chapter 10

my roommate, my vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: the next couple of chapters are pretty gratuitous pure fluff and just slice of life for real bc they are headed to jejuuuuuu lolol an almost obligatory backdrop for kdrama romcoms hahah thats why i wrote it in all those years ago and then when they had lup5 in jeju my heart fluttered esp with all those wenrene moments hehehe so yea i have to do some edits on that for sure 

anyway heres the morning after and then a bit more insight into vampire joohyun

have a lovely monday!

 

Wendy wants to say that she slept well that night, but that would be a complete and utter lie. Even though she and Joohyun smoothed their little seduction mishap over, it doesn’t stop Wendy’s brain from assaulting her with every single minute detail of Joohyun’s touch. 

She can still feel Joohyun’s arms around her. 

Her breath cool against the shell of her ear. 

Her lips grazing along her neck. 

They didn’t even do anything and Wendy feels electrified. She can’t imagine how her body would react if Joohyun moved her hand higher...or lower for that matter. Or if her lips closed around her neck and . 

Wendy wakes up with her hands in her shorts and blushes furiously from the dream she had. 

She rushes to the bathroom and starts off her morning with an extremely cold shower. 

After she gets settled, she pours herself a bowl of cereal and curls up on the couch to watch some videos on her phone. In a short while, she hears Joohyun’s door open and the woman comes out wearing her cute pajama set, rubbing her eyes underneath her glasses like a child. 

Wendy forces herself to eat as a means to not stare at her roommate. “You’re up really early,” she notes aloud. 

“It’s snowing,” Joohyun notes as she brings her sleeve up to her nose briefly. 

“And that wakes you up?” 

Joohyun nods as she opens the panel for her record collection. “What’re you doing today?” she asks as she looks for a record.

Wendy shrugs. “Still take it easy. Probably start Christmas shopping later. I might call Seulgi to see if she’s free.”

Joohyun pulls out Vivaldi’s Four Seasons. “Do you mind?” She notices the phone perched on the table. “Oh, you’re watching something.” She moves to put the record back. 

“It’s fine! You can listen to it,” Wendy insists as she reaches for her phone. “I can catch up on my queue anytime.” 

Joohyun has already put the record back. “It’s nothing new I haven’t heard,” she sincerely says before dropping onto the recliner. “I just like the background noise. Sometimes when it snows, it feels like I can’t hear anything; it’s not pleasant.”

“What do you mean you can’t hear anything when it snows?” Wendy asks curiously. She’s never thought of snow like that. 

Joohyun kicks back in her recliner, pulling the throw over herself. “Sometimes you can’t hear anything else when the snow falls. It’s like the flakes don't make sounds and when they've fallen everything is silenced, no cars, no walkers, no bustling noises.” She nonchalantly shrugs and burrows into the throw like she’s a little blanket mountain. “It’s strange, don’t mind me.”

“Is it because your hearing is sensitive?” 

She peeks out from the throw. Wendy can’t help but notice that Joohyun looks adorable like a child as her head is the only thing that pops up from the blanket. “How do you know my hearing is sensitive?” 

“You always know when I’m coming around,” Wendy recalls, “Like when I wake up to use the bathroom at night. I can hear you pacing but then you stop when I get close to the bathroom. Or the time you caught the glass because you heard it scraping on the counter. Or last night, you heard me singing even though my door was closed.” 

Joohyun narrows her eyes at Wendy. “Astute observations.” 

Wendy smiles cheekily at Joohyun and watches as the older woman sniffs the throw. “Are all of your senses sensitive?” 

Joohyun stares at Wendy with wide eyes. “What do you mean?” She sits up in the recliner, crossing her legs underneath the blanket. “What else have you noticed?” 

Wendy swallows. “I mean, I don’t notice much. Just a few things here or there.” 

“Tell me,” Joohyun insists. She looks more interested and awake than before. Quite enthusiastic even. “I’ve always known you were curious. So I want to know what you’ve picked up so far.” 

Wendy blushes because that was the first conversation they had face to face. Her natural curiosity. Her mother always said to be careful because curiosity killed the cat, but Wendy can’t help it. She likes learning and knowing things. Especially when it comes to Joohyun.  

“You’re sensitive to UV,” Wendy points out, earning a look of intrigue from Joohyun. “You don’t like exposing yourself to sunlight, which is why you have dark curtains and sleep in and your clothes are generally long and you like to cover up. You get especially angry on days that have an overcast. Since it’s been winter, you’ve been waking up earlier and opening the shades without fuss.” She waves at their current situation.  

Joohyun nods in agreement. “Fair assessment. What else?”

“You’re sensitive to smells. You always smell your food before you eat it, which makes sense because nerves between smell and taste are actually linked. You have a habit of smelling your sleeves or your collar...or me.” Joohyun perks up at Wendy’s assessment and Wendy blushes at how Joohyun sheepishly stares at her. “I mean we were really close last night, so that could’ve just been a proximity thing.” 

“No, no,” Joohyun interrupts. “I’ve noticed how you smell; your scent is...familiar to me. It’s kind of what I like and find comforting. What else?” 

