YOONHYUNG's POV

In Their Eyes

I came to YG today. I had to. They let me. >_<

 

"Okay. We're ready to go!" said Junhwe.

"Anybody else who aren't here?" asked Hanbin.

"Jiwon and Chanhee aren't here yet," said Jinhwan hyung.

"We're here!"

 

We looked around and there they are, hand in hand. And Hanbin is at it again.

 

"Yah! Yah! Yah! Take your hands off of her," said Hanbin, taking Bobby's hand from noona's arm.

"Why should I?" asked Bobby.

"She's not your boyfriend," he said.

"Neither are you. Get lost," said Bobby sticking his tongue out.

"But I have a chance on being her boyfriend though," said Hanbin with a wide smile.

"And I won't ever want you as an in-law," said Bobby looking away.

"In-law? How come?" asked Donghyuk.
"Bobby hyung, You're weird," said Hanbin.

"Guys, it's okay. I'll just take Jinhwannie's," said noona letting go of Bobby then holding Jinhwan hyung by the arm.

"Noona!" pouted Hanbin.

 

Only noona can really make Hanbin look like a child. When he's with us, he bosses us around. I wish noona could be with us forever.

 

Oh. By the way, we're off to my home to eat. :D hehe.. Bobby and noona has nowhere to go to for the New Year so I invited them to our home. I told my parents and they were good with it. We invited the others, too. Of course, Team B will never miss out a day in our house since they love the food my mom makes. The WINNER hyungs can't go though. They said they were going home. We couldn't insist them in going since that was the only day they can go back to their hometowns. It's been a while since they had a vacation.

 

We're now in the car. Jinhwannie hyung and Junhwe are talking about a new song but Junhwe's eyes are on Donghyuk playing this new game, Flappy Bird. I'm playing that, too! I hate it when I lose. I just want to throw my phone away. And it somehow resembles Angry Birds, or maybe Mario. I don't know. I just play it. XD Hanbin and Bobby has been arguing, playfully. Hanbin has been doing his best to make noona praise him but Bobby puts him down everytime. I don't know why they have to do that though. We've been with noona for a year and they know each other already. Personally, I'm not that close with noona. I don't know. Maybe it's because we're both soft-spoken that whenever we're together, we seldom talk. But that doesn't mean I don't care for her.

 

Let me tell you a story you may like. Hanbin likes HeeChan noona. Wait. Let me correct myself. He has a crush on her. We all know that. And he's open with. He once told noona about it but she just laughed it off. Now, as far as we know, he only teases noona about it to make her smile. Lately, she's been sad. Bobby said they had a little fight but they're good. Maybe it's the girl thing they usually say. You know, the monthly thing. And one more story? Bobby and Chanhee noona are cousins but no one in YG knows except me. Bobby told me. That's why they think Bobby likes noona but the truth is, he just always looks out for her.

 

"Yah! Hanbin! Stop teasing her," said Bobby and we all looked.

"Why? I'm having fun," answered our leader laying his head on noona's lap. "You would want me as a boyfriend, right? Noona?"

"Hmmm.. Maybe if you're three years older, I would," noona said touching his nose.

"So, if I was older, you'd go out with me?" asked Hanbin excitingly.

"Maybe. You should go through Bobby first," she answered back.

"Hmpft. I don't want to ask him. I know he's gonna say no," he said pointing at Bobby.

"Oh, I would, you bet," Bobby agreed.

"Then, I would say no, too," teased noona.

"Hmpft. Is Bobby hyung your boyfriend, noona?" he asked. Noona shook her head. "Who do you like then? The WINNER hyungs? Is it Seunghoon hyung?" asked Hanbin. Well. That's one thing I didn't know.

"Hey! Don't matchmake her," said Bobby pulling Hanbin's arm.

"It's okay. I'm not offended," smiled noona. She is so cute.

 

For the rest of the drive, Hanbin dozed off on noona's lap. Bobby switched seats and joined us in the Flappy Bird challenge. I saw noona's reflection through the car windows and noticed her wiping her eyes. Was she crying? Why? I guess Jinhwan hyung noticed her, too. He nudged on my shoulder and whispered.

