,” you turned at him as you placed your chin on your palm.

Chuckled escaped his mouth, “Why? Are you jealous?”

“A little,” you made a face. He laughed and crossed his arms against his torso, “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Thank you,” you expressed. He arched his brows in response, “For what?”

“For lighten up grandma’s day,” you replied short and diverted your attention to the sound of your mother and grandmother coming to the dining room.

Ravi smiled to your reply, “Thank you for lighten my day too Jumi-ah.” He thought, wishing you could read his mind.

---

It was the day of the wedding, Ravi’s outfit matched yours. He was wearing a white suit and you chose a white dress that your mother got to snatch for you before the wedding day. You stared at him as he appeared in front of you, dazed.

“He looks good…” you complimented him in your mind. You never thought he would look this good in the suit as he rarely wear one. He noticed you were staring at him and from the way your eyes glued to him, he’d bet you were already fell under his charm. He adjusted his posture so that he looked like a jean model in magazine.

“Do I look that handsome?” Ravi teased you. Suddenly, you snapped out from your daze. Giving him a look, you walked to your grandmother’s room. “Oh, Jumi-ah? You already dressed up?” You nodded as an answer, “Grandma, can I enter Ravi-”

“I mean Wonshik’s room for a moment? I need him to help me something,” you questioned. Since you stayed at your grandparent’s house, you thought it was polite if you asked permission to enter Ravi’s room. Your grandmother’s eye smile appeared, “No problem, why? You need him to zip up your dress?”

Your cheeks heated up, “Grandma…”

Laughing out loud, “Alright, I’m just joking.”

You flashed a quick smile and turned to see Ravi behind you. Startled, you almost lost your balance and hurt your bottom but Ravi quickly saved you from falling. “Be careful,” Ravi uttered in concerned. You heard your grandmother’s laughing from her room, “Aigoo, kids nowadays are too shy to admit they like each other.”

Blood rushed to your cheeks for the second time that morning, flustered, you let go Ravi’s hand and disappeared to your room. Your mother still getting her make-up done in the guess room you shared with your mother. Ravi watched you as you disappeared out of his sight, actually waited you as he overheard the conversation going on between you and your grandmother.

After finding the thing you searching for, quickly, you got out and found Ravi at the living room. His back view caused your heart skipped a beat. You couldn’t hide your astonishment but you were too shy to admit it. Out of sudden, your mind imagined him standing in front of hundreds people, waiting for you to walk to him on the aisle.

You shook your head, snapping out of your crazy thought.

“Ravi-ah,” you paced towards him, with your arms hidden behind your petite body. Ravi turned and found you, “Yes?”

Grabbing his wrist, you checked the living room. He looked at you, puzzled. You heard sound came from the kitchen and quickly and silently, you pulled Ravi to the room he slept. Curiosity started to take over him but he remained silent as if he understood that you didn’t want to get caught.

As soon as both of you were in the same room, you closed the door and locked it. You leaned your ears closer to the door and heard your grandmother’s voice, “They are so cute!” You shut your eyes and hissed as you got caught.

“Omma, they’re just friend,” you heard your mother’s defending you.

“How do you know? Boy and girl cannot become friend. I’ve meet fortune teller and she told me they are match made from heaven,” your grandmother replied making you shook your head. Your grandmother often meet fortune teller, you couldn’t believe she actually asked about both of you.

Ravi cleared his throat. You turned to him who was sitting on the edge of the bed. Your eyes met his, causing your heart skipped another beat. You almost forgot that you were the one who locked both of you in the small room. “What are we doing here? Are we not attending the wedding?” Ravi questioned to get rid of the sudden awkwardness.

“Wh-What is it?” you stuttered. You still found him attractive, he shouldn’t wear the suit, it caused you lost your real intention and it made you lost your mind.

Ravi chuckled at your reaction, “I thought you asked me for a help?”

“Oh, right. Here!” you shoved him the eyeliner tool you kept hidden from his view.

He laughed as he took it from your hand, “What? Why are you showing me this? You’re funny.”

Embarrassed, you rubbed the area behind your neck, “Don’t laugh at me like that, I really need your help.” Pouting, you plopped yourself beside him, controlling yourself at the very best you could. Now, you found he even smell good.

“You want me to help you applying eyeliner on you?” he questioned, softened. He knew you had no idea at all on make-up and he was ready to help if you asked him too. He wore eyeliner, a lot.

You nodded, excited like a little puppy. “Please?”

He laughed out loud, couldn’t content his feeling. You were overflowed with cuteness making him wanted to squeeze you. “But, with a condition,” he stated calmly.

You stopped from your puppy action, giving him a look. “How much do I need to pay? This friend…”

“Ask me properly. Call me oppa like you always do when you need something.”

You huffed in annoyance, “Ravi-”

“No, Wonshik,” he cut you off.