Wendy blushes at the admission and almost loses her train of thought. “I’m not sure about your day vision, but your night vision seems to work exceptionally well. When you come home late and I hear you, you never turn on the lights but you make it to your room without knocking into things.” 

“How do you know I haven’t memorized the format of this place?” Joohyun challenges playfully. 

Wendy shrugs. “You could have. That would mean walking through this place with your eyes closed and if you practiced that, that would probably mean your vestibular sense is pretty sensitive as well.” 

Joohyun looks taken aback at the reasoning. She stares at Wendy, utterly speechless. 

“What? Did I say something wrong?” 

Joohyun shakes her head. There’s an amused smile on her lips as she goes through Wendy’s words in her head. “No one has ever connected all of those things and lived to speak about it.” 

Wendy bursts out laughing. “What the heck? What does that mean?” 

Joohyun also laughs in response. “It’s nothing. It’s just amusing that you’ve noticed all these things about me and haven’t found it the least bit odd.” 

“Is it supposed to be odd?” Wendy curiously asks, wondering if she’s missing anything. 

“No, no. Some people have found my habits weird at times. Mostly weird and kind of unnatural? So it’s nice to feel like it’s normal.” 

“The modern age of medicine has taught me so much,” Wendy proudly says. “Oh, speaking of which, I’m always concerned about your circulation. Your hands and body are always cool. Is that normal? Are you okay?” 

Joohyun rolls her eyes as she sets the recliner upright. “Yesss, Dr. Son, my body temperature has a lower baseline than average.” 

“So if you get a fever, at what temperature should I be concerned?” 

“Are you really doctoring me right now?” 

“I’m just curious! I don’t want you to get sick and not know when to act.” 

Joohyun lets out a boisterous laugh. “You’re so weird, Seungwan!” She tosses the throw she was using at Wendy’s face as she makes her way to the kitchen. 

“It is a valid question, unnie!” Wendy chases after Joohyun into the kitchen. She starts cleaning her bowl. Joohyun just ignores Wendy to grab one of her cans from the fridge. “Is that all you’re having for breakfast?” 

Joohyun nods. “It’s too early for me to be hungry.” 

Wendy purses her lips. “You know....” she starts off, earning a groan from Joohyun, “if you went on a healthy diet and fitness plan, I bet that would improve your circulation.” 

Joohyun raises an eyebrow at Wendy. “I’m perfectly healthy and fit.” 

“Are you though?” Wendy queries skeptically. “Because I don’t think I’ve ever seen you go to the gym since I’ve lived with you. Not to mention your diet consists more of your supplements in a can than anything else. Processed stuff isn’t nearly as healthy as natural things.”

 

Wendy regrets questioning how fit Joohyun is. Her diet is still highly questionable because she rarely ever eats, but if there’s one thing for sure, Joohyun is fit. 

Wendy rolls over onto her side painfully, feeling her abs burn only to see Joohyun continue her sit ups without stopping. She goes so fast that Wendy counts at least one each second. 

“How are you still going?” she whines. 

Joohyun doesn’t respond. She obviously is counting in her head, inhaling and exhaling steadily. 

Wendy had stopped at 25 because trying to keep up with Joohyun’s pace was futile. The woman is like a machine. Even when they were on the treadmill, Joohyun casually hopped on beside Wendy, glanced at her machine, and ran at the same pace without breaking a sweat. Wendy’s been slowly increasing her speed for months now.

And lifting weights? There’s only about one set of weights that goes less than 5kg and Wendy always uses it. Joohyun just sighs and grabs the 20kg to do whatever workout Wendy is doing. And she does it without breaking a sweat. These are supersets and Joohyun treats it as if it’s a simple stretch. 

“I can stop,” Joohyun suddenly says as she comes up one last time and stretches her legs out in front of her. “Are we done?” 

“You are unreal,” Wendy gasps. “You’re barely sweating. It’s like you applied no effort whatsoever.” The only evidence that Joohyun exercised is the fact that her face is slightly pink and the thin layer of sweat on her forehead and neck. 

Joohyun shrugs before standing up.

“Have you always worked out? Or are you just naturally athletic?” Wendy asks, scampering up to follow Joohyun. Joohyun grabs the water bottle off the bench and hands it to Wendy. 

“I was weak for a long time, but I made time to train after I had Yeri.” She wipes the sweat off her brow with her long sleeve. Again, Joohyun even wears long apparel when she’s working out. Wendy is thankful for that because if she could actually see how fit Joohyun is, she doesn't think she'd live to tell the tale.

“Yeri, your youngest sister, right?” Wendy asks as she follows Joohyun out of the gym. 

Joohyun glances at Wendy, pausing for a brief moment, before nodding. “Yes. Yeri is the most athletic one out of all of us.”

“What does she do now?” 

“She says she’s studying Physical Therapy in San Diego, but I doubt she’s getting any work done,” Joohyun practically grumbles. 

“Ah, Sunny California, right?” Wendy chirps. Joohyun nods as they get on the elevator back to the condo. “How come you and Sooyoung are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter