JINHWAN's POV

In Their Eyes

Something has been bothering me all night. I can't believe what I learned. I feel betrayed. I sat on my bed and looked at the body on the bed right next to mine. Jiwon. How could you?! I bet Hanbin will hate you.

 

I went to HeeChan noona's dorm earlier. I had nothing to do. I texted her and she said she was free but asked if I could go a bit later. I didn't reply anymore. I got to door but thought if I should really go yet or not. She did say she's kinda busy. Well, what does it matter? I'm not the kind of person who would bother anyone so much.

 

I got down the flight of stairs and went to HeeChan's door. I noticed it was slightly open. Maybe she's cleaning, a good reason for her to be busy. I held the knob when I heard her shout.


"No, Jiwon! I didn't know! I mean, I know he looked familiar but I didn't think of it. A lot of people look alike," I heard her say.

"You have got to go home and explain. He's going to kill both you and hyung!"

 

That was Jiwon. What are they fighting about? These two have been fighting more recently now.

 

"I don't want to. I'm sorry. I mean, I don't even know why he hates the guy. I don't talk to him. I've been here for a year already and that was the first day I got really close to him."

"You know how your dad hates his family. Just like the way he hates me."

"Jiwon. He can't hate you. You're family."

"Yeah right. Earth to noona. Being your cousin kept me away from you."

 

Cousin? No. That couldn't be true.

 

It became silent and I heard footsteps going to the door. I acted fast, ran to the other flight of steps and hid behind the wall. "Jiwon," I heard HeeChan say. I heard footsteps fainting. I peaked and saw Jiwon walking away, HeeChan went back inside, her hands on her face.

 

I ran to her door just in time before she closed it. She turned around to look at me.

 

"Jinhwannie.." she said sadly. "Don't mind me. I was just..."

"Why are you crying? Did you and Bobby fight?" I asked as if I didn't know anything.

"Huh?" she said surprised.

"I... I saw him leave. Did he come from her?" I asked again.

"Ah. Nae. He did. Come inside, Jinhwannie," she offered and opened the door for me.

 

She went straight to the sofa and held on its backrest. I just looked at her. She then walked to her room. I followed her inside. I've been in her room before. Everything was in purple. She says it's her favorite color. But there's this picture frame on her bedside table that's in green. And she said she wasn't a fan of the color. The picture in it was of three kids, 2 boys and a girl smiling widely at the camera. And the longer I look at the boy in the picture, it gives me the shivers. One of the boys look like Bobby. The other one looks familiar, too, but I can't remember where I saw his face. She turned to look at me and somehow, she didn't want me to go inside but I still went on. I walked to the bedside table.

 

"Me and Bobby, we weren't fighting," she said. "It's just that.." 

"Until now, you haven't told me who these kids are," I said cutting her.

"Why? Have you asked before?" she said.

"No. But I want to know now,' I said holding the frame on both my hands.

"Jinhwannie," she said.

"One of the boys is Bobby, right? He's your cousin," I said looking straight into her eyes.

 

She never mentioned her family before. Not even their names. I always wanted to know why but I didn't have the guts to ask. For me, these things should be shared willingly and not forced out of anyone. I knew she was sad. I can see her wet eyes through her glasses. She looked down.

 

"Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell all of us?" I said putting the frame down.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I didn't want to ruin Bobby's dream just for covering for me."

 

I sat beside her and held her hand. "What exactly is wrong?" I asked.

"Jinhwannie. No one in our family knows I'm here. I ran away," she said.

"What?" I said very shocked.

"I'm sorry. I wanted to become an artist so bad! This is my dream. But my dad won't let me for some stupid family reasons I'm not even part of. And if you think about it, I just ran into that problem again. But now, only big time," she said forcing her tears back.

"Chanhee..." I said putting my hand on her back. "You could've told me or the hyungs. You know we care for you," I said.

"Jinhwan, I don't know what to do anymore," she said.

 

I pulled her into a hug. It's been a year when the maknaes, including myself, started to like her because we saw a strong, talented girl willing to train with us no matter how hard it was for us. Now, I'm seeing her cry for the first time because of problems she's kept for a long while. She always had a sunny smile on her face. Who would've thought she can break down like this?

 

I keep thinking about HeeChan today. I saw her at the training room where the girls dance. She was just sitting on the floor. Jennie saw and went to me.

 

"Hi! What's up?" she said.

"Nothing. Training's over?" I asked.

"Nah. Still 3 hours to go. How about you guys?" she asked again.

"Recording. We made a new song. I don't know if we can finish it in time," I answered truthfully. We were working on a song but it's half-heartedly made. Bobby isn't in his mood today. I know why.

"So, how's Chanhee's boyfriends?" asked Jennie with a mocking tone.

"Boyfriends?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Bobby and Hanbin. Come on. You know what I mean," she said looking back at Chanhee. "She's been sad these past few days. I saw her talking to Bobby the other day and I don't think they're good," she continued.

"Did they fight?" I asked.

"I don't know. Maybe. He isn't her boyfriend right? So Hanbin still has a chance on her. He likes her, right?" said Jennie.
"Yeah. I don't know if Hanbin will like this," I said looking away.

"What won't he like?" asked Jennie grabbing my shoulders.

"Nothing," I said.

"By the way, Jinhwannie oppa. Don't you think Chanhee and Bobby are just too close? I sometimes think they're related," she said.

"They're cousins," I admitted. No point in hiding. She's already suspecting anyway.

"Cousins? Hmm.. I thought so. How did you know?" she asked me again.

"Yeah. How did you know?" someone asked behind me.

 

I turned to look and there's Hanbin. I guess, he's been standing there long enough to hear what I just said. This isn't good.

 

"How did you know they were cousins? Is this true?" Hanbin asked.

 

I stepped out of the training room pulling Jennie with me. Chanhee's inside. I don't want Hanbin to see her. He looked seriously at me.

 

"You said they were cousins. You were sure of that. How did you know? Jiwon hyung never said that," he said.

"Chanhee told me," I said.

"No. That's not true. You know Jiwon wouldn't hide anything from us. You're making this up!" he said.

"I'm not making this up, hanbin. Chanhee told me. If Jiwon didn't tell us that's becuase she doesn't want anyone to know," I said.

"What? No way! Jiwon hyung could've told us. We've all been together for a long time. And Jiwon hyung wouldn't fall for his own cousin," he said.

"They're close. That doesn't mean Jiwon likes her in a different way. That's not right," I said.

"I'm going to ask Jiwon hyung about this," he said taking a step back.

"You can't. They're not in good terms, Hanbin. They might fight again," I said stopping him.

"I don't care. If I don't ask him now, he's going to be in a bad fight with me," he said.

 

Jennie stayed at the training rooms. I followed Hanbin up to our recording room. I tried to stop him. I know he was mad. I can see it in his eyes. He opened the door and looked for Bobby. Bobby was in the middle of teaching Yoonhyung one of the dance routines we had. He turned and looked. "Hey," he greeted.

 

"Jiwon hyung. Can you tell me something?" asked Hanbin.

"Yeah?" he answered.

"What's your cousin's name?" asked Hanbin.

"What?" asked Bobby surprised.

"You know what I'm talking about! Why didn't you tell me, or anyone, you were HeeChan noona's cousin? That you knew each other. Why did you tell us she was just someone you emt in America? Why did you lie to us? TO ME!" shouted Hanbin.

He was about to charge at Bobbyand hit him. Me and Junhwe held him back. Yoonhyung stood in front of Bobby, protecting him.

"He told me," he said. That surprised me. "Bobby told me he was HeeChan noona's cousin. I caught them talking to each other and they admitted it to me."

"What? You told him? And not me?!" said Hanbin.

Even Donghyuk and Junhwe are now surprised and shocked. "You're her cousin? Why didn't you tell us?" asked Donghyuk.

"It's not that I didn't want to tell you. She doesn't want anyone to know," said Bobby.

"Is that why you two have been fighting lately?" I asked.

"You two? Fighting?" asked Junhwe. We aren't used to seeing the Bobby or Chanhee angry or sad. So news of them fighting are worth a shock.

"Nae," said Bobby looking away. "No one in our family knows she's here. Everyone else is looking for her there, hoping she's still alive. Me? I have to lie to everyone that I don't know where she is."

"But why?" asked Donghyuk.

"Because she doesn't want her dad to go get her. If he finds her? He's going to lock her in a dungeon, I can bet you on that! I don't want her to go, too. But everything's been crazy now. I want her to at least talk to her dad but she doesn't want to," Bobby kept on saying.

"Why is your dad so mad at her?" asked Yoonhyung.

"He's not just mad at her. He hates me, too! And if he learns she's here with Seunghyun hyung, he'll kill both of us!" said Bobby starting to cry.

"Seunghyun hyung? Seungri hyung or TOP hyung?" asked Hanbin.

 

=========================================================

 

That was something new.!

 

Sorry for the late update.! T^T Have been very busy. And I tried to update my other story, too. I'm actually creating a new one but I guess I'm only going to publish it once I know I have at least one of the current stories finished. Support me please.!

 

Comment and subscribe. I LOVE YOU. :D <3