 

"Am I seeing right? She's crying?" he asked looking at her, well, that's what I think he's doing since his eyes are so small. Haha!

"Yeah. I think so, too," I said concerned.

"I bet she misses home already," said Jinhwan hyung.

"Maybe," I said.

"Maybe there's something we don't know. But... Nah. Forget about it," he said getting Bobby's attention. They started to talk.

 

It took us 20 minutes to get to our home. When we got off the car, we could immediately smell mom's cooking. We all got out excited except for noona who still looks like she wanted to cry. Mom welcomed us inside. We were already walking inside when Jinhwan hyung pushed me back.

 

"Go ask Chanhee what's wrong," he instructed.

"Huh? Why me?" I asked. And I know my eyes doubled its size when I heard it.

"She suspects less of you. And besides, you should get closer with her," he said and went inside first.

 

Aish. This hyung. >_< Then I felt someone tap my shoulders.

 

"Yoonnie?" asked noona. Yes. she calls me that. "Aren't you going in yet?"

"Huh? Uhm.. Yeah. I'm going in. You?" I asked. I think I look so nervous now.

"Yes. Let's go," she said pulling on my arm. But I stopped before we could step on the door.

"Noona," I started. "Are you alright?"

"Huh? Yeah. I'm fine," she said looking straight at me.

"Well, I saw you a while ago. You were...crying," I said.

She formed her lips into a smile and touched my cheek. "That was nothing. I was tired. I think the thought of going on a vacation was something I longed for. Even if it's just for today," she said. "I'm all right. I promise," she continued. And she pulled me to go inside.

 

We spent the whole morning helping mom with the chores. We're closing our restaurant after lunch and had to prepare for New Year's dinner. We had lunch all together. After lunch, they needed to go. Jinhwan hyung will spend New Year with Hanbin and his family. The two maknaes will go home, too. And it was just us left.

 

The afternoon was fun. Noona finally met my family and they liked her. We had a big dinner! There were really a lot of food, a lot of stories, a lot of singing and dancing. We've set up the home karaoke. My parents enjoyed watching Bobby hyung dance. He is the best dancer after Hanbin. They also loved noona's singing. I was amazed, too. I heard her sing before during training but it's so different hearing her sing normally. We've done eating and they were singing in the living room. I helped my mom wash the dishes. Noona volunteered to help but mom let her sing some more.

 

"I like your noona's voice. Is she going to debut like you?" asked mom.

"I hope so mom. Isn't she amazing?" I said looking over to the living room. I could see Bobby dancing to a trot song.

"They're cousins, right? They look so happy. But I bet they miss their families today," said mom reaching for the next piece of pot to clean. I told her about the real relationship between them.

"Yeah. Bobby just came home from America. Noona hasn't been home in more than a year. But at least they're happy today," I said rinsing the glasses.

"My dear Yoonhyung. Not all of the people who smile so widely are happy. Sometimes, they just smile to forget what makes them so sad," said mom.

 

I froze where I was. I was already putting the plates in the rack. I think I almost let go of one. I saw noona cry earlier. Does she have a problem? Bobby said they fought the other day. Maybe that's it. Maybe they're still not good and just pretending in front of us so we don't worry about them. That's not good. I've always known them as close cousins. I don't think there's anything in the world they can't fix between them. That, or they have a different problem we're not aware of.

 

After the party, Bobby and I slept early. Noona slept in my mom's room. In the middle of the night, I woke up and went to the toilet. This night is freezing! I hope noona's alright in their room. I still am thinking about her. When I came out, I decided to go to the kitchen to see if I could munch on anything, I think I want some chocolates. I saw a little note stuck on our fridge. I found that strange. No one in my family usually puts a note on the fridge. Except for my mom, of course. But my mom posts large ones for menus and market lists. I took it and read.

 

"Yoonhyunggie!~ Thank you for this wonderful night. I had so much fun. It felt just like home. I'm sorry if you caught me crying in the car. Everything's fine. I just thought of my family and thought how much more fun it would be if I was with them. But thank you for making me feel like family to you. I thank your mom, too, and her wonderful cooking! Happy New Year! Saranghae dongsaenggie.! :D Chanhee.."

 

Oh. Now I see.