GDRAGON's POV

In Their Eyes
I wasn't even able to move when I saw him slap Chanhee. All I could do was gawk my mouth at the scene. And I thought this could only happen in dramas.

Seunghyun hyung helped Chanhee stand up, Bobby was on the other side.

"Please, uncle, stop it," said hyung.

"Don't dare call me your uncle. I do not know you," shouted Mr. Lim at him.

"Dad. I'm sorry.p.. I'm..." Chanhee-ssi tried to say.

"Shut up! You ungrateful child. Is this what you do after all the things I did to raise you? Me and your mother who's dead worried about you!" he shouted some more at her. I really hate seeing family quarrels.

"Uncle, no! Noona did nothing wrong," shouted Bobby.

"Nothing wrong?! What do you call her running away for a year and making everyone so godtdamn worried? Is that right?" he shouted at Bobby. "Not to mention living with this good for nothing man and his family," he said pointing at Seunghyun hyung. "And you lying that you don't know where she is? Is that right, Jiwon?"

"Please. My family has nothing to do with this. Do not drag them in this conversation," said hyung looking fiercely at Mr. Lim.

"You knew. You knew she was here. And you didn't even tell me. Both of you!" he shouted at both hyung and Bobby.

"Dad, I'm sorry," said Chanhee trying to get a hold of her father's arm. "I only wanted to do what I always dreamed of. Music. Just like you," she said.

Mr. Lim's face turned red and he slapped her again. "Shut up," he screamed pointing at her.

"Uncle! That's enough," said Bobby.

"I am giving you 5 days to pack your bags. We are going back to America," said Mr. Lim.

"What?! You can't do that! She's already a trainee here at YG. She's planning for her future," said Seunghyun.

"Chanhee's one of our best trainees. We can't just let her go," I said.

"Isn't that a harsh, and not to mention, an immediate decision to make Mr. Lim?" said sajjangnim.

"I am her father and I know what's best for my daughter," he said proudly.

"What's best for her? You locked her up in her room in America, for crying out loud! How is that supposed to be good for her?" shouted Bobby.

"I am not talking to you, young man," said the elder.

"Maybe we can still talk this through, Mr. Lim," said sajjangnim.

I know he doesn't want to let Chanhee go. We have plans for her. She's going to be part of the new girl group. Her songs are already lined up for recording. We need her.

"That is my final decision. You can terminate her contract as soon as possible. Or whatever you need to do," said Chanhee's father. _p> "No! Don't! You can't! I won't let you take her," said Bobby standing in front of Chanhee and her father.

But Chanhee held onto his shoulder and said,"It's okay, Jiwon. We talked about this already. I'm going with dad."

"But, Chanhee-ah..." started Seunghyun hyung.

"It's all my fault anyway. I ran away. I didn't tell anyone. I made Jiwon lie for me. And you had to witness this family arguement yourself, oppa. I'm sorry but I have to go," she said with a shaking voice.

"The wisest decision you ever made," said her father.

"Noona. What about our dream? We said we'll be in this together," said Bobby looking at her.

"You can still do it, right? I believe in you. You, Hanbin and Jinhwannie. All of you," she said. "I have to face a problem I started."

The cousins hugged and cried. Seunghyun hyung hugged them, too. I think I want to cry myself. I saw sajjangnim shake his head and take out a folder from his drawer.

"I will be preparing the signing now. Let's meet again tomorrow," he said.

"Very well. Let's go, Chanhee-ah," said Mr. Lim taking her arm from Bobby.

"No," said Bobby pulling her back to him.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Lim. But while the contract has not been terminated yet, we have every right for Chanhee's custody as of the moment, so I suggest you leave her here first. And besides, her things are at our very own dormitories, so you need not to worry if your daughter runs away again. I suggest you leave her in the building while she still has schedules to complete for the day. We will contact you once we finish the contract termination. And also when Chanhee has cleared the dorm of her things and ready to leave," said sajjangnim looking sternly at him.

Mr. Lim stood straighter than ever and cleared his throat. "Very well. I will then. But I will leave you of my contact information," he said.

"Yes, thank you. You can give it to my secretary as they you down to the lobby," said sajjangnim.

His secretary bowed to Mr. Lim and ushered him to the door. "Five days, Chanhee. That's all you have," he said before leaving.

The cousins watched as we saw him get into the elevator. The three hugged while Chanhee still cried. I walked over to sajjangnim and saw how disappointed his face was. He took his phone out and I saw him dial Tablo hyung's number. "Come up here," I heard him say and he ended the call immediately.