You gave him another look but Ravi sent you an expression asking you to smile. You faked a smile, “Wonshik oppa, help me applying the eyeliner, please?”

Ravi didn’t give you a response, indicating he wasn’t satisfied with the way you asked. You inhaled deeply and exhaled audibly. Shifting closer to him, you pulled his arm and hugged it, “Handsome Wonshik oppa, help me applying the eyeliner, please?” You added puppy eyes and looked at him making pitiful faces. Ravi gulped hard, his heart beating faster.

Pushing your hands away, he stood up. “Quick, we’ll be late.”

You stared at him, surprised with his sudden change of behaviour. Were you overdone it?

---

Choi Iseul was beautiful like an angel sent from heaven that day. You watched in admiration and as soon as she kissed her groom, your heart fluttered. You fell in love with the scene and tears started to b in the edge of your eyes. You were too immersed with your own feelings.

Ravi who was sitting on your left saw you were wiping your eyes. Secretly, a smile crept on his face. He then switched his attention to the bride and the groom. Both of them were beautiful and the scene set his heart on ease, he hoped that one day he abled to stood there as your groom. Not Hakyeon, speaking of Hakyeon, Ravi felt relieved that he couldn’t come for the wedding. You invited him to come along but he couldn’t leave his work.

“You’ll ruin your eyeliner,” Ravi whispered into your left ear.

Your head quickly turned to face him, “What are you talking about.” You tried to hide your tears but it looked like someone was watching you with details.

“How long have you staring me?” you whispered as you looked in front of you.

“Since the first day I meet you,” he replied, half serious, half joking.

“Quit making fun of me,” you warned, not accepting his joke and continued staring at the bride and the groom of the day.

---

The next night, your whole family were invited to a small party after the real wedding day. You were dragged by your female cousins to a room. You had to leave Ravi to your other male relatives. Closing the door behind you, you saw a group of female in the room, including the newly wed Choi Iseul.

Sookyung gestured you to sit beside you. They were sitting in a circle; all of the faces in the circle were familiar. All of the females in the room were your cousin, or should you say, your legal aged cousins.

Nari stood up and walked to the door, “Have you locked the door?” You looked at her, shaking your head. “Why? Do we need to?”

Nari laughed and locked the door, “Ah, I forgot.”

Puzzled, you faced eight of your cousins in the room, “What are we doing here?”

Iseul giggled, “I’m so nervous, someone explains for Jumi, she really had no idea.”

You looked at your left and found grinning Mirae, “You really don’t know what’s going to happen?”

You shook your head and looked at the rest of your cousin, “Does all of you know?” All of them nodded in unison, you sighed, frustrated. You felt a hand on your arm, you turned to see Sookyung, “It’s a tradition meeting.”

Your brows arched, “What tradition?”

Sookyung softened and began to explain the whole tradition. It was a tradition made by your family, one of your earlier cousins founded the tradition and only certain people allowed attending the meeting. The tradition required only female, legal aged and haven’t married. It was the first time you attend the meeting since you just reached your legal age. You were actually surprised to found out that this type of crazy meeting exists.

“But Iseul just got married…”

Smiling, Sookyung continued. “We need someone who just got married to tell her first night, you idiot.”

Everyone in the room giggled to hear Sookyung’s answer. You scratched the back of your head, “I still don’t get it. What is she going to tell us?”

Nari hit your forehead with her knuckle, “Ya, it’s a girl night. She’ll share with us about her making love at the wedding night. One day when you get married, you’ll be in Iseul’s position and you have to tell the rest of us your first night with Wonshik.”

You froze as you felt nine pairs of eyes burning hole in you. Nervous laugh escaped your mouth, “What are you taking about, why would I marry Wonshik?”

“Quit pretending, I saw how Wonshik looking at you. I’m the most experienced, I know,” Iseul intruded.

“Have he asked you a real date out?” Haemi who was sitting on your three o’clock questioned. Now, you became the spotlight, the meeting was supposed to have Iseul as the main spotlight but now you stole it from her.

You shook your head, “Aren’t we suppose to listen to Iseul’s story?”

Iseul shook her head, “We are open with any related love story. It’s like love counsellor. I’ll share it once we finish helping each other.”

You saw your cousins nodded their head, agreed to Iseul’s statement. “Have he told you?” Haemi questioned again after getting no response from you.

You shifted your eyes to Haemi, “We never thought of dating each other.”

Nari groaned beside you, “Both of you are very complicated. Why take the hard way when you can kiss and start dating?”

“Ya, she isn’t like you. You date like thousands men already,” Hyojin interfered.

You smiled, touched with your cousins’ concern.

“Should I?” you asked in response to Nari’s answer.

All of them stared at you, you repeated. “Should I kiss him and start dating?”

~~~

A/N: Subscribe and Comment ^^