"Chanhee," he said causing the three to look at us. "I must be honest with you. I am very disappointed in you. If Seunghyun-ssi didn't tell me beforehand of your situation, you may have flown back to America right this instant."

"Sajjangnim. I'm so sorry. I knew what my actions could bring. I'm apologize for dragging all of you into it," she said bowing low.

"Sajjangnim, you can't let him take her. He'll lock her up again," said Bobby in tears.

"I'm sorry, Jiwon-ssi. We can't just meddle into a family affair like that. What I can only help her in now, is to prepare her before going back to America. That's why I didn't let him take her earlier. You're still under a contract. If he takes you now, and hurts you, YG will be partly in fault there. We don't want to get in big trouble anymore," explained sajjangnim.

"Thank you, sajjangnim," bowed Seunghyun hyung.

Sajjangnim stood up and held Chanhee's shoulders. I can see his eyes are sad.

"You are a very talented girl. I must admit, I want you to debut as soon as possible and help you grow more as an artist. I don't want to lose a trainee like you. But in times like this, we need to make a decision. It may be hard and sad to do so, but we must. If you are sure you want to go with your father, then you may. But you heard him. You have 5 days to pack your bags. Use that time to think everything through and decide if you really want to go. If you decide that you want to stay, I am willing to help you convince your father. But the final decision will always be yours. Your father may not want you in this line of business, but that doesn't mean you always have to listen to him. It's your future you're deciding on. Not your father's. You running away was already a showcase of how much you want to achieve that future you dream of. Will you want to put that to waste?"

Sajjangnim said that in his fatherly tone. It's like he's talking to Yoojin-ah. Even I listened to his speech and felt emotional. I remember Daesung in our trainee days. His father didn't approve of him being an idol. But he still strived to reach for his dream. He did his best in training and he showed his father that he can still excel in his studies. And he did. He did great in both. Daesung's dad may not be supportive and vocal about his achievements but we know he's proud of him. No parent wouldn't be.

"I'll think about it, sajjangnim. Thank you," said Chanhee hugging him.

I saw Tablo hyung get off one of the elevators and I called sajjangnim's attention. Tablo hyung went in.

"Woah. Did I just miss something? What's with all the drama in here?" asked hyung in English.

"You missed a lot," I answered.

Sajjangnim let Chanhee go. "Go on and get ready. Jiwon-ssi, stay with her until she goes back to the dorm," he said. The kids bowed and soon left us all inside.

"What happened?" asked Tablo hyung.

"Chanhee-ssi. Her father came to get her and bring her back to America," said sajjangnim.

"Her father? Woah," said Tablo.

"I bet he's gonna hurt her more," said Seunghyun hyung.

"Why does something tell me her father hates us?" I said.

Seunghyun hyung and sajjangnim looked at each pther before hyung answered. "First, she just hates me and Korea. Chanhee's dad is my father's half-brother. Our grandfather left him and his mom and he's been mad at us ever since. Second, he hates YG. Sajjangnim to be exact. He's jealous of the success his colleagues are having now," said hyung.

"Why?" I asked.

"His name is Lim Junyoung. We used to work for the same group under Seo Taiji. Until he left for America, vowing to never come back. He started a music career that soon ended," said sajjangnim.

"Wait. Lim Junyoung? Don't tell me he was the Korean rapper caught with weed in a club?" said Tablo hyung.

"Wait. He's a rapper? Doesn't look like one," I said.

"He was. Not anymore though. That issue caused shame in himself. His statements said that he didn't smoke weed and that it came from a package given to him by fellow Korean rappers. Ever since that day, he stopped all his connections with hiphop, the music industry and Korea," he said.

"And as I heard from other Asians in the US, his name is still being talked about especially if the topic is about drugs," said Tablo hyung.

"I guess that's why he doesn't want Chanhee to be here. He knows the run-around already," I said.

"Wait. So you're telling me Chanhee-ssi is Lim Junyoung's daughter?" Tablo hyung asked. We all nodded. "No wonder she was good. She inherited his dad's talents. I wonder why he isn't proud of her."

"I don't think he's not proud. I believe he is. He just wants to protect his daughter. He wants her to avoid any issues that can break her," said sajjangnim.

"But you must agree, sajjangnim. Us, fathers, we overreact most of the time," said Tablo hyung.

"And that's where I must agree," nodded sajjangnim.

"I hope Chanhee's crazy father realizes that soon, too," I said.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Sorry for the late update! I've been held up in some issues.

BTW, Lim Junyoung is an imagined character. I don't know all of Seo Taiji's past dancers and boys, so yeah.

Hope you liked this chapter.! Comment and subscribe please.! :D